Review: Asus ROG Strix Helios Chassis

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jun 27, 2019.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Announced a long time ago, the product has finally hit the market; yes, ROG Strix Helios has been an eye-catcher ever since it was announced. Spacious and fantastic looks can be achieved with it. A ch...

Review: Asus ROG Strix Helios Chassis

Maddness and fantaskarsef like this.
  2. JamesSneed

JamesSneed Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    Pretty decent case. I really don't like see through front panels. Seeing the dust build up would annoy me so I would constantly be cleaning the filter.

3. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    I've lost all interest in Asus's ROG products because of the ridiculous high prices.

Only thing i did get was the Vega 56 cause it was the only one in stock.

Netherwind and jura11 like this.
  4. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xt
    Still looking for a proper replacement for Antec p182..

5. @man_daddio

@man_daddio Member

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti 11Gb
    Beautiful case. Thanks for the review. I'm a big appreciator of glass. I don't think I'll go back to plastic or metal for the outside.

6. ladcrooks

ladcrooks Guest

GPU:
    DECIDING
    i have used my Silverstone Fortress FT03 Tower Case for the last 3 builds, it houses a ryzen 5 2600 with a micro MB. Never going to go ATX again. Can house a full size gpu.

I just love my really thick aluminium quick detachable panels with all the io ports etc facing up, instead of behind the back. Never going to buy another case! :D

As for Asus - never been lucky with their products, i give them a wide berth

7. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    Have to agree with this. Asus ROG products prices are simply "silly" and i´m being kind...

Maddness likes this.
  8. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    youre in luck, virtually every new case has tempered glass. Like cheaper and better and less gaudy looking ones ;o

9. AStaUK

AStaUK Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA 2080Ti
    I do like the styling on this case and will be ordering one for my new build, which will be ROG themed. I know I'll be paying through the nose, but the black case with dark components and a blood red RGB setup appeals to me.

10. Incredible Lama

Incredible Lama Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX970 G1
    Looks great, albeit I am not a fan of the "Gamery" branding, and included fans since people in this segment tend to buy fans of their choosing anyway, so they're stuck with these silly OEM fans which they did pay for.
    No deal-breakers though, till I saw that price tag. Pity...

11. Lebon30

Lebon30 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3070Ti 8GB
    The minute I saw "3.5' / 2.5' : 2" in the specs, I said "no".

12. @man_daddio

@man_daddio Member

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti 11Gb
    Well I was referring to the ones that are glass all the way around. I have no problems with the way they look. I think they look very futuristic and stylish. I also have no problem with using RGB which looks even better in the glass cases.
    The only negative if it's even a negative is the weight. Once you put in a couple hard drives, power supply, RTX 2080 TI, a water cooler, and a decent motherboard you can get a workout just carrying the thing.
    You might be wondering why I'm carrying it. We have a pool outside and I have to watch the kids so I take my computer outside sometimes while I'm watching them. It's heavy and sometimes I worry about dropping it on the concrete. Imagine that mess.

I wouldn't keep a glass computer around kids either.

13. Kaune

Kaune Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Palit 1080
    Some of the photos in this review, especially on page 11 were really sexy, would have liked them to be at least 1080p for some wallpaper action.
    Nonetheless, thank you for all your hard work Chief!!

Last edited: Dec 26, 2019