Resizable Bar?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Hog54, Feb 22, 2021.

1. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Yea I have the latest firmware installed and my drive is a 1TB model.

@moab600 have you updated to the latest firmware for the drive? I use Corsair SSD Toolbox to do this.

Here is my results in crystaldiskmark (only settings changed was selecting NVME SSD from the settings tab).

image_2021-04-08_222428.png

2. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    I've updated everything tbh, it's funny it only happens with BL3.

3. venturi

venturi Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 4090 FE RTX
    This is the one anomaly for me as well. Again, unique to BR3

I don't think its hardware related. As I can launch the game for different locations (drives) and get the same behavior.
    If I turn r-Bar off in bios the resizable bar, the issue goes away. If I turn it off with inspector, the issue goes away.
    Seems unique to borderlands 3.

issue uniquely manifests in BrLnd 3 with resizable bar enabled. Even the intro videos are stuttery.

4. Mustang104

Mustang104 Member Guru

GPU:
    nVidia 3080 RTX
    I have a single 3080 card, BL3 works fine with RBAR enabled with me.

5. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    BL3 gives a lot of people different performance issues so I believe it something to do with the game rather than the hardware.

Gonna flash the new Agesa 1.2.0.2 and test it afterwards.

6. MMXMMX

MMXMMX Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix 4090 OC
    I got a new bios in my Asus Tuf 3090 OC ( 2000€ ) It looks fine got 200 points increase on 3Dmark Port Royal
    Will be testing more on the new V-Bios.

Waiting for a bios update on my Asus prime Z390-A

EDIT:

OMG i have it running GPU-Z telling me enabled
    Now testing the games lol
    3D-Mark port royal is operating fine [​IMG]

Feeling great i got it running [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 14, 2021
    SalamatiQus and Kevin Mauro like this.
  7. janos666

janos666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX3080 10Gb
    Well, good news about Re-sizable Bar support (my MB just got it today): Cyberpunk now runs smooth when I keep GMiner (ethereum coin miner) working in the background while playing.:cool:
    I sort-of expected this MIGHT happen with all the memory bloat of the miner (but still plenty of VRAM laying around on the RTX 3080 and the game using DLSS, so renders at 1440p instead of 2160p) but my hopes were really low. Nice surprise. :)
    (This could be random scene dependent thoug. I didn't play much yet.)

8. Main_Mazafaker

Main_Mazafaker Member Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 1060 6gb
    Good day. I have a question, there is a new bios firmware for my motherboard, among other improvements, it contains support for a resizable panel, so here it is. I do not have a 3000 video card, will it make my situation worse by updating the BIOS version with panel support, if I do not need it?

9. Hog54

Hog54 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus Tuf RTX 3070
    No.

10. MDKpt

MDKpt Active Member

GPU:
    Suprim X 4090
    Hello

can some one please help me one a matter, does the MSI RTX 3090 gaming X trio updated there bios for rebar ?

the bios i have is 94.02.42.00.f1 i updated via dragon center but its from november (says dragon center) today asus released bios 1004 for my motherboard (rampage 6 extreme Enconre X299) for rebar suport but it still says no on the description.

Help is very apreciated :)

cheers

11. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti

rebar won't work unless the bios is in pure uefi, no csm.

Kevin Mauro likes this.
  12. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Let me elaborate on @Astyanax explanation with more details :)
    ¤ Right click your Windows start button
    ¤ Choose "Disk Management"
    ¤ Right-click your OS disk where it says "Disk X, Basic, X GB, Online", not in the list but in the grid and select Properties
    ¤ Click on the "Volumes" tab and check "Partition Style"
    If it says MBR you're out of luck and either need to reinstall using GPT (instead of MBR) or use a converter tool in Windows (i've not tried that).

