Review: ASUS ProART B660 Creator D4

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Mar 25, 2022.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    ASUS has released a motherboard in the Intel B660 series priced just right at 229 EUR/USD. We look at the Alder Lake-ready ProART B660 Creator series, which has two 8cm M2 slots (PCIe Gen4) and two 2....

Review: ASUS ProART B660 Creator D4

2. bobblunderton

bobblunderton Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2070 Super 8gb
    The more minimalist design of this board is nice. Not everyone wants gamer-styled RGB this and that, often people like a more formal or more professional design.
    I would like to see more of this.

3. AlmondMan

AlmondMan Maha Guru

GPU:
    7900 XT Reference
    Product showcase page 2: "
    PCI Express 5.0 is nice, but this motherboard will not be compatible with it, the x16 slot closest to the CPU socket supports Gen 5.0. Albeit it's a port that is being used less and lesser due to the rise of the M2 SSD, the motherboard offers four SATA3 ports."

This sentence is really confusing.

Would have loved to see a picture of the board when powered on.

I personally have been thinking about going for a black out build again - replace all the silly RGB stuff I've accumulated with the original dark colors and go back to a "normal" case without a side window and instead maybe opt for a ventilated side panel.
    Also I would love to see a return to the more functional looking designs of the past where we had heatpipes and copper fins visible on the boards. Sure a coat of paint would look cool as well, but these plastic boxes around everything looks boring. The "GAMER" stereotype is also pretty awful at this point.