Guru3D Notification Rest in peace fellow Guru3D member: Extraordinary

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 20, 2021.

1. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    Rest in peace, fellow guru.
    I am sad to hear this, hope that family and kin are strong and wish them well.
    I am lost for words now. All problems are nullified, time stands still and this begs for retrospection and have our own reality checked.
    We are indebted to life with death, that's always there for each and every one of us.
    Still, we are taken aback when this happens, as we are living like we are immortal.
    I didn't knew him closely and we for sure crossed in some threads, but I'll remember him as a helpful person and cheerful guru.
    Hope that you are well my friend, hope that you somehow know that we here, are mourning you.
    Thank you kindly, HH, for letting us know. If it counts for anything, tell his gf that we would like to be his virtual pal bearers. And we can write something for his funeral.

After learning about this sad news, I shared my password for the forum with my wife. I would like to let you know. This is the only place where I bear my soul, as I don't have any social media.

Netherwind, The1, Keitosha and 6 others like this.
  2. CrazY_Milojko

CrazY_Milojko Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    It would be a somewhat good idea so that new Guru3D members can see how many great and helpful folks were residents of this forum past few decades, but...

But I'm sure Extraordinary wouldn't wanted that kind of attention... He was always somehow in the background jumping in whenever someone needs a help about some SW or HW issue, keeping us up to date with new Windows features, never intrusive, always ready to throw in jokes here and there... despite issues he had in rl, like most of us had or still have. I'll always remember him joking with me about how he looks exactly like my neighbour after posting his pic on The faces of the Guru3D thread some 6 years ago. In Ex's name gonna drink a beer or two with my neighbour tomorrow...

Folks, just keep this thread alive for a while for other Guru3D members so that they can see what a great man this commnity has just lost. It's a sad day for all of us here but we all know he's at a better place right now.

HK-1 likes this.
  3. HK-1

HK-1 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX580 Power Color
    Oh my God I'm very sad about this news, I honestly liked him very much because since I went to the forum he has always been helpful to me that his soul rest in peace.

4. SplashDown

SplashDown Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980ti Classy
    No CHIT, damn nice guy, always nice ones first. Peace buddy......

5. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit GameRock 2080
    Extra was a standout guy on this forum. RIP. Will be missed.

6. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080S /2080ti
    I wouldn't be against Hilbert incorporating Extraordinary's Avatar into guru3d content somehow.
    Hilbert's work indeed is extraordinary, it would make a nice stamp of approval, celebrating both Guru3d plus it's great members.

@Hilbert Hagedoorn You could use the Extraordinary stamp of approval for your reviews, for the user friendly products that really shine.

Keitosha, BetA, Coolerking and 4 others like this.
  7. JaxMacFL

JaxMacFL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3090 FTW3 ULTR/HYBR
    Moment of silence, Guru3D forum family has lost a good Mate.

jbscotchman, Airbud and DannyD like this.
  8. A M D BugBear

A M D BugBear Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4 GTX 970-Quad Sli
    Wow, Didn't know this until now, RIP.

I know he was on the ball 110% on the upcoming builds of Windows 10, I was a huge beta tester back then.

He also helped me just this past recently about Camera mods on my new Phone, S21+, as the stock one was way to over Exposed,etc, so he re-directed me to somewhere that will help me, man, was his help truly unforgettable, if it wasn't for his kind assistance, my Latest 4-Way Sli Project: DSIII + Reshade would never be completed, All my thanks pretty much goes to him, Thanks Buddie, RIP.

Question, I know not our business, how did he past away?

9. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    :( you will be missed here, my condolences.

10. N0sferatU

N0sferatU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ultra
    R.I.P. way too young to go. 42...I'm not far from it. Makes you wonder. WTF happened? :(

11. Coolerking

Coolerking Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX5700 XT
    Deepest condolences to all friends and family here and everywhere of Extraordinary.
    Fair winds and following seas Sir.

12. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6900xt / RTX3090
    Rest in peace , very sad news :( , such a great and helpful person on this forum. My condolences to all his family.

13. Elder III

Elder III Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    I am so sorry/saddened to read about this tonight. :( He was indeed one of the most helpful members on this forum and one of the few regulars that I remember seeing for a decade straight. My condolences to his loved ones.

14. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060
    Rest in peace fellow Guru

15. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800XT GamingX
    Good point, that's one reason why I thought it must be something discreet, if anything at all.
    Serve as a memory for us that were here at the time.

While that's a cool idea on its own, I would classify that as somewhat tacky.

As in do we want to memorialize him as a stamp in reviews?
    Following on Crazy_Milojko's point, perhaps not what he'd want.

But as said the time for this is a bit later I think, should Hilbert want to realize it in some form.

Extra's gf should also be asked whether she'd like something like this.
    It could be a nice gesture but also a painful reminder, to her.

Brasky likes this.

16. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    :( what a shame. as an oldie here, i knew him and he was a really nice and helpfull Person. Even had some nice chats with him.
    This makes me very sad and brings tears to my eyes. im kinda out of words, i need to process that..
    My condolences go out to his loved ones and Family.. Be strong !!!

I will not forget "Extraordinary", he has a special place in my Mind now.. i hope youre ok now, where ever you are. Love yaa...

Best Regards

17. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Let's discuss that in the future.

I have some ideas, like creating a forum section called 'our fallen gurus' and move a thread like this towards it so that section. Anyone who has that desire can easily pay respect, remember and read up on some of his posts. That way for fallen gurus the memory and spirit of an old friend are kept alive among the community. However, I am battling the idea very much if he and of course, the family would appreciate that (as we simply don't know). But again, another place another time we'll discuss this as we'll want to deal with such ideas in the most respectful way possible.

Icanium, Passus, anxious_f0x and 15 others like this.
  18. 386SX

386SX Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Vega64 RedDevil
    Rest in peace fellow guru. You will be missed.

19. chinobino

chinobino Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 2070 Mini OC
    My condolences to his family and loved ones.

This is a real shock, you can tell by the length of this thread already how much respect we all have for Ex.

R.I.P. you will never be forgotten.

20. BLEH!

BLEH! Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury
    Sad times. Had a few interactions with the fellow, always helpful.

Rest in Peace, buddy.

Caesar likes this.