Resizable Bar?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Hog54, Feb 22, 2021.

1. jura11

jura11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    There is no XOC BIOS with 1000W for RTX 3080 with ReBAR and same applies for RTX 3090 there is no XOC BIOS with 1000W with ReBAR, hopefully someone will leak that BIOS

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

janos666 likes this.
  2. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 ROG Strix
    Has anybody tried if EVGA's Updater tool (Precision or whatever) is able to update the Kingpin 1000W XOC Bios with ReBar support?
    I updated my 520W Kingpin BIOS to ReBar with EVGA's update tool and it worked, thus I wonder if it's also possible with the 1000W variant.

3. jura11

jura11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    No you can't update XOC BIOS through the EVGA update tool, if you do that it will become normal 520W BIOS, if you want XOC 1000W BIOS with ReBAR you need to ask Vince@KingPin

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

Cave Waverider likes this.
  4. RKKA

RKKA New Member

GPU:
    Aorus RTX3080 EXTR
    so, you have the 3080 extreme now running on latest vBIOS?

I feel like I’m power limited now with the latest.
    My 3080 extreme was delivered with F2 BIOS.

F3 said to extend TGP to 450W and worked very stable for me, I was hitting >430W and overclocking was solid stable.

Now with the latest F6 they say it adds rezbar support, my power consumption is around 360-370W and overclocking is so unstable. I wonder if there’s no more 450 W power limit on the F6?

5. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 Gaming 4G
    Check it with GPU-Z

6. garyb

garyb Member Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 3070
    Not really sure about this stuff but should I have resizable bar enabled all the time regardless !!! both motherboard and GPU support it.

7. HichamNB

HichamNB Member

GPU:
    Amd / 2gb
    so anyone here with rtx 20 series who tried maybe updating driver and mobo bios to support resizable bar, maybe nvidia is hiding something from rtx 20s owners !

8. janos666

janos666 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX3080 10Gb
    Doubtful, not their style (in general, neither hiding things like these nor handing out freebies like this).

HichamNB likes this.
  9. skacikpl

skacikpl Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 8G
    For starters what would need to get updated to support it would be the GPU bios itself but pretty sure none of 2000 series cards from any manfuacturer didn't get a single bios update in well over a year.
    Don't count on corporate generosity, gating away features is a solid way of forcing people to upgrade.

HichamNB likes this.
  10. NEP6XSBW

NEP6XSBW Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti
    Nvidia will most likely never release a VBIOS for ReBAR support on Turing cards. On my previous card, I had both driver and system BIOS support for ReBAR, but no VBIOS support, thus, ReBAR was marked as disabled in GPU-Z.

HichamNB likes this.

11. garyb

garyb Member Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 3070
    Should this be left on by default?

12. flow

flow Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF RTX3080 oc
    I have no benefit from it on my z390 board. I have it disabled in bios. Tried it on some games that support it, and I only saw a small shift in fps from scene to scene. Overall performance was the same though.
    Could be different for a 3070 and lower end card, so try it and compare.
    On the other hand, my bios has a simple switch to enable/disable Resizable Bar. Maybe some day I enable it again if a game really benefits from it.
    When you're above 100 fps in games, 5 more wont matter much, not if in other scenes it drops by 5.

TheDigitalJedi likes this.
  13. buddyfriendo

buddyfriendo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    I think that's pretty much the general consensus sadly :/

14. TheDigitalJedi

TheDigitalJedi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 + CX OLED
    This.

I just randomly viewed my BIOS and I now see the option. In the NCP it says no. Is seems this isn't worth the trouble of going through the steps to enable it. The techie in me may mess with it due to curiosity.

15. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 ROG Strix
    I've found that Resizable BAR on my Z390 mainboard can make quite a difference in demanding games at higher resolutions with maximums settings. It's especially noticeable when playing demanding Sims on high-resolution VR headsets in which case it can stabilize ReBAR perfectly smooth and playable.

It especially helps with minimum framerates/framerate drops in the games ReBAR works well with.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2021

16. TheDigitalJedi

TheDigitalJedi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 + CX OLED
    Well you just gave me a little motivation to try this out. :p:D I'll report my findings. Hopefully we can see increases with my hardware also.

17. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti
    ReBar is recommended to improve stutters, not to gain 50FPS etc.

18. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Master Guru

GPU:
    3060 TUF
    I can't see it reducing stutter anywhere. Note that Nvidia also only whitelists select titles for it, it probably has 0 effect for any game that is not on that whitelist.

flow likes this.
  19. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 ROG Strix
    You can manually "whitelist" titles via Nvidia Inspector as well (or remove them from the "list").

And yes, it works and the improvement is noticeable with various games as well.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2021
  20. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Master Guru

GPU:
    3060 TUF
    Sure, then this isn't placebo. I've just set it to on globally and I disable it for games that are negatively affected (Watch Dogs Legion and partially also Hitman 2 and RDR2 Vulkan). With the latter two games this was btw. also true when I had an RX 6800.