Returning my 8800 GTX's

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by tibbar, Dec 12, 2007.

1. tibbar

tibbar Member Guru

GPU:
    2 x BFG 8800GTX 768MB SLI
    I should have waited for the GT or the new GTS's but what do you guys think I should get? I'll be running SLI

2. Frohman0905

Frohman0905 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX680 2GB OC @ 1202/7000
    Why return it? Your gtx's are still faster than the new gts in sli

3. dukedave5200

dukedave5200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG GTX 285 OCX - SLI
    Unless you can get full price for the GTX's I wouldn't think downgrading to the new GT/GTS would be worth it.

4. tibbar

tibbar Member Guru

GPU:
    Really? Hmmm, well I run games at 1920x1200 and such. I'll just keep the GTX's then, still need a better cooling solution for them though. These stock fans just don't keep them cool enough for me.

5. Jenova_link

Jenova_link Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580
    Dude! What did you just smoke before you post this you must be out of your mind, you are running a GTX a big boy and you want to trade that in for 2 little boy...? I'll trade you...

6. dominant1

dominant1 Guest

GPU:
    Evga Gtx1070 Superclocked
    weird post , the poster didn't say why he wanted to trade down in the 1st post, then later said his gtx is getting to hot...2 gts's in close proximity will get even hotter. now he wants to keep his gtx, it only took a couple of posts to change his mind...now we need to lead him in the direction of getting that gtx cooler... so lets go guys...

what pc box do u have and how many fans are in it?

7. scheherazade

scheherazade Ancient Guru

GPU:
    fullHDs
    this thread bamboozles me.

-scheherazade

8. tibbar

tibbar Member Guru

GPU:
    haha sorry for the confusion, i haven't kept up with all the new info on the 8 nvidia series and was just under wrong assumptions on card performance. right now i'm using a thermaltake armor case, 2 exhaust fans in the top right, one behind where the cpu sits, 2 intakes, one lower front and side fan.

i've been thinking about the zalman xt water cooling kit and getting those gpu water blocks for the 8800gtx/ultra. or maybe i'll buy a window unit AC since my computer is right in front of it ^_^

9. Psytek

Psytek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x 260 GTX 216 SLI
    I've got a friend who got 2 8800gtxs and then went out and got gts 'on principle' because its better value for money.

We all think he's just being dumb though.