Kevin Mauro likes this.
  13. Kevin Mauro

Kevin Mauro Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super FTW3
    Looks like MSI has press releases stating they've been releasing this on their (well some) of their RTX 3xxx laptops since Jan of this year.
    • Now this is to complement the above as well as D-GPUs and it was updated this month, April 2021
    • NVIDIA Resizable BAR Firmware Update Tool | NVIDIA (custhelp.com)
    • Complement it with any applicable UEFI update(s) if encountering roadblocks (or by enabling above 4G decoding)
    • I'm hoping any firmware supporting the RBAR feature won't have it disabled by default? Otherwise, enable it in BIOS
    EDIT: Was able to get it working on my laptop -
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 26, 2021
  14. MDKpt

MDKpt Active Member

GPU:
    Suprim X 4090
    thanks to All

every thing is fine and working i just wanted to no if the bios from MSI was the right one and it is

best regards

15. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 GB GamingOC
    With my Gigabyte GV-N3090GAMING OC-24GD_L/F60/0BAC i need to update to F61 as all the other stuff is done and rebar ready. My problem is with this dual bios gfx card. I need to know for sure that my card did indeed come in OC Mode and not Silent Mode because there's two F61's for my card.

I took the glass panel out and had a good look to see the switch but it's very small and pretty hard to see. I even used my phone as a torch and i still couldn't see what mode it's in. I'm just not sure because when i run gpu-z my gpu doesn't seem to want to max out the 1755mhz it's meant to run at when in OC mode. So i'm confused about that also. Maybe nVidia Inspector would report it?

Maybe i need to put the gfx card in max performance mode or something? Anyway i don't think there's any other way to find out what mode it's in, Aida64 doesn't show anything either. Maybe i'll try to use my phone camera and zoom in on that tiny switch. BTW photos online look 10 times bigger than real life and 50 year old eyes don't focus as well as they used too.

I think staring at a monitor for long hours everyday has messed up my focus ability, honestly. :(

Last edited: May 14, 2021

16. TAGTRAUM

TAGTRAUM Member

GPU:
    Aorus Xtreme 3080Ti
    You need to flash ReBar bios to both OC/SILENT bioses, so doesn't matter in what mode you now, just flash ReBar bios for current bios state -- reboot -- check bios info (ensure that bios version is correct) -- shutdown -- switch tiny thing into second mode -- flash again -- reboot -- check. After that you can shutdown again and choose OC mode and play all the way, i've flashed 3080 and 3090 Aorus Extreme same way, so good luck ;)

17. janos666

janos666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX3080 10Gb
    Well, this feature was interesting enough... until it became available. :D
    Unsurprisingly, this doesn't solve any of my long standing stuttering issues with some specific old games (with less and less likelihood of me ever re-playing them) *, nor it increases the average fps in most (more recent) games by any meaningful amount (I won't really notice some 1-2 fps gains, if any).
    But I still have to say thanks to ASUS for releasing that BETA firmware for their older boards (like my Z370) after so many group-nagging on their support forums. LOL.
    (* I tried force-enabling this feature for some old games like DAI, etc to see if their stuttering improves or not.)

18. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 GB GamingOC
    I haven't bothered to enable Rebar yet on my 3090 because i've read that gigabyte has stealth nerfed the max watts from 370/390w down to 340/350w max in the new vbios. Some users report that any gains or improved fps is lost anyway because of the new power draw limits.

Many Gigabyte users have asked why they have done this and gigabyte has not answered even after many forum posts asking why.

Many users are flashing none gigabyte vbioses with upto 1000w limit i think from KingPin cards. The 1000w vbios wasn't meant to get out in the wild but someone let it out, probably a known overclocker.

Most of the gigabyte posts are just asking for a vbios with 400-450w limit but i highly doubt gigabyte will release such a bios.

19. janos666

janos666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX3080 10Gb
    Do you have a link for a 1000W VBIOS with Resizeable Bar support for 3080 cards?

20. nizzen

nizzen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3x3090/3060ti/2080t
    There is no 1000w bios for 3080 cards.
    There is a few 1000w bioses out without Bar support. Kingpin and Galax/kfa2 3090
    There is no 3090 1000w bios with Bar support leaked to the public yet.

janos666 and jura11 like this.