1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Respawn releases the trailer and release date of Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    fantaskarsef likes this.
  2. Backstabak

Backstabak Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    I do trust Respawn to make actually good SP game, but since it's EA, I'd rather be cautious. Anyway, I hope it's more like JK than Force Unleashed and I do hope there will be more info soon.

Trailer is nice though.

emperorsfist and fantaskarsef like this.
  3. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 8Gb
    It's a rendered cutscene, so I'd avoid getting hyped until we can see actual gameplay footage. As has been said, I too do hope that this game will be closer to the Jedi Knight games, rather than a bland hack'n'slash like Force Unleashed. Seeing how this studio made a great SP campaign in Titanfall 2, I hope that EA lets them be "them" in this game as well. Respawns games were good because (other than them being good devs) EA didn't meddle with them. This is, however, a higher profile game for EA, so I urge caution.

4. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 390
    It's apparently forced 3rd person, which means, with high probability, that it's more hack'n'slash than Jedi Knights. The versatile use of various weapons was one reason why Jedi Knights could avoid some mindlessness. Considering the plot of this game, though, you'd think it would be encouraged to use other weapons. The dude doesn't want to attract attention. Lightsaber attracts a helluva lot of attention. Yet from what I've read, it's all force and lightsaber.

5. wsgroves

wsgroves Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix OC 1080Ti
    Rendered from the in-game engine. They specifically stated on the live reveal that everything you see is an asset in the game. I do as well hope that it looks that good though in final playable form.

6. SweenJM

SweenJM Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 590 nitro
    So let's create another star wars character no one has heard of or cares about instead of using the existing abundant material. I really hate that. Not that it matters anymore......Disney + anything = crap. I'm sure they will ruin the fox title's I enjoy as much as they ruined marvel and star wars

7. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce GTX 960M
    This is Respawn developing this game not Disney. AFAIK Disney has no say in the games.

8. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Titanfall 2 was pretty darn good.

Backstabak and rflair like this.
  9. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Disney retains all veto rights over the content and direction of their IP.

10. vbetts

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce GTX 960M
    EA licensed from Disney the rights to Star Wars games on console and PC, Disney has no say in any Star Wars game published by EA.

11. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Have you seen the license?

No.

Disney never licenses their IP out in a way that prevents them reigning in the abuse and misuse of it.

Square Enix have aptly stated that in their licensing

the disney company doesn't screw around with ip licensing, they always retain Veto capacity.

There was a phone call hours before Battlefront 2's release between EA and Disney

EA are too smug to bow down to user complaints, there was definitely a "Get rid of them or else" involved in the discussion.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
  12. vbetts

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce GTX 960M