Resident Evil

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by JonasBeckman, Aug 5, 2014.

1. Tree Dude

Tree Dude Guest

GPU:
    Radeon R9 270X 2GB
    Very excited for this! I have played through RE 1, 2, 3, CV, 4, and 5 (still have yet to play 6). RE 2 is definitely my favorite.

I hope this also means RE Zero (RE Archives on the Wii) gets a remake too since it was released around the same time as the remake of 1 on the GC.

2. KopyKat007

KopyKat007 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 960 SC
    I haven't read the thread but i agree 100%, the Remake on GC was Amazing! Me and my friends had a blast with it!

EDIT: Yes i have been wishing for RE2 Remake as well lol!

Last edited: Dec 12, 2014
  3. KopyKat007

KopyKat007 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 960 SC
    OMG don't make me blow a load!

4. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Your missing something though - Mods, baby:banana:

5. Vipu2

Vipu2 Guest

GPU:
    1070ti
    But I didn't miss it!

6. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Hahaha, my bad:D

7. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2015
  8. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
  9. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    looks like a Vita game. yeah HD than before but still.. -_-

10. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    PC version has three fps options - Variable (unlocked), 60 and 30fps. Source is the Official facebook page. Been looking up on it the last few hours.

https://www.facebook.com/residentevilremastered

Pre-order still isnt up on steam, much like GTAV its just the "Early January 2015" bollocks. Was going to continue with my Dolphin playthrough but figured why bother so close to the apparent launch. Eitherway, Id take this remake over Scamco's DarkSouls double dipping bull**** with the DX11 version.

11. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Eh :confused:

12. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
  13. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    The video is 60fps, but its also referring the PC version having 3 fps options. And what point would there be of a 60fps video if the game wasnt running at 60fps?

Seems the game is out on PS3 already going by that Facebook page.

Theres plenty of sources confirming that the pc version has multiple fps options. Heres one more:http://www.incgamers.com/2014/12/resident-evil-hd-can-do-60fps-on-pc-heres-some-footage

14. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    The Resident Evil games were the only reason why I bought a Gamecube. RE2 was definitely my favorite but this is a day one buy for me.

15. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    RE2 and 3 definitely need a remake. The gamecube easily has some of the best games to ever be released, more so when you look at RE and MGS:TS. The GC versions compared to the original releases put PC ports to shame. Puts the PS, Xb and to an extent, the pc to shame. Imo, the only thing that rivals the NGC are the Cabinet/Arcade days (as far as my gaming history goes that is).

Discuss!

16. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
    lol, well for be honest, i was think it will be even more ugly based on many HD remake.

Sometimes when wanted to do a new a remastered version, they should just take their actual engine and redo the story in it, phase by phase, instead of trying to port the old game.

This said, its funny to see the "old school style" for loading the room with the door who open, and other stuffs like that.

17. villa_youth

villa_youth Master Guru

GPU:
    780 Ti
  18. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Most likely a near straight port of the wii version. Revelations 2 however (a graphically superior game) is due to run at 60fps and 1080p according to that article, so with that in mind, it seems that the RE1 HD remake is indeed just a wii port.

19. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Strange that the PC version of this is 60fps or unlocked though, and from the videos both consoles could easily do a 1080/60.

Unless you mean a wii-u port.

Will definitely be picking this up, it looks far from perfect but i would rather this than nothing at all.

20. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Its just my assumption that the ps4/xb1 version is a almost straight port simply due to the 30fps lock. Why bother going to the extra effort for a majority that is happy to play AC:U, Destiny, Drive Club and other games at sub 30fps. None really. It has nothing to do with the consoles being under powered and any comments suggesting so are just plain stupid.

I just see this re-release as a way of introducing the younger crowd of RE4/5/6 to the original games and mechanics. Im hoping this is Capcom realizing that 4 (while ok)5, 6 and Revelations are simply just not living up to the name of resident evil and this is just testing the younger generation to see if they can get away with returning to the game style of old.