Review: Arctic A35/I35 A-RGB air coolers

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 23, 2022.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Arctic (a german manufacturer) these days is mainly recognizable from their Liquid Freezer II, which we reviewed as a 280 non-RGB version, 240 ARGB, and 360 ARGB. Still, today, we are examining two ai...

Review: Arctic A35/I35 A-RGB air coolers

2. vestibule

vestibule Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX6600XT
    good review

Last edited: Nov 23, 2022
  3. fry178

fry178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 2080S WB
    never seen arctic NOT shipping users a mounting set, when switching platforms/missing parts etc., so not having both platforms covered makes it cheaper for them, and usually lighter/smaller for packing/shipping...

Last edited: Nov 24, 2022
  4. vestibule

vestibule Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX6600XT
    Hmm, what always interests me is diminishing returns on coolers.
    kind of a pedal to the metal thing on how much you actually need to achieve the objective and that will be minus thermal throttling,
    Kapish?

5. Captain_Hook

Captain_Hook Member Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 1080 Ti AIO
    When the cooler is aimed at the AMD, how do you plan to install it on Intel? And the other way around? That was the point here in the summary. Other brands don't look for such savings (in cents? like a couple of them?)

6. fry178

fry178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 2080S WB
    i build about 50 rigs in the past 15y for me/family, the only one that "switched", was me, running a 3770K in between amds,
    so no, not relevant on global scale for masses, as 99% of ppl will not have one cpu, and switch brands right after buying a cooler,
    especially when looking at global scale, just the additional weight that has to be shipped around the planet, will consume more resources.

and even if a different mount is needed, contacting support for a different mount is usually all it takes,
    and i usually got them for "free"/cost of S(H), when i lost parts after a move or selling the cooler to someone else.