Review: ASUS ROG Maximus X Formula

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 11, 2018.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Let's check out the stylish and lovely looking ASUS ROG Maximus X Formula, a €419,- costing Z370 motherboard with intricate style for the enthusiast PC DiY crowd. It has distinguishing looks...

Review: ASUS ROG Maximus X Formula

2. Embra

Embra Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 6950 XT
    I agree HH, I really like the way this mobo looks. Great review! :)

3. Ricepudding

Ricepudding Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Bit of a shame this board wasn't out earlier I might have preferred it over the hero... That being said it seems all the boards are running the same and the extra money is used to pay for features rather than performance.

With that being said I don't think the cost of this is truely justified. Like you said HH with no 5G lan it puts a sour taste in your mouth. Most people who game prefer to use lan over WiFi since latency can play a big role.

4. ladcrooks

ladcrooks Guest

GPU:
    DECIDING
    looks nice but to pay nearly £400 for m/board and still get the same warranty, and if we argue over the expectation of a higher OC its not worth it.
    Some will buy as they need all the bells and whistles and some will buy without using them :eek:

5. Lolcibolci

Lolcibolci Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 1080 Strix
    Nice. I have the Maximus X Code, it's almost the same board. So far it performs very well. Love the design

6. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    Very nice board but paying 450€ for an high end mainstream MB that performs just like all the other MBs is just silly...

7. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black

Exactly what I thought as well. I didnt even pay $300 for my X79 Asus when I had it. And it was top tier board. Its getting crazy. I paid $129 for my current X370 board and its bad ass IMHO for the price point.

8. TeX_UK

TeX_UK Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FE
    I hope Asus make an Extreme version because I'm due an upgrade :) .