Review: ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming-ITX/ax

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 3, 2020.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Priced at just over 200 bucks, meet one of the smaller B550 Chipset based motherboards we review, the Mini-ITX based B550 Phantom Gaming-ITX/ax review, at 17x17cm AROCK loaded this B550 motherboard wi...

Review: ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming-ITX/ax

DeskStar likes this.
  2. DeskStar

DeskStar Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 3080Ti/3090FTW
    Pretty solid little board. I might be looking at an extra small build here in a bit when the new 3000 series from Nvidia do drop.

I'm stoked at how small the PCB is and how it will look with a proper waterblock on it. So small hopefully I can smash one inside a m-atx/itx build with some radiator action to pair with it.

3. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    Very nice review, very nice board... too bad that there is no APU to put on it yet.
    Because of that and that most of the GPU board are 2 or 3 slot, so this board will fight with mATX board that are less expensive for the same thing.

I hope that B550 will have soon an APU solution to exploit this card in a real small chassis (it would be really kick ass)

4. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    or external pump/rad/reservoir there is silent all in one one kit that are really efficient with nice design

DeskStar likes this.

5. Kool64

Kool64 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070
    That board looks funny next to the radiator. Not a bad price either for such a tiny board.

6. Danny T

Danny T Guest

GPU:
    Cool little board but I don't think it holds a candle at that price without more audio connectors(optical) and bios flash/reset button on the back.
    You can do better Asrock, I really wanted your b450's replacement.

7. svan71

svan71 Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    Personally I think there should be a disclaimer on Asrock board reviews, they do not offer warranties like other companies. ASRock provides 1 year warranty service to Authorized Distributors, users should refer to the retailer or original vender RMA & Refund policy. That should influence any buyers decision. To me the cheaper price simply is not worth it.

8. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    It's the classic legal warranty... On other hand my experience with Asus and MSI with RMA are the same, both have legal 1 year (longer warranty are extra) and special price for Asus where the cost to send your product is at owner's charge for RMA after the 1 year.