Guru3D Content Review: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X - Ryzen 9 5900X and 5950X processors

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 5, 2020.

1. erouz

erouz Member

GPU:
    1070ti
    Hi
    Think there is mistake on first page
    • Ryzen 5 5600X (6c/12t) priced at 5299 USD

Undying likes this.
  2. tty8k

tty8k Master Guru

GPU:
    Ati 5850
  3. ruthan

ruthan Master Guru

GPU:
    G1070 MSI Gaming
    TDP is joke, its new Intel way, NvidiaGPU way (but they at least tried to use bigger heatsinks, make cards 2,5 slots and add better fans and airflows) and its wrong way. There is thing named physics and there is not big progress in cooling, so there would be more noise.

There are finally better for gaming than Intel, but performance gain is very small, smaller that i would expect for such brute force in synteting benchmarks, maybe because games still much more compiled and optimalized for intels and its not gonna change in few years, maybe in next 5, maybe..

Witcher29 likes this.
  4. wavetrex

wavetrex Maha Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1080 AMP!
    https://www.igorslab.de/en/amd-ryze...-wird-intels-10-generation-jetzt-obsolet-2/7/

I will certainly not run my future 5900X with just 3200... especially considering that I already have much faster ram ( 3600 CL 16, but does 4400 easy )

HandR likes this.

5. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS R9 290
    Scalpers be like "wait you mean to tell me that's how high I could have been upcharging!?"

ZXRaziel likes this.
  6. wavetrex

wavetrex Maha Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1080 AMP!
    Bulls**t in stock.
    They have no stock, dumb people would buy it then.... wait. Some will retract their orders. Others will lose their money and dispute with Amazon.

When will people learn to not give in to scalpers?

7. Borys

Borys Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Gaming X
    So... lets give our congratulations to the NEW KING GAMING CPU! AMD... where the games begins!
    Like my others brothers said... bye bye Intel... years of obsolete, expensive and toasted 14nm CPUs... see you when God wants....
    The next is Nvidia... the AIB RX 6800XT will smash the 3080 with 16GB more cheap!
    The revolution begans! To all blueside fanboys my feelings!

Valken likes this.
  8. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 6800
    ALl ryzens beat intel at flight simulator , check other reviews. (the ones with 3600+ memmory).

9. ViperAnaf

ViperAnaf Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3080 OC
    I knew they lied about their gaming performance - predictable.... nice multi threading if you need it for work with certain programs....

10. IchimA

IchimA Maha Guru

GPU:
    G1 1070
    itching to sell the 3800x and buy a 5800x but I know I will not benefit from it . so I'll just lurk the shops till second generation of DDR 5 and AM5+ hit's the streets ! Happy with what I have :D
    Thanks for the review HH, I really did not expect AMD to give this kind of wiping

11. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    No lying involved. The reviews do not lie. They just reflect the results of those particular setups. Go with two single rank sticks and clock them to at least 3600 or go with four single rank sticks at 3200. AMD accomplished a lot. My fear is that SAM may require all four dimms populated, if single ranked is used, to gain full benefit from it. Dual rank may accomplish the same results with only two dimms. Time will tell.

Undying likes this.
  12. waltc3

waltc3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 50th Ann 5700XT
    I found both reviews very good, HH! AMD is surely on a roll here. My take is that Zen 4 will be AM5 & DDR5, so I thought it was interesting to hear you opine about one more extension to AM4/DDR 4 with Zen 4. I will likely stick with my 3900X for awhile--hoping to be able to score an RX-6800XT in a couple of weeks! I'm set up for 4k gaming and so I think the GPU will be the major factor. I also agree that the 8-core 5800X is the sweet spot for Zen 3 if your primary occupation is gaming, with spotty production work here and there. The 5600X will be the best bang for the buck for 1080P gaming. But the 5900X and up cannot be beaten in the desktop production fields. I'm also running a 3733MHz multiplier for my ram, which works fine with Zen 2 at 1:1 IF of 1867MHz. I would think Z3 would be no different in my x570 mboard.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2020
  13. Lily GFX

Lily GFX Member Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3090 Xtreme
    @TheDeeGee
    I think Linus messed up the 5900X result, but I might be wrong.
    Thou every other test I seen so far 5900X been closer to 5950X and
    sometimes even passing it at least when it comes to games.
    There is also option to use only one CCD on the 5950X and 5900X.
    All core OC for seems to be around 4.7 for the 5900X,
    while an all core OC seems to be around 4.6 for the 5950X.
    But the power consumption goes very high then, with little gain
    on only some apps and some games.
    Still I rather see Hilbert do the same test, maybe with result
    from using only one CCD on the 5950X and 5900X. :)

14. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2060
    [​IMG]

Lily GFX likes this.
  15. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Duke GTX1080Ti
    So i´ve just read the 5600x review and i´m impressed! That thing is fast in every scenario and doesn´t need too much power. If it could clock a little higher, it would be perfect. Suddenly i´m starting to feel tempted but i must resist for now...

Anyway, the most important fact is that we have a new king like others have already said, so eveybody, hail the new king!!!

Great review as always, Hilbert. Can´t wait to see the 5800x in action.

Lily GFX likes this.

16. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Are you blind? Legitimate question.

Solfaur likes this.
  17. GhostXL

GhostXL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Merc 319 6800 XT
    This is awesome news, would be great to actually be able to purchase a 5900X. Scalpers got them again, and they are all over ebay.....

This is getting really bad.....

18. vidra

vidra Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX1060 6GB
    Wow, it's been a while since I was last so impressed by a CPU. Retail prices are ridiculously high at the moment (£400 on Amazon.co.uk), but I reckon once the frenzy dies down, they should settle down to a more acceptable level. I'm seriously considering finally pulling the trigger on this one or the 5800X somewhere next year. It's a pity I live in a cesspool of a country where updating my CPU/Mobo/Ram to a mid-range setup would set me back by about 2-months' salary.

Lily GFX likes this.
  19. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Where?

20. Rick_2077

Rick_2077 New Member

GPU:
    1660 TI
    What happened at Cs Go? LOL

chainy likes this.