Review: Core 9th Series 9900K, 9700K and 9600K Processors

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Except it's not.

Constructive criticism is okay, but going point by point flat out ripping on the article, and registering just to do so? You probably won't last long here...Just a small protip.

2. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Radeon 5500
    I love that 9900k and that clock-speed my God!!! So looks like intel is still pulling ahead.

3. vestibule

vestibule Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX6600XT
    yup, I here Shania twain sing. So you got the new 9 series cpu.
    That don't impress me much, and you got no brains and you got no looks.

4. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    In Nvidia's case it's because AMD has nothing that competes with Nvidia at the top level.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2018

5. Goiur

Goiur Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4080
    Do you see any Xeon on those benchmarks?

6. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Guest

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    To be fair, the pricing of the 9900K is borderline HEDT (9900K is closer in pricing to the 1920X than the 2700X).

7. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    If you'd open your eyes instead of your mouth, you'd notice Threadripper is in the vast majority of benchmarks. The ones where TR is missing is due to the fact that it was a newly introduced benchmark, or we had to redo the benchmarks from scratch due to a revision bump of the software (7-zip) and did not have a chance/time just yet to retest.

user1, Fox2232, Noisiv and 2 others like this.
  8. Goiur

Goiur Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4080
    That's on Intel's stupid pricing policy lol

I cant imagine any scenario where someone who puts together a build for gaming choose a TR, pricing wise against Intel may be something you could look into, but performance/money ratio makes no sense. Just like the 9900.

9. xrodney

xrodney Master Guru

GPU:
    Saphire 7900 XTX
    Any scenario where you do more then just gaming, or any scenario where you need more PCI-e lanes, or want longer HW support that intel offers, or just simply dont want support Intel in any way because of principle.

Just 6 hours ago ordered for myself TR 2950x and MSI MEG x399 Creation because of all above reasons and some more.

Will I get lower FPS in games? Yes, but not that much at 3440x1440.
    Do I care? Not realy.

I am simply not going to pay huge extra just to get few more FPS.

10. xrodney

xrodney Master Guru

GPU:
    Saphire 7900 XTX
    Erm... TR is not server CPU, but there is Intel's 5960x which fall to same cathegory.

No offense, but I would also like to see at least one Treadripper used in gaming test just for comparison. It would make more sense than including old 5960x.

Biały Wilk and Solareus Prime like this.

11. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    bad news bro:
    -> you're blind as a bat
    its either that or 7870 is croaking on you and can't render PNG images

2990WX is shown in every well multi threaded benchmark sans two.

12. Goiur

Goiur Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4080
    Thats why i said "puts together a build for gaming", to remove any other scenario. Ofc if you are a "fanboy" of brand XYZ you wont give a **** about reviews because you will buy what you like anyway.

13. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super

[​IMG]

GTFO!

BangTail likes this.
  14. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    You'll probably see that as AMD releases new Ryzen Master with TR improvements at end of this month.

15. xrodney

xrodney Master Guru

GPU:
    Saphire 7900 XTX
    In temps and power consumption definetly under AVX workload easily beating 2950x.
    And probably in higthest price as well, currently $625 in europe (make that $755 with tax)

Thats unless you use board that limits TDP.
    But it is build for gaming (about 70%), but had to be used for other stuff as well and its nonsense to have two very expensive builds.

And its not about fanboism, but rather common sense and weighting cost/performance and longevity which is currently on AMD side and thats not going to change anytime soon.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2018

16. vbetts

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Jesus lord some of you need to calm down.

So threats, being rude, stop it. Only warning. @Solareus Prime that includes you.

17. user1

user1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Mi25/IGP
    I am curious as to how higher ringbus speeds may effect performance. I suspect due to the higher core count ,it may benefit more than previous cpus ,particularly in multithreaded workloads.

18. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Guest

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    Yes, for pure gaming a TR doesn't make sense, but HEDT is typically about more than just gaming. The difference with the 9900K is that it's priced like a HEDT part but is meant to be a gaming processor - it's rather odd in that sense.

Building a system with one is still sketchy though, as it seems to be out of stock everywhere. I'm guessing the initial stock of this processor is extremely low as it doesn't rank in Amazon's CPU best-seller list at all (9700K is currently #9). This looks very much like a paper launch.

Killian38 and Goiur like this.
  19. vbetts

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Sarcasm will get you nowhere, just keep it down on that. Anything else will result in points given to out.

20. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    @preloaderr : Once more: "Every time you finish your post with some musician 'Hard Fact', you are invalidating anything else you post as facts. Because that musician stuff, is just your opinion."
    And my opinion on that last "Hard Fact" of yours, he is trash. No talent, just sound effects. Texts are unappealing, boring. Music if it can be called that way looks like product of dummy pressing few keys on expensive arpeggiator while drooling.

There are beautiful artistic recordings in every decade as far as recordings go. I would not mind if products of likes Paul Jake were forgotten.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.