1. Stephon Edwards

Stephon Edwards New Member

GPU:
    RTX 2080 super
    when i used 2 monitors i have one monitor that had a custom resolution on it and it was not in the custom category, it was in the PC category which is pretty much the default resolutions you can use. I dont use 2 monitors anymore. So my question is it possible to make a custom resolution and make it on the PC category instead of it being in the Custom resolution category? i know this is kinda dumb but i really would like for it to work, i havent found a solution for this problem yet but if someone knows how to do this it would mean the world to me.

Why do i need to do this ? well because on my ASUS rog swift 360hz monitor i have G-sync mode on but only on the monitor. This is a glitch i found out not to long ago but when i exactly got the monitor it was on without g-sync being on in the nvidia control panel. So it gives you no screen tearing and it also gives you alot of fps gains and that low latency feel. It also kinda makes the games like CSGO and Valorant run alot smoother and i cant complain about finding this glitch it just doesn't work with my custom res so that is why i want to use it.

2. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 ROG Strix
    Have you tried adding your desired resolution with CRU?

3. Stephon Edwards

Stephon Edwards New Member

GPU:
    RTX 2080 super
    didn't realize someone replied to this never ggot an email about it but yes i have tried and i dont think i can use CRU with a 360hz monitor or maybe im doing something wrong with CRU cause when i used it i couldn't get it to work and my monitor would just be black

4. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 Ti FTW
    That makes no sense. If you want gsync, the driver needs to know about it. The monitor doesn't do gsync on its own.