Review: AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT (reference)

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Mar 17, 2021.

1. HybOj

HybOj Master Guru

GPU:
    Gygabite RTX3080
    I wonder why Im still visiting this page. Its just torture. I might as well just come back next year. Because all I need for my PC is a GFX card. Yeah maybe a better ssd, monitor... ram... but I will NOT buy anything from these items, until have a GFX card. I wonder if ppl with older GFX HW have it the same? It literally makes no sense to upgrade our PCs with even a dollar worth of HW currently. This GFX issue will cast shadow over all HW parts. Why upgrade?

Robbo9999 likes this.
  2. Truder

Truder Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700XT Nitro+
    Out of stock the moment it was listed on AMD direct...

gx-x likes this.
  3. Dazz

Dazz Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX RTX 2080
    It's getting really tiring another graphics card and no stock, my Strix RTX 2080 keeps crashing when playing demanding games or running fire strike, i need to RMA it but all i will get is my money back what good is the money when there's nothing to buy/replace because stock doesn't exist!!!

My nephew is still waiting on his RTX 3080 that he ordered in September that's 7 months now!!! The whole situation is far beyond a joke.

4. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7800XT
    Good chance you will get replacment. AIBs keep stock for RMA.

5. Fediuld

Fediuld Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 5700XT AE
    Was on a store just for the laugh. Went to 6700XT list. Reference at 419, AIB 519 - 530 in stock.
    Went to see the ref and was gone. Went back to the list and AIB cards were over 750 within 20 seconds.

The shops are the scalpers and need to be boycotted alongside everyone on the 2nd hand market until prices dropped.
    And do not expect Crypto mining go away until the nukes fall and there is no electricity and food to each. Then we would be able to trade a can of tuna for a RTX3090

gx-x and alanm like this.
  6. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7800XT
    Yup. Because msrp is baaad . It should cost 350$ would be amazing achievement. Who cares it would sell for 1000$ anyway and even more profit to scalpers and distributors. At least some of the money will go to amd. Which is lesser evil in this case.

Fediuld likes this.
  7. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7800XT
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2021
    JonasBeckman likes this.
  8. Robbo9999

Robbo9999 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    In the meantime try underclocking it, which may bring back stability.

gx-x likes this.
  9. danang_lfc

danang_lfc Guest

GPU:
    None
    For real, it's available and the starting price of RX 6700XT in my country is $1000 :(

10. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7800XT
    Very goood price compared to 1200 EUR in europe :D

fantaskarsef, Fediuld and rl66 like this.

11. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    it was around 500 euro yesterday... 1300 euro today... but there is still none. Price isn't important in this moment...

12. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7800XT
    for 500 EUR i would buy 10 of them :D

rl66 and Undying like this.
  13. waltc3

waltc3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 50th Ann 5700XT
    No cards in sight! AMD store/us...completely dry. Unreal. The third fake GPU availability date from AMD in the last five months. This morning I actually saw the "Put in cart" button for the 6900XT--which I diligently pressed, of course--would have bought it--but it brought up a message "Product could not be put in cart. Cart is empty. Continue Shopping?" So...got that message a dozen times or so after pressing the "put in cart" button for the 6900XT before the site kicked me off with an "Access denied" message. Guess the AMD store is not fond of enthusiastic buyers. Perhaps if I had been telepathic I might have known that the "put in cart" button for the 6900XT was also fake--no such button for the 6700XT, the 6800, 6800XT, so I "assumed" the site had 6900XTs in stock to sell! Silly me.

14. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MERC310 RX 7900 XTX
    Wow, really? And judging from your statement, you had bought nVidia spin about CMP NOT affecting their supply of GPU's? What about nVidia selling a whole bunch of Ampere GPU's to miners even before they'd released the cards publicly tp gamers?

Also, miners driving up prices of GPU's do not benefit AMD. or nVidia for the matter, it's the AIB cards that are priced higher, and obviously most of the blame falls on scalpers and miners. As for pricing, Steve of GN had also admitted that both AMD and nVidia have no reason to undercut pricing against each other given the present worldwide shortage of chips.

AMD could have priced it at 400SUD, miners and scalpers would push up the price regardless....demand and supply, in which case demand far exceeds supply by a wide margin.

Edit - I'd like to add that when I'd first gotten my Sapp Nitro+ RX 6900 XT at a whopping 1350USD, I was pretty sure I was making a huge mistake and that price would usually tumble AFTER I had gotten any card. Since then, ALL newer cards have risen in price to eye watering levels. I'm even hearing that in some part of Europe, Gigabyte RX 6700 XT cards are still in stock, but going for 1100-1150 EUR, absolutely insane! My RX 6900 XT cost me 1105 EUR effectively.....for the first time in my life, my GPU has risen in price, and I did NOT make a mistake as I'd thought.

15. Embra

Embra Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 6950 XT
    You may also want to check your PSU.
    A much cheaper fix with great availability.

Dazz and kapu like this.

16. gx-x

gx-x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti Phoenix
    I love seeing privileged people on internet cry because they can't buy way overpriced cards because richer people got to them first.

17. Margalus

Margalus Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Ventus 3060 Ti
    NVidia may not be perfect, but at least they attempted to curtail mining while AMD says they are going to do nothing because they want miners to buy their cards. And why do they want that? Because it drives profits for them.

Dazz likes this.
  18. Robbo9999

Robbo9999 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    You can look at it that way, but that's a very short term way to view it. I really don't think anyone buying at these inflated prices (you included) is "getting a good deal", but that's your choice.

EDIT: Ah, I jumped to a too quick conclusion, you got your 6900XT a little above MSRP, well that's not too bad, but I always thought 6900XT & 3090 were massively overpriced for what they were at MSRP vs say the 3080 anyway. But you certainly got a better deal than people buying right now.

19. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7800XT
    You get that wrong. NVidia did nothing. Even did opposite.

mikeysg likes this.
  20. DLD

DLD Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1060 6GB
    "...a graphics card with such a massive pricetag?" The only other "massive" thing that I see here is a crap with which the producers are delivering to the market nowadays. Isn't there ANYBODY, ANYWHERE in this World capable of confronting Suck Howlong or Jerkoff Howfast or Lee Wanking or who-knows-which of MaoTseThung's descendants, so-called uNvidia's and Advanced Marketing Deception's "CEO-s" and tell them: you're full of s*iit!!!