Returning games

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by LemonTea, May 15, 2001.

1. LemonTea

LemonTea Guest

Just wanted some info whether returning games/hardware etc. is an accepted/normal thing.<br>
    <br>
    I always thought, you buy a game and unless it doesn't work, they don't let you return it. But i occasionally read about ppl just bringing their game back and returning it as tho its just a normal thing. (this applies to hardware as well)<br>
    <br>
    If thats the case, why don't ppl just buy the game, copy it then return it? <br>
    <br>
    I've only ever returned one game, and that was legit, it didn't work. The guy was rather pissed at me and sus about it, but he was really busy so he didn't test it (tho he said he was going to), just told me to pick up another game.

2. Ethantos

Ethantos Guest

Most places I know will only accept opened software in exchange for the identical item (a.k.a. the first one didn't work right). If I'm not mistaken, there's a computer copyright law preventing the stores from just simply refunding money for opened computer software or exchanging it for another game. Many of the larger department stores such as Wal-Mart and Best Buy often have signs posted that states this. Whether every store follows that policy is a whole other matter.