Review: Asus GeForce RTX 2080 Ti RoG Strix

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 19, 2018.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    For this review we will look into the ASUS GeForce RTX 2080 Ti RoG Strix, now before we dive into the photo shoot a note, we had a merely hours hands-on time with the product, so this is a preliminary review.

Read the full review here.

2. Margalus

Margalus Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Ventus 3060 Ti
    A bit pricey, but up to 50% faster than a 1080ti at 4k is a good thing. I just wonder how ray tracing is going to factor in once it gets implemented in games.

3. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Only this one delivered temperature and noise wise.

Msi fail, stock FE even bigger fail. Loud as a ufff.

Meh, guess I will skip 2080 series all together.. not going to bother with a 1150€ GPU just to play some shitty games atm :p

HonoredShadow likes this.
  4. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    How in the hell does one person do all those reviews on all those cards with all those benches in 3/4 days,fracking near impossible.Great job on the reviews.
    Guess HH is happy no RTX/DLSS on the cards and it's time for bed now.

airbud7 and Hilbert Hagedoorn like this.

5. gydj

gydj Guest

Guess I will buy this when available. So disappointed EVGA FTW3 is 3 slots.

6. Margalus

Margalus Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Ventus 3060 Ti
    You are disappointed that the EVGA card is triple slot, but Asus also being triple slot is fine?

7. jaggerwild

jaggerwild Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070 SUP
    Glad to see Asus put proper fans on this card,I have there 780ti the fan blades broke right off.
    Them numbers look great, just cant get my head around the price. Maybe with time n drivers.

8. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Radeon 5500
    Thank you for the review HH. Looks like the 2080ti is 3 x Faster then my Gtx 980 Damm! Wish I had that kind of money laying around.

jura11 and Hilbert Hagedoorn like this.
  9. Killian38

Killian38 Guest

GPU:
    I'm impressed. The 2080ti is a sweet card. The price is a no buy for me tho. But it is a very nice card. May see what the 2060 offers or wait for AMD's new line up.

10. Pundit

Pundit Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Strix
    The review states the card has 3 Displayport and 1 HDMI, but the screenshots of the rear on pages 1 and 2 clearly show 2 HDMI and 2 Displayport. Are you able to confirm the actual configuration?

11. RieXan

RieXan Guest

GPU:
    X
  12. gydj

gydj Guest

I/O bracket, I was referring to. Should have said it clear. I'm using a vertical GPU mount that only fits 2 slot I/O bracket. The card itself can be as thick as they want.....

13. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    Now that is a GPU with a proper high end cooler. :) If it was about $400 cheaper I'd probably have already ordered it. :p

Killian38 likes this.
  14. aNoN_

aNoN_ Member

Nice review, thanks Hilbert! I just wonder why there aren't any OC results in this article? It was for the Founders Edition and the MSI one.

15. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Mate, buddy, brah! Would be nice if people actually read the stuff I wrote. It's mentioned like everywhere.

16. lanelor

lanelor Guest

GPU:
    GTX1070 Stryx
    Heya! First, thank you, for the review! But to be honest, I don't care anymore about the average FPS. Many reviewer are adding (for quite some time) minimum FPS stats. Taking Rise of the Tomb Raider and Witcher 3 as example, the drops I had with my old R9 280 are something I noticed and cared far more than 70 FPS average. Furthermore, these 70 FPS can become 35-40 in some areas. If you want to have solid 60 FPS, without serious dips, the minimum brings better understanding what the tested card can achieve.

17. Glottiz

Glottiz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 3080 OC
    Nice GPU and nice cooler. I have a STRIX 1080 Ti and very satisfied with the cooler. If I were to upgrade it would be this card, too bad about the price.

18. Laci

Laci Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Asus GeForce RTX 2080 Ti RoG Strix review, Page 27 - Overclocking - "Rain check - we only had a couple of hours with this card - tweaking still needs to be done once it returns to my office. Which hopefully will not take long. We expect a value close to +200 on the core case clock with your boost hitting the 2 GHz range. This will be updated once the card is back in da house." ;)

I like the performance increase, but the price tag is a little bit too high even for an IT engineer in Germany :p

19. GREGIX

GREGIX Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3d 4090 X3
    Great piece of hardware but...price kills it. I really wonna see something like zen but here, in GPU area, done by AMD. This prices are ridiculous.

20. Mr_Alexander

Mr_Alexander Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GYGABYTE 3080ti
    Wanted to ask same question. Can someone confirm how many HDMI inputs it has. I really want the card with either 2 HDMI or or 1 HDMI and one DVI output. Judging by the picture this is the only one that has 2 HDMI unless it is picture of something else.
    Thanks in advance.