Review: ASUS ROG Strix X470-F Gaming

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, May 10, 2018.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    We review the ROG Strix X470-F Gaming, optimized for Ryzen 2000 / Zen+ on a motherboard with an ATX form factor. Alongside the release of Ryzen 5 2600X and Ryzen 7 2700X processors, AMD prepped the X4...

Review: ASUS ROG Strix X470-F Gaming

chispy likes this.
  2. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Great review , awesome read as always. It is always good to see how the performance of the Ryzen 2700x has improved , even better on this type of x470 motherboards fine tuned for them :). Good VRM cooling , decent integrated sound , Intel NIC ,great m.2 support and Sata 3 , excellent overclocker = Not bad for the price !

Last edited: May 10, 2018
  3. alxtorrentazos

alxtorrentazos Guest

GPU:
    ASUS 2060 OC
    Great review as always HH!! :)
    May I ask you something? I wonder about the memory clearance if you want to put 4 memory sticks and that Wraith Prism cooler. Would you have any problem if you fill the 4 slots? I´m worried about the bank0 (the one next to the cooler). How tall that memory stick can be?
    Thanks so much for any information you can provide me. I could get C
    rucial Ballistix Rgb Tactical Ddr4 16gb 2666Mhz sticks where I live, but I´m kind of afraid about not being able to use them because of the cooler.

4. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    I can actually answer you that in detail, as I have a kit of that memory. There is enough clearance:

IMG_0728.jpg

Embra and Fox2232 like this.

5. alxtorrentazos

alxtorrentazos Guest

GPU:
    ASUS 2060 OC
    GREAT GREAT GREAT!!!!! thank you so much sir...........it say a picture worth 1000 words, never used in a best scenario like this.