Guru3D Content Review: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X - Ryzen 9 5900X and 5950X processors

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 5, 2020.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Thanks, price updated. So basically you like to see CPU utilization in Ultra HD? Realistically that's a hard measurement as any GPU limited game will not fully utilize CPU load. But let me brainstorm a little on that idea.

Lily GFX, ZXRaziel and BReal85 like this.
  2. BReal85

BReal85 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapph RX 570 4G ITX
    There are other reviews that have 3200 MHz RAM in the test bench yet get better results with the Zen3 against Intel. Like Gamers Nexus.

Ehehe. I pity you. Really. Such an effortless try.

I would say that they have games in the test basket that may favor Intel, but it's not even true, as every other Shadow of the Tomb Raider benchmark I checked saw the AMD beating Intel, but at TPU, it loses to it.

m4dn355 likes this.
  3. wavetrex

wavetrex Maha Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1080 AMP!
    https://twitter.com/harukaze5719/status/1324401559371882496

"IF 2000MHz was real!!! And even 2100MHz!!!!"

Of course these are overclocks, but the fact itself that it works with DDR4-4000 to 4200 with 1:1 ratio makes reviews that use just 3200 rather... lame.
    Why even bother to use 3200 instead of JEDEC 2133 if not using the full potential of the CPU?

Review at DDR4-4000 or bust !

Valken likes this.
  4. Witcher29

Witcher29 Maha Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    No he is right thats technology for u. Its a never ending cycle.
    And thats still on socket 1200, so many socket 1200 users just change there cpu and intel is on the lead again. Competition is good i just hope for amd they can keep up after that.

Also something else the higher the ddr4 speed the more unstable a system gets just saying.

5. ZXRaziel

ZXRaziel Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia
    Yes its great , it matches intel in gaming and humiliate them everywhere else whats not to like ?

BReal85 likes this.
  6. BReal85

BReal85 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapph RX 570 4G ITX
    And AMD users can stay on the same mobo over 3 generation of CPUs. When did Intel allow it last time? Or any time. As far as I remember, team blue even had 1 motherboard for 1 generation only not so long ago.
    After what? AMD has the plans for the next, maybe the next 2 Zen. Zen 3 brought exactly the same performance AMD claimed on their graphs.
    Intel should be on smaller node since a year or so, yet they won't be for at least 1 more generation, meaning at least 2022. And let me take Intel's claims of their IPC gain without node change with a grain of salt after they lied over and over again in the last months or 1-2 year.

ZXRaziel likes this.
  7. Vtech

Vtech Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080
    Now I want one without really need it

Lily GFX and ZXRaziel like this.
  8. MonstroMart

MonstroMart Master Guru

GPU:
    GB 5700 XT GOC 8G
    He is not 100% wrong though. The problem i had with his post was the wording more than anything else. It's true that overall Ryzen does beat Intel but only by a few frames in gaming. This said the biggest wins are on the Ryzen side i mean CSG results are like wtf ... the few wins by Intel are very marginal while some of the wins by Ryzen are big. But overall it tends to be very close ... in gaming. Cause anything else is like a train wreck for Intel.

I doubt Intel's performance improvement claims though. Rocket lake will be 14+++++++++++++++++++. Intel says they are "porting" 10nm Ice Lake to 14nm Rocket Lake which to me doesn't make much sense. I believe they will retake their gaming crown but overall it will be a small lead while still trailing far behind in productivity. Also while Intel plans to release rocket lake in march or close to it they probably wont be readily available until may so if AMD can bring supply for December it's a major win for them.

9. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS R9 290
    The inverse was also true for many years - AMD was marginally slower. The fact of the matter is, you're not going to see a difference whether you've got a 3800X, a 5950X, or a 9900K.

HandR, m4dn355, tty8k and 3 others like this.
  10. pegasus1

pegasus1 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti@2.05Ghz
    5900x coming my way, that single core performance will help out big time in DCS Flight Sim.

Undying, Lily GFX and BReal85 like this.

11. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 6800
    ANYONE has review with overclocked memmory ? at least 3800 or 4000mhz with infinity fab 1:1 . I think this is game changer.

12. ZXRaziel

ZXRaziel Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia
    This is so sad , I can feel the pain .... but don't worry your favourite company will recover in few months , the roles had changed , that's all .

13. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 390
    There's a store near you marketing Rocket Lake already? You should be careful before handing over your money. But of course it's your money.

ZXRaziel and BReal85 like this.
  14. Silva

Silva Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX560 4G
    @Hilbert Hagedoorn you probably already know but, first page of the review there's this: "Ryzen 5 5600X (6c/12t) priced at 5299 USD" A little pricey, don't you agree?

15. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6900xt / RTX3090
    Just woow , mind boggling performance. hwbot front page and reviews it looks like a slaughter house , what a bloodbath lol .Finally amd has taken the performance crown from Intel :D ! Great review. R.I.P 11/05/2020 Intel cpus :D , Long live the new king !!!

Last edited: Nov 5, 2020
    Lily GFX and Embra like this.

16. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 6800
    Please if anyone find memmory overclocked reviews/test post here please :)

17. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT / GTX1070
    Intel dethroned. Next up, nvidia.

The little guy punches way over their weight. Great year for AMD.

chispy likes this.
  18. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1070
    Linus showed it in his review, it didn't drop below 60 FPS on Ultra @ 1080p.

Actually the 5900X may had done a 59 FPS, while the 5800X and 5600X had 61 FPS or higher.

Some games don't like high core count.

19. ZXRaziel

ZXRaziel Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia
    Now let the price war begin , your turn Intel .

chispy likes this.
  20. tty8k

tty8k Master Guru

GPU:
    Ati 5850
    There isn't a lot difference in gaming between 3200 and 4000 memory.
    Check igorslab website for tests with different ram.