Review: AMD Ryzen 5 7600X processor

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 27, 2022.

1. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    I hope that is not the case. Gimping memory reads affects performance, because they are much more important than writes.

Fediuld likes this.
  2. user1

user1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Mi25/IGP
    given that amd's own slides mention that writes are 16bits/cycle and reads are 32bits/cycle, I'm leaning towards the results being an aida bug, Kinda wish hilbert included some other memory based synthetic benchmarks, would be easier to see whether its a software problem or an amd problem.

Horus-Anhur likes this.
  3. Tsenng

Tsenng Active Member

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3080 AMP
    Ah well 7600X not the greatest but good enough i guess.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2022
  4. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    clc now required to get the advertised performance of a 350eur 6/12 cpu.
    welcome to 2022.
    40-45 degrees in idle on a 360mm clc/open test bench
    good grief

5. GamerNerves

GamerNerves Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT Nitro+
    i5-13600K seems well priced against this with readily available cheaper motherboards, and even if it might seem slower in games due to much lower clock speed, the cache improvements are the key for success. It may be essentially a little more consuming chip, but it is likely the more appealing option for any use case, at least till any affordable B650 boards arrive, but I really don't believe that even those are going to be that cheap at first - AM5 platform's prices are not going to drop that quickly. The thing that likely pushes people to the AMD side is their longer generational compatibility, but their move with the cooler support is somewhat bad because Hardware Unboxed stated that any cooler with it's own backplate cannot be installed anymore. I don't know if the forementioned is entirely true, but unfortunately, many coolers have their own backplate. Of course compatibility kits can be shared/sold to customers, nothing prevents that I suppose.

I'm actually quite excited for i5-13600K and the lesser i5 variants, since R5 7600X's platform cost is so ridiculously high right now. Even if Zen 4 is very impressive for it's maximum clock speed, the increased power consumption eats away some of it's impressiveness on the desktop side.
    The setting between the rivals is much the same on which has the more appealing CPU in which price category compared to the last gen, but now AMD has the longterm support advantage, but costly platform. Certainly tough to choose what to buy over the span of what's left of this year. My advice is not to count too much on the generational support of AM5, since AMD's statement about this has been vague, but instead if you can find a B660 or Z690 board for cheap, then Rocket Lake really makes sense, especially if it's a DDR5 board, though it is market dependent how appealing DDR5's price is right now.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2022
  6. bballfreak6

bballfreak6 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080
    I have to agree with @cucaulay malkin here; I think the product is good and am not even that mad at the price of the CPU but the added cost of the motherboard/ram/cooling required makes it a bit much. I paid less money for my ASUS X570-E Gaming board at launch than ASUS' entry level X670 board like WTH.

Valken and cucaulay malkin like this.
  7. cucaulay malkin

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    R5000 didnt hurt this much cause the initial costs of am4 were good for x470/b550/b450 and ddr4 and r5000 was really the fastest at the time for gaming. now it's beaten by 5800x3d and 12th gen.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2022
    bballfreak6 likes this.
  8. bballfreak6

bballfreak6 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080
    Like the cost of motherboards are legit insane; X670-E Gaming is literally double the price I paid for my X570-E Gaming at launch.

I am more and more certain now my CPU upgrade will be to a 5900X from the 3700X; don't need cutting edge and the 5900X will be ample for my level of gaming and photo editing for the next few years I think.

Valken and cucaulay malkin like this.
  9. cucaulay malkin

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    non-e 670s start at 350eur here, same as 7600x
    just insane

bballfreak6 likes this.
  10. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    B650 should supposed to start at 125$.

Why_Me likes this.

11. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7800XT
    Honestly , if anyone has decent AM4 board , or has good 11-12 gen intel, there is absolutely no reason to upgrade for another generation or two. (for gaming that is). Just sit and wait.

Mannerheim and cucaulay malkin like this.
  12. cucaulay malkin

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    if 670 is 350e b650 will be 200-250e,realistically.

Undying likes this.
  13. vestibule

vestibule Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX6600XT
    Spoiler alert: I have looked and learned about the new CPU. But at 750 for cpu, mobo and ram I'm out.
    Desirable tech, but my budget for new kit of that level is 450.
    I have made the decision to just upgrade my 3600 for the 5600x that will just upgrade my rig enough to keep me out of any stutter (imo) zones in games over the next 2 years.

H83 and Valken like this.
  14. Why_Me

Why_Me Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI OC 8800GT 512
    Undying likes this.
  15. Serega_Mih

Serega_Mih Member

GPU:
    GainwardGTX1660S
    We move onwards to AMD's Ryzen 5 5700X, it has just six cores and twelve threads available. The CPU will be analyzed, tested, and benchmarked. Given its excellent performance combined with a completely new architecture that supports PCIe Gen 5, DDR5, and a processor that easily exceeds 5.5 GHz, it might become AMD's sweet spot processor.

https://www.guru3d.com/articles-summary/amd-ryzen-5-7600x-review.html

I think we are talking about the 7600X here.;)