Review: ASRock X99 OC Formula

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 14, 2014.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Join us as we review the ASRock X99 OC Formula motherboard, a flagship X99 motherboard from ASrock with niceÂ* features. The OC Forumula comes with not one but two M.2. slots, wide tweaking options an...

Review: ASRock X99 OC Formula

2. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    Thanks for the review Hilbert!
    Well I'm no big fan of the colors either, but I have to admit I was fairly happy to see you mention the fan connectors. The only thing that would really make me happy is to see if they are 4pin connectors (CPU and chassis fans), and if they are true 4pin PWM headers (not 4pin DC), but I guess checking out the manuals on the boards does the job too ;)

3. HugoChang

HugoChang New Member

GPU:
    32G
    God, the dual M2 slot is so amazing that I assume they could be Raid 0 together and the reading speed could be reach to 1.4G/s! But... It's just deny in the passage...
    To sum up I really love the dual USB 3.0 slot r so close to each other and locate in the middle of the board. For the reason that I got 4 heading USB 3.0 ports in my case and nearly none of board concern of my situation but just got single slot or apart for a long distance.

4. Rexob

Rexob Active Member

GPU:
    nVidia GTX 870m 3gb
    Should nickname this - the Batman Board lol...I'm not really a fan of brightly colored mobos in general though regardless of color.

5. Serial T.

Serial T. Member

GPU:
    Palit Jetstream GTX 780Ti
    I've never used ASRock products, if this board came in red I'd seriously consider it.

I was thinking of grabbing a Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 for my 5960X. I'm still waiting to see if ASUS is going to release a Sabertooth X99.

6. Adamora

Adamora Member

GPU:
    Evga GTX 980 Ti
    I have a feeling that a CAT logo is not out of place here.

7. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Haha .. good one :)

8. MrGreg62

MrGreg62 Member

GPU:
    Asus DirectCUII 7970
    First page of the review third paragraph you refer to the board as an MSI board. Board looks good to me.