Review: Cooler Master Cosmos C700M

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 2, 2018.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    You know, sometimes you build a PC, and then there's that moment you power it on for the very first time. You look at a chassis and get that instant wow moment. Today we review such a chassis as Co...

Review: Cooler Master Cosmos C700M

chispy, StewieTech, Embra and 2 others like this.
  2. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    Wow that is one nice case!...I love the video card positioning choices

[​IMG]

Very nice review Boss!

StewieTech likes this.
  3. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA

easy, two minutes and a screwdriver? BTW you can house HDDs in the lower PSU compartment as well as visible in the upper trays.

Geryboy likes this.
  4. StewieTech

StewieTech Chuck Norris

GPU:
    MSI gtx 960 Gaming
    She´s a beautiful beast! Thanks Hilbert.

airbud7 likes this.

5. FM57

FM57 Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit RTX 2070
    Very nice indeed. Great review HH.

In general, I find it very interesting to read components (on top of graphic cards) and accessories reviews on Guru3D. Would love to read more of them.

6. stefpats

stefpats Member

GPU:
    NvidiaGeForce2080Ti
    Nice review.This is probably my next case,replacing the old mighty Cosmos II i currently have.

7. fr33k

fr33k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4080 VENTUS OC
    i have a cosmos s with a 120mm fan on the side, i don't think i'd replace it for any reason.
    Bring back 120mm side fans! i don't want see through doors, i want better cooling.

8. Embra

Embra Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 6950 XT
    $391 @ newegg. Price is a bit steep, but maybe worth the investment.

9. Robbo9999

Robbo9999 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    The different GPU mounting positions & angles are interesting, and gives a different look, but I don't think a 45 degree angle will help your temps. The GPU is gonna be recycling quite a bit of hot air in that position by the looks of it, given that the GPU fans push the air downwards and out of the sides of the video card. In a classic 'upside-down' GPU mounting the GPU fans will be pushing the air upwards and outwards, which is better for airflow in the case, and less likely to recycle the hot air from the video card. At a 90 degree angle the same problems could occur as the 45 degree angle, except in addition it looks like the GPU fans would be too close to the glass panel to get air into the fans efficiently. A traditional GPU mounting is gonna be better for performance here I reckon.

Case looks ok I suppose, I don't really like it, not the worst looking & not the best.

10. stereoman

stereoman Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit RTX 3080 GPRO
    Non issue if it's watercooled would also look better than a standard blower setup and give a nice perspective on the waterblock, Personally i'd jump on this case if I could afford it but 439 euro is way beyond my comfort zone for a PC case, don't know what's going through people's minds these days when it comes to pricing, worlds gone mad, like every company is following Apples pricing.

Still it's a beautiful case...

11. Robbo9999

Robbo9999 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Yep, non-issue with watercooling. Bloody hell, I hadn't paid any attention to the price - yes that is expensive! I think I paid £69 for my Phanteks P400 case, although done a lot of modifications for better air flow as well as spent quite a bit on Noctua case fans, but that's a big difference still in price to 439 euro, but it's a higher grade case.

12. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Great write up Boss , excellent review ! I like this case very much , might be in my future " to buy list " :) , getting tired of my old corsair 760T ...

13. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 GB GamingOC
    It is a beast of a case but 400 Euros is way too much for a case. Someone might make a case for it but not me. ^^ I remember when a top case was a £100-£120 squid tops.