Review: AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 4650G (Renoir) APU

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 13, 2020.

1. GREGIX

GREGIX Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3d 4090 X3
    Here is my Aida scores. https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/attachments/cachemem2200-png.165303/
    And it was used. Better low fps, better overall performance. Weird but it worked that way.

And, the thing is, when I set 8086/8700k oced to 4.8Ghz or 5, with 3200mhz ddr4, 14 14 14 31, on default xmp settings, no tweaks, memory latency is ~54 ns as I remember. So...

2. MBTP

MBTP Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX590
    NICE ARTICLE! Thank you very much sir!
    Great variety of test showing some strenghs from this little one, want to see the 4700G/4750GE results as well!

3. kakiharaFRS

kakiharaFRS Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 3090
    if the rdna2 is as good as this igpu vs intel one :eek: triple the perfs, about time someone upgrades this aspect hope to see them in NAS boxes

4. Borys

Borys Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Gaming X
    4533Mhz on a APU?!?!?!
    Man... AMD really not joking at the market... next Ryzen 4XXX will cause a earthquake on the PC CPU market... we will finally get AMD on TOP GAMER CPU???

Valken likes this.

5. user1

user1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Mi25/IGP
    yes back when intel first did their edram for iris pro graphics, they added it as a l4 cache, newer chips (skylake +) do not do this however, and use it exclusively for graphics.

there are some benchmarks where this helps , but not many,

6. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    I am excited for the NEXT Ryzen CPU with proper L1-L3/L4 cache with that 4533 1:1 DRAM speed! Or is that a MB feature from Asus only?

7. Depends on the motherboard / CPU / BIOS ver. ATM you can grab some boards that offer it if you're ZEN2 at least far as I know... another requirement I'd guess is the proper SKU of RAM kit.

8. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    I just found out I can buy the 4650G for 230 ish or 4750G for 345 ish USD over here!

That is only 25 USD more over the 3700x!

And I am getting to the point where I either buy a new PC or upgrade my CPU/MB/RAM .... I want really want to goto an 8 core system but neutering the L3 from 16 MB to 4MB...

I am an ARMA and old school game player so yes, CPU+RAM efficiency really matters to me for especially MIN FPS which the Ryzen cpus seems to be doing better than Intel CPUs with the same RAM and near identical MB.

Wait for Zen 3/Ryzen 4 in a couple of months or ... Decisions...

Edit... gonna curb my enthusiasm as I just read Tom's HW review with a 2080 RTX. Seems this CPU kills it with built in GPU, but better off looking at CPUs without iGPU and spending the difference on a dGPU instead.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2020