Resizable Bar?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Hog54, Feb 22, 2021.

1. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 ROG Strix
    Yeah, some games can be affected negatively. It's great that one can disable it for those.

aufkrawall2 likes this.
  2. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti
    RDR 2 seems to run better with ReBar.

3. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Does nvidia have simple toggle switch or you have to use the bios everytime you want to disable rebar?

4. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 ROG Strix
    You can set the corresponding flags per game profile with Nvidia Profile Inspector (third party software) to enable or disable it for the game (or even in the global profile for everything, although I'm not sure if that actually works as I haven't tested it, nor would that probably be the wisest thing to do anyway).

So while it may not be that one "simpla toggle switch" and isn't officially available in the Nvidia Control Panel, it isn't all that hard to do either once you get a hang of it (and you can use Nvidia Profile Inspector to backup the profiles anyway so you don't have to manually set everything anew after a clean driver install).

Last edited: Aug 27, 2021
    Undying likes this.

5. TheDigitalJedi

TheDigitalJedi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 + CX OLED
    Well.....I've been convinced. Resizeable Bar actually works. I can actually see an improvement with framerates and it's not just 1-2 fps.

I'm seeing gains as much as 12-15 fps. My 3090 is now a 3090 Super. lol. All jokes aside I am very impressed. So far this is a winner with my current lineup of games.

6. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060 TUF
    Why not? AMD does it, plus you can make your own blacklist with the NV driver in case there are issues.

7. TheDigitalJedi

TheDigitalJedi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 + CX OLED
    Hey there @garyb. Leave it on and test your games. I just enabled this feature and I'm kicking my self for not activating it sooner. Some titles are giving me minimal results but it's a difference nonetheless. I see a decent boost in Dirt 5, Forza Horizon 4, Horizon Zero Dawn, Red Dead Redemption 2 and Jedi Fallen Order. Cyberpunk is only a 5 fps increase but I'll take it. I am seeing texture draw in that I didn't notice before. I'm currently using the latest driver. I will reinstall the 471.11 and see if the anomalies are still present.

Some of my games are running much smoother with extremely high visual settings with no fps increase. It depends on the title.

Like the other Gurus have stated, if you see a decrease with a particular title, create profiles in the NCP. All the best and happy gaming.

Cave Waverider likes this.
  8. garyb

garyb Member Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 3070
    :) will leave it on and test.