Review: Asus STRIX Fusion 700 Wireless Headset

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 18, 2019.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Today, we review the fourth product in the Asus ROG Fusion headset lineup. Sharing the exact same chassis and pedigree as its cousins, the Fusion Wireless naturally boasts the lack of wires feature to...

Review: Asus STRIX Fusion 700 Wireless Headset

asder likes this.
  2. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4080 FE
    Bonus no rgb, so head isn't lit like a Xmas tree

3. asder

asder Active Member

GPU:
    KFA2 1080TI
    @Hilbert Hagedoorn I suppose this are the Fusion Wireless not the Fusion 700... the title says both

4. Dribble

Dribble Master Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 1070
    Looking for a high end gaming headset as my old one is dying, and it's proving surprisingly difficult.

This is no good as it doesn't have any form of surround sound, which is a must for gaming/films. The Fusion 700's use a usb cable which apparently comes loose with time, and because it's usb a loose connection causes the whole lot to reset. The Centurion 7.1 has too stiff a cable with too many wires in it and over time they start to break. SteelSeries Arctis Pro doesn't fit larger heads...

5. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx/7900xt
    HH - you knocked this out of the park.
    excellent review and analysis. as i live in the US i would agree with you that these are compelling at this price point.
    but Newegg and Amazon buyers would knock off stars for not understanding the need to go into software for music mode. i'm not one of those guys as i research before i buy. and yeah, i've got way better headsets for each usage scenario.
    but Asus quality at $120.00 will sell

6. FM57

FM57 Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit RTX 2070
    Betron ? I did not know that brand. Looks promising !! On sales now, so just bought BR74.

As usual, Guru3D is the home of all the good stuff.

7. Bansaku

Bansaku Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64
    Nice to see a completely objective review of a gaming headset! Personally, for the list price, I'd rather pick up a pair of Sennheiser HD58X from MassDrop; No muss no fuss and pure Sennheiser sound!