1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Resident Evil

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by JonasBeckman, Aug 5, 2014.

1. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    It wouldn't be a Resi game without the door animations.

Just unlocked my first Achievement - Get Used To It! :D :(

Knew i shouldn't have tried going back outside :p

2. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    so old school as before :(. still limited item storage and cant drop items..

3. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Limited item storage was one of the best things about a resident evil game. You shouldn't be allowed to carry 10 guns + ammo + healing items + puzzle pieces, etc... Early Resident Evil games always made you think and plan what you should carry.

4. Darko76

Darko76 Member

GPU:
    ati radeon 6870
    How do I remove the black bars for a 1920x1200 resolution?

5. RecluSe

RecluSe Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 SC/ACX 2.0
    Going by that logic every item you leave in the magical storage chest shouldn't just magically re appear in a different storage chest location.

6. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Just started playing on the xbox 1 and damn this game is harder than I remember. Or maybe I'm just getting old. I'm an hour in and already lost. I may have to dig out the old guide I have for the original game laying around.

7. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Going by that logic, zombies and monsters arent real. So they shouldnt be in the game.

And going by that logic, neither is STARS, so who the hell are these people?

Going by that logic, half life 3 confirmed.

Also, AA has been found for Inspector. Check the AA guide (most recent page in the thread) for a new flag.

SLI flag (I didnt find this, so credit to person who did): (DX9) 0x02402005 (Sanctum.....)

While you're in Inspector, set refresh rate to: Highest Available

Last edited: Jan 21, 2015
  8. umeng2002

umeng2002 Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 970 SC ACX 2.0
    I think you're missing the point of the game. Resource management is most of the game.

I think you want to play RE4 or RE5.

When was the last game you played there having 4 round of ammo made you feel like you're invincible.

Actually, if you want to fire-up a GC, Wii, or Wii U, Resident Evil 0 allows for all that, but it does take away tension. As many think, RE0 is a bit bland compared to this game.

9. RecluSe

RecluSe Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 SC/ACX 2.0
    I guess you gotta draw the line some where heh, fair point.

10. MarkyG

MarkyG Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Super
    My word, how awesome is this?! 60 FPS is just awesome. This is how Survival Horror is done. I have this thirst to boot up the original and blitz through it in under 3 hours, with 1 save. I played the game so much back in the day. Now, about that RE2 HD Remaster.....

11. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    It seems theres a loading bug when loading a game. FPS drops to the -20s and then goes back to 60 after a few seconds, the same thing happens after you trigger the first cutscene in the dinning hall. Going to another camera angle can sometime speed up the fps climb.

This is while playing with 16AA + 4xSSGAA @ 1080p.

12. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    But I can't drop an item. What is there a glue in my pocket. Where is the logic ?

K I understand with resource thin but can't drop ? Common. Anyway. I am cold to game already as before.

13. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega Pulse
    You have to find a storage room where there should be a box for storing excessive items.
    (Ammo and herbs primarily but also key items if you don't need them at the moment though I believe keys and a few other items are automatically discarded when you no longer have a use for them.)

14. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega Pulse
  15. Zeppo

Zeppo Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 560Ti / Sony 40-EX723
    You are too used to modern games holding your hand and helping you through too much ;)

Part of the fun when this game originally came out on the PS1 was having to work your way back through the mansion because you forgot an item or left a gun behind, it makes for a really intense atmosphere that not many games have today. It's because of this you memorize the mansion's layout and where all the zombies are and it makes you a better player at the game.

I knew as soon as I started playing this remake that there would be complaints from younger gamers that "the camera sucks", "the controls suck", "the graphics suck". it's all part of the charm from a time when Resident Evil wasn't a franchise.......

16. Vipu2

Vipu2 Master Guru

GPU:
    1070ti
    Talking about space management, how is this game over 17 gigs???
    It doesnt have amazing textures or anything so how?!?!??
    Its still same game like it was originally or maybe few more things(content) I dont know but graphics are not amazing to make this game that big...

17. jujuom26

jujuom26 Active Member

GPU:
    SLI GTX 670 GIGABYTE O/C
    dont understand too about space management

18. rm082e

rm082e Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970 SLI
  19. RecluSe

RecluSe Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 SC/ACX 2.0
    The FMV'S maybe?

20. sephking

sephking Master Guru

GPU:
    2x EVGA 980ti Classified
    The FMV's look like they've been ripped straight from the gamecube version.