Guru3D Content Review: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X - Ryzen 9 5900X and 5950X processors

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 5, 2020.

1. AuerX

AuerX Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX3080
    AMD beating previous AMD, with mandatory price hikes.

CPU market will be pretty lopsided for quite a long while.

yawn

2. vestibule

vestibule Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1070 Zotac mini
    Good review. Great cpu and all that but its the 5600 and X I am interested in. So. keep 'em coming. :)

Lily GFX and BReal85 like this.
  3. suty455

suty455 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 3090
    Stability? Lol never has such nonsense been written, I can almost understand it with Video cards (own both NV and AMD and both have issues tbh) but CPUs?
    Intel have bribed and paid there way into many software houses to ensure code is written with Intel optimisation (in my opinion) yet AMD set out 3 Years ago when Intel scoffed at multi core ("glued together") chips to beat intel who lets face it were asking for a fortune for rubbish CPUs and a new Mobo each couple of years, here we are 3 Years later and they have done it, trouble is all your doing is looking at FPS lets also look at the productivity of the Chip frankly Intel right now are not even on the same playing field, what AMD has done is remarkable the one thing missing from this review was platform power consumption, I for one cant wait for them to bring out the EPYC and TR versions

Last edited: Nov 5, 2020
    BReal85 likes this.
  4. BReal85

BReal85 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapph RX 570 4G ITX
    We are not speaking of Intel hate (I have an i5-4570), you just have a blindfold on you. Just take it off.

5. SamuelL421

SamuelL421 Member Guru

GPU:
    1080ti / 11gb
    :eek: Sweet mother of god, those numbers! Zen 3 threadripper is going to be otherworldly!

Very nice, I'm wondering about undervolt scenarios too. I have a clevo with a 3950x @0.9v, 3.95ghz and that 5950 or 5900 will be quite the upgrade if they undervolt similarly.

anub1s18 and BReal85 like this.
  6. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1070 8GB
    What's Hilberts magic that he beats the 10900K and TPU doesn't even beat the 10700K ?

7. asturur

asturur Maha Guru

GPU:
    Geforce Gtx 1080TI
    AMD is in the drawing room last 3 years, that is why they got faster and better.

8. Francesco

Francesco Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 4870
    Judging by reviews around and comparing them to TPU one it looks like INTEL $$ landed there before new Ryzens did.

sykozis and ZXRaziel like this.
  9. asturur

asturur Maha Guru

GPU:
    Geforce Gtx 1080TI
    They are further ahead imho.
    If you can integrate 32mb of cache easily is because you are at 7nm, and 7nm isn't supposed to give you speed, but power efficiency.
    So in my opinion i see a great use of the 7nm process here, taking advantage of what it can do.

Of course, if intel 7nm will be at 6Ghz stock, for example, well it means that AMD wasn't able to use it properly, but i m not sure that is the case.

devastator likes this.
  10. xIcarus

xIcarus Master Guru

GPU:
    1080 Ti AORUS
    Paper launch my anus, they've got them in stock where I live. I've been avoiding looking in the general direction of my wallet since then.

Yeah Zen 1 was a rough diamond for sure, there was the whole RAM support issue and I don't know if other mainboard manufacturers got it better, but I've had pretty weird issues with mine (some Gigabyte X370 one).

Whether an upgrade was worth it depended on what CPU you were coming from and whether you were getting one before or after Intel's 8th gen launch. There was a window where your choices were either a 4c Intel part or an 8c AMD part. During that window buying a 4c part felt like a ripoff, hence I opted for a 1700X. It's had a good run but I doubt it'll survive the next week, my fingers are itching for an upgrade.

I definitely wouldn't upgrade the 3900X if I were you though, it doesn't seem to be worth it. Also AM5 will probably come with a new level of goodies, I wouldn't hesitate to wait for sure ;)

Solfaur likes this.

11. Roboionator

Roboionator Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080TI
    I m so happy with 5950X just XPM and go alone to 5050mhz some core. ;)

HandR, Valken and Lily GFX like this.
  12. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1070 8GB
    Yeah, seems TPU was paid by Intel.

Every other online review i see has the new AMDs beat Intel everywhere.

13. Ricepudding

Ricepudding Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090FE
    And scalpers are already online with them with a nice mark up.... and some have sold already... stop giving these people your money and they will go away

14. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Dual OC
    Would love to have seen MSFS 2020 benched as that is likely the most CPU demanding game out there. But otherwise nice review. :)

15. Picolete

Picolete Master Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 Sapphire Tri-x

I havent seen their reviews, but i heard it all depends on the games tested, for example RDR2 runs better on Intel

16. BReal85

BReal85 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapph RX 570 4G ITX
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. GB_Hans

GB_Hans New Member

GPU:
    RTX 2080
    Nice review, Hilbert. Would be interesting to see a % CPU usage comparison across of few cpus with same core/thread with all running the same high res/4K game (just wondering if these new cpu's have to work less when producing similar gpu-bottlenecked framerates, or is the difference so small it's insignificant?)

Also, the msrp price listed on page 1 should be corrected (currently says $549, but should be $299 for the 5600X shown as on page 2?)

ZXRaziel likes this.
  18. BReal85

BReal85 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapph RX 570 4G ITX
    Here you go: from Linus video

[​IMG]

Makste, Lily GFX and alanm like this.
  19. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    The take away from TPU and here is the setup. Read the review setup at TPU. Mobo is different, ram is slower. Takeaway is that one will need faster ram this time around. 3600 is the starting point now and not 3200.

HandR likes this.
  20. Maddness

Maddness Maha Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    Very nice performance AMD. I can finally retire my 6900k.