Review: Core i5 10600K and Core i9 10900K processors

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, May 20, 2020.

1. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit GameRock 2080
    You're clearly trying to troll. Unfortunately, you're doing it to a pretty poor standard. Go back and read my reply regarding the PCIe support on Intel. Before you come back with more of your crisp, low level trolling, I'll have you on ignore. So don't bother.

2. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    AMD has decided to support Zen3 on B450 and Z470.

FM2? Whaaa?

There are a lot of people that build systems purely for production purposes. Gaming is actually a rather small market overall....

Intel "fanboys" to into damn near every AMD related thread and do exactly what you're accusing AMD "fanboys" of doing. In fact, I'm sure I've seen you do the exact same thing you're accusing others of doing, on more than 1 occassion....

I was actually just getting ready to start searching for i5 10400 reviews. Thanks for saving me the trouble.

3. SamuelL421

SamuelL421 Member Guru

GPU:
    1080ti / 11gb
    I don't understand the fanboy mentality on either side. I've been buying Zen/Threadripper for the past 3 years because it has made more sense for work. If you need to do any real work in addition to gaming, AMD is probably the better bet right now. If you're building a strictly gaming PC at the moment, I would recommend Intel.

@Hilbert Hagedoorn Thank you for the great reviews! I know this has been brought up before, but have you given more thought to including 4k benchmarks? I think they are finally becoming relevant now that 4k, high detail, and 60+fps is reasonably achievable.

sykozis and felix-09 like this.
  4. user1

user1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    hd 6870
    the temps looking off on the 3600 @5:50, 95C is high, take with gain of salt

5. nizzen

nizzen Maha Guru

GPU:
    3x2080ti/5700x/1060
    Crazy that Intel 14nm ++++++++++++ winning in power consume AND fps in gaming over the epic AMD 3600 !

7nm sux :p

user1 likes this.
  6. user1

user1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    hd 6870
    lol

-Tj- likes this.
  7. sverek

sverek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    It's a win win for Intel! HUGE Energy.

Snowflake AMD as always low on energy.

8. user1

user1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    hd 6870
    intel's BIG clock is clearly insurmountable

Last edited: May 23, 2020
  9. RyuzakiL

RyuzakiL Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX-1070
    I didn't know the Intel shills are now out in the wild bringing pitch forks to defend Intel Cool aid like their insignificant life depends on it. Any who I'm not tied to any brand as I'm always after with multitasking in mind, to those claiming that AMD is behind at gaming - where just talking at 5-7 fps difference and the shills are treating it like the AMD is just outputting 30fps at best. My goodness, what kind of brain-cells they have.

Any how, this 10th gen brought no improvement vs 8th gen, IPC wise aside from slapping some extra cores with double the power consumption and temps. I don't call that an improvement but hey the Intel shills have their ways to circumvent that thus, its pointless to argue with these poor and pathetic individuals (you know who they are from this thread XD).

I have the means to purchase but I'm too smart not too fall on these cheap tricks that Intel is pulling off. Will wait and see what AMD will release as they have real tangible improvement in the works IPC, power consumption, temps etc.

In the meantime, 8700k is serving me well despite being a space heater at stock config.

lukas_1987_dion likes this.
  10. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    felix-09, your account has been removed. We know what your other account is as well. Don't make the mistake of doing that again.

@metagamer, reading through this thread made me cringe so much its reduculous, you need start to discuss normally and not so damn aggressive with all the lame insults, as if this continues there's no place for you here at the forums.

-Tj-, carnivore, buhehe and 2 others like this.

11. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 7970 Quadrobake
    Is there any ETA on Rocket Lake? According to WikiChip, it seems to be one of the same again, but who knows.

itpro likes this.
  12. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 2080 Super
    What I was trying to point out, at 1080p with framerates that are between 120-200 fps, not that it matters up there, although last gen is not really behind either.
    That Intel didn't included PCIE4 is probably the biggest let down for those who hoped being able to use the new gen of Nvme2 here and now.

13. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 2080 Super
    Your comparing what you pay in the US with what it costs in an EU country?
    A 3700x cost $295 at Newegg.

14. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 2080 Super
    Meant to launch sometime around late 2020 or the beginning of 2020, only ETA there is so far.

15. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Sapphire 7970 Quadrobake
    Late 2020 doesn't sound like it would make a lot of sense, seeing how these have just barely launched. So they will basically launch a bit after Zen 3.

itpro likes this.

16. itpro

itpro Active Member

GPU:
    Radeon Technologies
    Q1 2021. Due to corona thing it pushed back from Q4 2020.

17. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Duke GTX1080Ti
    That´s something that puzzles me, it seems Intel wants to release 2 or 3 "generations" of CPUs on a very short time period, it´s like the 1200 socket is just a stop gap measure until Intel can release the "real deal"... Very strange.

18. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Sapphire 7970 Quadrobake
    All this clears out when you realize it's basically the same generation just with different names and a few more cores (until the sockets melt), to create buzz around them, have another set of reviews tell how good their "new" "gaming" CPUs are, thus keeping them in the memespace as the relevant "gaming" CPU brand.

The last relevant release was the 9900k, if this one didn't happen their presence would be negligible. They're just trying to keep their mindshare and have some summer sales.

HandR likes this.
  19. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce 1060 6gb
    They should have tested against 3600X would be fair because price is similar , here in Poland 3600X is 25$ cheaper than i5 10400.

20. nizzen

nizzen Maha Guru

GPU:
    3x2080ti/5700x/1060
    Last edited: May 24, 2020