1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Resident Evil

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by JonasBeckman, Aug 5, 2014.

1. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    Some people are already streaming the game.

2. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Reviewers maybe. Might have early access privileges? Wankers:D

3. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Unlocked!

Unpacking now.

4. fragba1t

fragba1t Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX Strix 1060 6GB
    Awwww hell yeah :D

5. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I got homework im meant to be doing...argh

Edit: Unlocked but now downloading a 250MB patch?

Edit 2:
    • Launched fine, no unskippable intro videos from sponsors and such crap.
    • Started in window - Display settings limit resolution to 1080, though can be changed to higher res within .ini., located in: C:\Users\(.)(.)\AppData\Local\CAPCOM\Resident Evil - biohazard@HD REMASTER
    • AA is FXAAHQ3 at max, it seems its dx9 so other AA methods should be able to be forced, also texmod should work?
    • Xbox360 controller detected straight away.
    • Dat unlocked FPS:infinity:
    • SweetFX works fine and no alt-tab crashes/lockups.
    • Character models look great.
    • Textures are hit and miss in some locations, but are much better overall. In some most cases, better than RAGE/Evil Within/WOlf. I'll happily take this version over the GC version on Dolphin.

Wouldnt mind getting the wii-u gc controller adapter that was release awhile ago and going tank controls.

G2play keys do in fact contain the pre-order bonuses for anyone who has yet to download and unlock. There'll be a final 250mb download after unlock, of which is the bonus content.

Will post screens later as Ive homework to do:bang:

Edit 3: First mod by Sectus - Skip door animations

Found at NeoGaf: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=940462&page=22

Last edited: Jan 20, 2015
  6. umeng2002

umeng2002 Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 970 SC ACX 2.0
    Why would anyone want to skip the door animations. This game is the anti-COD. I don't even like to run. I walk slowly just to take in the atmosphere.

7. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I agree. Completely ruins the atmosphere by taking them out. Part of the suspension going from room to room.

I just know that some people that have played the game already would probably like something to speed up a playthrough.

I havent been able to force AA yet. Any luck anyone else.

8. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    is diagonal movement possible ?

9. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    Any one else get a mouse cursor that only goes away when you move it out of the screen?

10. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Yes to the mouse cursor. But i also get this in MGS: Groundbeef Zeros. I wonder if its a windows problem or driver issue.

11. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Played for a couple of minutes, looks and feels solid (AKA like the original).

Day is breaking here so I logged out as I am definitely saving this for 'dead of night' gaming sessions ;)

12. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti Gaming X
    Does DSR work with this game? :)

13. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Nope, no dsr atm and modifying the resolution via the config doesnt seem to do anything, cant get Gedosato to work either.

Forcing aa with inspector while using the Gears of Ware flag, the fps is cut in half but there is no aa applied to the character models, same goes when using sweetfx and smaa or fxaa.

Reddit

14. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega Pulse
    You might not be able to set the res in-game but you can set it via the ini file and force it that way. :)

config.ini in this folder.

C:\Users\Your_Windows_Username\AppData\Local\CAPCOM\Resident Evil - biohazard@HD REMASTER

I think DSR at 4x means double the res (As in 2x2 SSAA) so if that's what you are using then from 1920 and 1080 you should use 3840 and 2160
    (And if it's at 2x it should be 2880x1620)

EDIT:
    GeDo is compatible but you have to set up a profile for it to force the desired resolution. :)

GeDoSaTo.ini

GeDoSaTo\config\bhd

Code:
    # Lines starting with "#" are ignored by GeDoSaTo and used to provide documentation

clearRenderResolutions
    renderResolution 3840x2400@60
    forceRenderRes true

(Same as Unity engine games and any other problematic title such as FF13 / FF13-X2 but if a game is locked to something such as 1080p like Castlevania 1 or ReVengeance it won't work.)

[​IMG]

(FXAA disabled in favor for GeDoSaTo's SMAA, if it says "Not Downsampling" instead of the expected screen resolution you probably didn't create a profile.)

15. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Hmm, it seems the aa method from redit does work either. Just has the same effect as the Gears of War flag. Unless im doing something wrong.

@Jonas
    Rhanks Jonas, but now the game is only showing in the top right corner of the screen, the gedosato onscreen info is showing though.

16. Vipu2

Vipu2 Master Guru

GPU:
    1070ti
    Please tell when there is some texture mods etc so I can get this game then.

17. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega Pulse
    The background art was upscaled from the Gamecube version (No idea what happened to the source data, budget probably made it so they couldn't recreate it all from scratch but what do I know.) and then it seems it differs a bit from scene to scene what was done, from some simpler filter effect to partially redrawing it so overall visual quality is a bit hit and miss when some parts of the game looks like the liquify filter in Photoshop and others look pretty good.

As a DX9 game it should be possible to rip the texture data either via TexMod or GeDoSaTo and then inject in edited textures as well, these games are pretty popular for various mods as well so a file unpacker and repacker as well as other tools for model and texture formats are very likely to appear too.
    (Switching the character models from various games for one example and the usual nude mods, heh.)

18. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    A Dining Room!

Love it, brings back loads of memories :D

Seems to look and run fine too.

Yes ive got that :p

19. fragba1t

fragba1t Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX Strix 1060 6GB
    @JonasBeckman Thanks for the downsampling info!

Really enjoying the game, I forgot how tough RE can be! Started as Chris, maybe I should have picked 'easy mode' Jill :p

20. LambertoKevlar

LambertoKevlar Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus Gtx Titan
    it doesn't work for me