Resident Evil

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by JonasBeckman, Aug 5, 2014.

1. umeng2002

umeng2002 Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 970 SC ACX 2.0
    The Eurogamer review says there are 3 different versions of FMVs. 720p, 1080p, and 1080p @ 20 Mbps.

2. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    well , i played all resident evils even years ago. and they were sht that time too..and still SHT..

putting a retard usage of "management of items guys" idea is an excuse to force u to backtracking. and makes u yelling around; "look look, i finally finished this game. so hardcore..dammn..such game..damn.."

yeah lonely kids who suffers of social phobia, can love this game..and me not. this game cant impress me.

back then the original didn't impress me either. and sorry. as i paid fr the game. i have my right to judge it. ..Such Meh game, much poor execution. Wow boring.

3. KopyKat007

KopyKat007 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 960 SC
    If that is true and you didn't like it back when it first came out then why buy the game now?

4. umeng2002

umeng2002 Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 970 SC ACX 2.0
    You sound like you want an interactive movie. Not puzzles or games you have to think about.

I have always thought that people who can't get into scary movies can't get into these games because they tend to not allow themselves to want to be immersed in the game's world.

5. fragba1t

fragba1t Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX Strix 1060 6GB
    Lmao. Oh dear. Fool me once, shame on ... shame on you. Fool me... You can't get fooled again!

:stewpid:

Anyway... I've been having a great time with this game, I've been trying hard not to save much to get that S rank when I finish but still dying loads!

I really should have started with Jill, it's been 10 years or so since I last played, I can't speedrun this game anymore.

6. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    It is your right to judge the game, but... it doesn't make sense why you would buy it if you didn't like the originals.
    It's been widely known for years that this game doesn't change anything about the inventory system. It embraces it.

Also, it seems a bit childish to lash out at people who do like this game and the item management in it..."lonely kids who suffers of social phobia".... that doesn't even make any sense.

It really doesn't make any sense considering Resident Evil still holds on to the item management element.
    Yes, RE4 changed it... but even with the largest case you still can't pick up everything. You still have to swap out, decide what you want to keep... same with RE5, and RE6 even continued it.
    Why would you buy a HD re-release of a Remake of the very first game and then complain because it uses the same inventory system it always had?

7. umeng2002

umeng2002 Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 970 SC ACX 2.0
    People who critize the game because of the mechanics need to understand that this game is essentially from 1996. The 2002 REmake this is based on just changed the puzzles and layout a bit, but the core mechanics are as old as Mario 64.

8. Zeppo

Zeppo Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 560Ti / Sony 40-EX723
    Sorry.... what? You bought an exact remake of game you thought was ****? What did you think would be different?

Also, just because a game has inventory management as part of it's dynamic, what has that got to do with "kids" with social anxiety? Please explain yourself.

Looks like we found part of our audience that Capcom were aiming RE6 at....

Last edited: Jan 21, 2015
  9. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Gedosato isnt going fullscreen for me. It downsamples, but it only displays the game in the top right corner in a small window. Any fix?

10. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Im loving it me, last time i played it was on the old PS1, so forgotten the puzzles, but im getting there slowly. :D

Got splattered by the knight with the spinning blades, when i picked up the key from the stone block thats on his tracks :D

Anyone find when trying a headshot, you seem to point the gun too far up. :p

11. KopyKat007

KopyKat007 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 960 SC
    You know you coulda just put the key back and not died eh lol :)

12. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Nope, been god knows how many years since i last played it :D

13. KopyKat007

KopyKat007 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 960 SC
    Gotta love the shock value of being slaughtered :p

Glad your enjoying the game :) They don't make em like they used to.

14. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I doubt I will remember the puzzles either, it's been 17-18 years since I last played this.

It was the Directors Cut I got, which had a nice little RE2 demo, so don't know how many changes were made in the REmake.

Not starting this until the weekend, just moved into a new place and 5.1 not setup yet, and think this game will be better with it.

15. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    I made the same mistake.

I found the old game guide I bought when the Gamecube version came out in my closet. I haven't looked at it yet but I'm sure I will need to eventually.

16. umeng2002

umeng2002 Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 970 SC ACX 2.0
    The 2002 REmake (and now this) have layout and puzzle changes since the PS1 Director's cut.

17. villa_youth

villa_youth Master Guru

GPU:
    780 Ti
    Its funny how I don't really remember anyone complaining about the limited inventory when RE games first came out back in the day. Modern games have soften us far too much, even Dark Souls games lets you carry around every item that you find in the game.

18. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    This is the thing that frustrates me. The same sort of gamers that are complaining of the item management and gameplay of REHD, are the same gamers that call you a hater and say things like "if you dont like it then dont play it, no ones forcing you to. No need to complain about it..why you so negative, just let those of us who like it play it in peace"or "Gamers are so entitled these days, whinge whinge whinge, make me ashamed to be a gamer", whenever you bring up how simplified games of today have become.

It seems that in the gaming community, you're only allowed to complain about things in hindsight/retrospect (or whatever). But not allowed to point out the stupid design and gameplay mechanics of today. Least the entire generation of soft as ****e Thirdperson-InstaKill-InfiniteAmmo gamercrew call you a Hater and....get this, entitled.

Though, I like the way Mr.Bigtime tells like he sees it.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2015
  19. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
  20. ___ezzy

___ezzy Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7950 3GB
    I have a question. I just started the game and so far I only have one discrepancy. When I go to attack with my knife it only works when I hold down LT. Essentially, I can't use my knife without holding RT down? Also, is there any controller inversion? When aiming, if feels like right is left and left is right.