Guru3D Content Review: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X - Ryzen 9 5900X and 5950X processors

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 5, 2020.

1. Lily GFX

Lily GFX Active Member

GPU:
    AORUS 3090 Master
    Yes :) Maybe I really do not know. I got Cloudflare message that it was unable to
    connect to their server, that is why I think their server broke down.
    After when I tried I had same issue with any 5xx0X not showing at all and I was using
    MS Edge. But I when changed to Google Chrome, it showed up like normal again even
    in their search tab. Ccleaner might have solved it too, but I was in a hurry so did not test it.

2. barbacot

barbacot Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus 3080 Strix OC
    Here only 5950X is in stock and the one cpu per customer limit was removed and still there are 10+ on stock with 2 hours delivery...seems that they found out that there will be stock resupply for all stores and they try to get rid of them fast at an inflated price (880 euro)

3. BLEH!

BLEH! Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury
  4. wavetrex

wavetrex Maha Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1080 AMP!
    [​IMG]

No stock in NL anywhere.

( Wasn't planning to buy right now, but it's fun to watch the drama... :p )

5. Witcher29

Witcher29 Maha Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    so similar as 10900k and 10700k on gaming good to know :)

Singleton99 likes this.
  6. V3RT3X79

V3RT3X79 Member

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3
    out of stock everywhere around the world for the 5900x & 5950x , so dont expect to have one this year. maybe in 10 years. btw in fine with my 3900x right now it does the job.

7. devastator

devastator Member Guru

GPU:
    sapphire rx6800
    Intel has fallen, AMD has ryzen :)

8. devastator

devastator Member Guru

GPU:
    sapphire rx6800
    thought being on 7nm the cpus would be further ahead compared to 14nm

9. Witcher29

Witcher29 Maha Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    Intel has not fallen, know your facts, when they come with 11900k amd is in there drawing room again.
    Right now they have similar performance.

barbacot, Singleton99 and -Tj- like this.
  10. BReal85

BReal85 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapph RX 570 4G ITX
    From Linus' review:

"Even the Ryzen 5600X, a CPU that costs $300 beat every single one of Intel CPUs more often than it lost, and where it did lose, it was within a few percentage points. These are all games that are traditionally CPU bound."

Funny guy you are. Check gaming results. And I'm not speaking of workloads and productivity numbers. Check gaming numbers at the Linus video: even the 5600X is dominating the 10900K.
    And Intel is probably losing 2 cores for the next gen, and let me take their IPC gains with a grain of salt.

11. mackintosh

mackintosh Master Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 2080Ti
    In gaming, maybe, but as of this moment, AMD has the better overall CPUs, hands down. So yeah, Intel has fallen in the sense that it is no longer the go-to platform. Who in their right mind would buy an Intel chip today? There's simply no reason to. As for what the future holds, well, we live in the here and now.

ZXRaziel likes this.
  12. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1070 GamingX
    Amazing. Comparing some 3950x vs 5950x benchmarks looks impressive. AMD made a huge internal leap in performance. This is going to have a big impact in the daw world. Can't wait to see more home-recording studio-centric benchmarks. The last time I checked, the main recommendation I got from it was to go with 3600 DDR4 ram to maximise performance of Ryzen2, however, low cas 3200 ram was also an excellent match for stable low-latency asio performance running loads of effects.

ZXRaziel and BReal85 like this.
  13. Meathead01

Meathead01 Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 2080
    Wow calm down, he did not mean to trigger you. We know you love Blue, it's ok. For the now, AMD is on Top which means Intel has to do something to beat them to be called "The Gaming CPU" and I can't wait for a future tech from both companies.

This is a good thing for everyone, cheaper prices and better products is a win for consumers. Unless you still want to be paying $1200 for a 4 core machine. It would of been that way if AMD did not step in. ;) So be happy not sad. :D

14. Witcher29

Witcher29 Maha Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    So many intel hate here, calm down guys they have similar performance now, i still prefer intel over amd mainly for stability reasons, and game compatible support.
    If amd can change this in the future my next system might be an amd one minus the gpu.

15. chainy

chainy Active Member

GPU:
    970gtx
    Nice review! Good to see amd competing on 1080p gaming now!
    But what be really nice is to see some more mp games and their fps compared to intel.
    As competitive gaming involves 240hz monitors and high clocks on 1080p, some more games like:
    BF1
    COD:MW
    CTF
    would be great to see if amd is a option there as well now :)

16. suty455

suty455 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 3090
    Yes but look at the power use

17. cyberfredxxx

cyberfredxxx Member Guru

GPU:
    WF 780 GTX
    I agree with you but I have Intel configuration i9 9900k and AMD config Ryzen 7 3800XT , and I guarantee I ve no problem of stability or game compatible support with my AMD configuration.
    worse , I ve some weird stuttering sometimes in Wreckfest with my 9900k (very strange I know) and I dont have any stuttering with my 3800Xt.
    (I dont know why that happen with my intel config)

ZXRaziel likes this.
  18. moo100times

moo100times Master Guru

GPU:
    295x2 @ stock
    Great showing by AMD. Zen 3 kicking ass.

Interested to see what "rage mode" will bring to the table with these cpus and AMD gpu.

19. Witcher29

Witcher29 Maha Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    Did u oc-ed it ? might work on some things but can get worse on other stuff xD

20. anub1s18

anub1s18 Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX2070S /WC
    oe nice.

especially the oc speed though at 1.35v... hope CTR gets support for it soon so i can see what they are generally capable of clockspeed to voltage wise

i currently have a 3900x, it's fine but due to it's lower multi threaded speed it's not exactly the single threaded powerhouse i kinda hoped it would be (not a typo since a game + firefox = multithreaded so even a single threaded game tends to run close to multithreaded speeds) coming off a 4670k at only 4.3ghz all core which zen2 at 4ghz beats, but...not by as much as i hoped for the time gap. might wait till the prices slip down just a bit or a 5900XT comes along if it lives up to the hype.

currently have my 3900X undervolted through CTR to 1.125v which still allows it to do 4050-4075mhz(silver sample but it's kinda janky, i can get up to 4250 with 1.25v but it's not stable), it's kinda crippled the extremely rare scenario's where the cpu tapped 4.6ghz for a nanosecond but it also doesn't spend most of it's time between 1.5v and 1.3v when watching a video on youtube, and my cinebench is now consistent. i had it slightly faster with a undervolt + PBO (7300+ cinebench) but if i played a game for a while to heat up my water and ran it again it slumped down to 7000+, now it's a consistent 7200 regardless of if my pc just started up with cold water or it's summer and i've been playing a heavy game all day.