Resizable Bar?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Hog54, Feb 22, 2021.

1. GregJA

GregJA Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 2080 TI
    I.... cant get it to find a bios update for the 3090 Gaming X trio
    or for x570 gaming edge mobo

2. r00lz

r00lz Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 3090
  3. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Someone should open and maintain a thread that lists games and if a gain was experienced by enabling Rebar

Though would have to omit Zen 2, because its demonstrating some cases of going the opposite direction for certain whitelisted games.

Granacks likes this.
  4. novator

novator Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 5870...V8800
    Official Gainward BIOS update still doesn't want to update my Gainward RTX 3090 Phantom and it gives me:
    No need to update your VGA BIOS!
    (or not support for your VGA card)

Attached Files:

5. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Nvidia should really expose the ReBAR control in game profiles. Dunno why they are always so late with adding any features into the CPL.

PrMinisterGR likes this.
  6. FR4GGL3

FR4GGL3 Member

GPU:
    3080 Gaming OC
    Thank you! I guess that old Turkey can use a few extra fps

7. fleggy

fleggy Member Guru

GPU:
    GB 3090 Gaming OC
    Profile Inspector stopped working after update to 465.89 and resizable BAR activation :(
    I'm going to fiddle with it..

8. BlindBison

BlindBison Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super
    Anybody know if this will get enabled for Zen 2/Ryzen 3000 and RTX 2000 Series GPUs?

I went to the trouble of updating my BIOS for ASRock Phantom Gaming 4 (X570) + Updating my 2080 Super GPU drivers and installing the latest Ryzen Chipset drivers (3900X) then followed a guide I found online and the option does show up in the BIOS, it's just disabled/greyed out/uninteractable so I can't turn it on.

As far as I'm aware there's not really any reason SAM/Resizeable bar can't work with components like these and a lot of people are running Zen 2 CPUs with either 10 series of 20 series Nvidia GPUs so ... here's hoping it gets supported eventually :( The 1% low improvement in some titles seems really appealing so it's seems like a shame to leave extra performance on the table especially if you're playing at a resolution which isn't always GPU bound for whatever reason.

9. BlindBison

BlindBison Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super
    I have experienced Nvidia Inspector not working sometimes depending on driver -- or, rather more specifically certain features "breaking" from time to time.

For example awhile back when I was gaming on an older laptop, I would use Inspector to enable Half-Refresh V-Sync then use RTSS to get a more "console-like" 30 fps experience (there's a blur buster guide for all that), but for certain drivers the half-refresh v-sync was just broken and would literally require me to clean install the driver every time I wanted to launch a game or it wouldn't work -- was very very weird, but it works nowadays.

I really wish Nvidia would just add some of these options to their official control panel -- like, why is the only way to use half-refresh v-sync via the official control panel the adaptive version? It's fine I guess, but you can't use the low lag v-sync trick with the adaptive variant as it causes it to always turn itself off unless you cap to something like refresh/2 + 1 instead of refresh/2 - 0.01.

10. fleggy

fleggy Member Guru

GPU:
    GB 3090 Gaming OC
    as of NV Profile Inspector - I ddued and reinstalled driver 465.89, disabled ReBAR and no progress. This is the first error in the message:

************** Exception Text **************
    System.InvalidOperationException: There is an error in XML document (0, 0). ---> System.Xml.XmlException: Root element is missing.

Perhaps the optional update KB5000842 is the culprit? Can anybody check NVPI and let me/us know? Thanks

EDIT: Lastly I run NVPI yesterday just before updating the driver and Windows.
    EDIT2: I tried NVPI 2.3.0.10, 11, 12 and 13. All the same

Last edited: Apr 1, 2021

11. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    This is not caused by the driver, its a fault in the XML config file that inspector keeps and is usually caused by force closing the application when its busy processing a task.

Delete c:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\NVIDIA Profile Inspector\settings.xml

fleggy likes this.
  12. Shadowdane

Shadowdane Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 Suprim
    Got my MSI RTX 3080 Suprim X updated.. however no BIOS update for my Asus Maximus X Hero Wifi board no idea if Asus has plans to put out updates for Z370 based boards.

I know some other brands are releasing updates so it would be awesome if Asus follows suit.

13. stereoman

stereoman Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit RTX 3080 GPRO
    Just did some benching on Forza and there's a clear boost with Rebar on my system.

Rebar On
    [​IMG]

Rebar Off
    [​IMG]

14. fleggy

fleggy Member Guru

GPU:
    GB 3090 Gaming OC
    Thanks! Solved

15. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Galax 3080 SC
    Borderlands 3 is totally unplayable with Rebar, it stutters like a mad man.

Also had a BSOD with Crysis 3 when Rebar was enabled, might be the drivers as well.(Video_TDR 0000x00016).

16. FranciscoCL

FranciscoCL Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Does HAGS On/Off make a difference?

17. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Galax 3080 SC
    It's off currently, i'll try with it's ON.

18. stereoman

stereoman Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit RTX 3080 GPRO
    Borderlands 3 is working fine here although not much of an increase in performance

Rebar On

- FramesPerSecondAvg: 98.72
    - FrameTimeMsAvg: 10.13

Rebar Off

- FramesPerSecondAvg: 94.16
    - FrameTimeMsAvg: 10.62

19. suty455

suty455 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 3090
    now updated and working

20. FranciscoCL