Resident Evil

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by JonasBeckman, Aug 5, 2014.

1. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    hello.
    I'll give it a go now and see if it works. (my monitors overclocked to 75Hz @1080).

Edit:
    Set config.ini like so:
    Resolution=1920x1080
    RefreshRate= XX.xxHz <--- Your refresh rate. Though this may not even be required
    FullScreen=ON
    VSYNC=OFF

Then use Rivertuner to limit FPS to your desired number.
    Use Nvidia Control Panel or Inspector to set vysnc to: Use 3D Applications Setting

There will be tearing though and the increase in fps doesnt really change much. If anything it makes it worse due to tearing and a slight stuttering.

----
    Also, could a resident evil GC vet let me know if the music in the Remaster is indeed playing too fast. I cant tell tbh.
    Heres the thread posted on the steam forums:
    Here is a fix posted on the ResidentEvilModding board: Audio Fix

Also, is there suppose to be ambient music or audio effect constantly in running in the background? For me the game is basically silent unless i walk into a safe room and a few other areas.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2015
  2. RecluSe

RecluSe Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 SC/ACX 2.0
    I'm no vet but this was supposedly a problem with the Japanese version as people on various RE forums were reporting the issue. Great news if it's been fixed already.

3. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    ^Cheers mate. Downloaded and installed. But is just a problem with jpn audio?

Also, you can go through the folder structure and delete any language files that you dont use. Ive shaved about 2.5gb so far.

The biggest chunk comes from the movies of which there are 3 folders with the same videos in them:
    • 00 - 1080p with 20000kbps <- I've kept these. Folder Size = 3.75gb
    • 01 - 1080p with 8000kbps. Folder size = 1.59gb
    • 02 - 1080p with 6000kbps. Folder size = 785mb

Edit: It seems the movies have a separate audio file somewhere. Playing through vlc gives no sound.

You could probably shrink the files size even more for the movies by converting them to something other than .wmv. This would then require modifying a config file somewhere so the game recognizes the new file extension.

The rest are just fre, jpn, spn audio, text, subs and menu options etc. totals to around 160mb if you get rid of everything except english.

What is wrong with my S key.

4. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Same for me, i can't really remember, but i think thats normal, i just hear my footsteps when i run, thunder and lightning, the clock ticking in the dining room etc....

I got the shottie :p

It was only a couple of doors back from the storeroom, i blasted one to kingdom come with it, BOOM! :D

5. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT P.
    There's some 40 musical tracks in the soundtrack folder so there should be some music in-game. :D

6. MarkyG

MarkyG Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Super
    It's a staple of RE to not have any music in certain areas. Perfectly normal. I just got the shotty too, well earned. This game makes you work for better weapons. Nice.

7. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Thanks for clearing that up for me, y'all.

Edit: Steam DRM remover? Edit2: Actually its says it does not let you run without steam.. the fu... is this.
    http://residentevilmodding.boards.net/thread/3162/re-remastered-steamstub-drm-removed

Leon Model imported:
    http://residentevilmodding.boards.net/thread/3158/re4-leon-jacket
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Can anyone recommend a great/appropriate file and or area to overwrite to have the Marilyn Manson Resident Evil (1st movie) Theme play instead of a vanilla file.

I was thinking the Lab area (no spoilers!, not there yet)

Theme

I think this might be the lab bgm, does this play at the start of that area? Its sg1d.sngw in the sound\bgm\wav folder.

8. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    I do get some background tracks, like in the room with the woman with water statue, and when going along the top balcony where the blue jewel statue is.

9. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX VEGA 56
    It says there, it basically removes Steam STUB from the exe (ONE of the forms of Steam DRM) , allowing it to be decompiled and analyzed.

You need Steam, because he is not supplying the Steam emulator to run the game without it.

10. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Might be of use to someone here:
    http://steamcommunity.com/app/304240/discussions/0/620703493317677321/
    Example of tweak:
    Possible issues though:

Last edited: Jan 24, 2015

11. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Finally got the dog collar, and the armour key :D, but i knew i should have been setting the buggers alight, as the gits ive already killed are getting back up, and running for me :eek: :D

12. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Yeah same. I couldnt be bothered at times and it came back to bite me in the bum.

I just cant get over how awesome it feels whenever you discover the next piece of the puzzle or find a piece for a little side mission to obtain an item that'll make obtaining another item easier (read: less deadlier). The way the mansion is so well connected....

Brilliant, no nonsense gameplay. The feeling of relief when you find that next typewriter is something only dark souls 1 and reaching campfires is the only thing i can compare it to.

Going into the item chest to carefully select the items you think you're going to need for you next little dig into the mansion. I've slowly learned that once you've made your decision as to what you're going to do next, along with the items you've thrown in your inventory, not to deviate from that plan unless absolutely required. Else you end up unprepared in ****ty situation.

Love it!

Last edited: Jan 24, 2015
  13. Digika

Digika Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 670

I use 1024x768, true native 4:3

aaand no luck

14. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Vsync needs to be completely off, no adaptive or anything in the control panel. It should work, but then again, forcing resolutions higher than 1080p dont work for me in this game and im not the only one. So it seems that the config tweaks working or not will vary system to system.

15. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT P.

16. lenix

lenix Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 780Ti SC
    Some websites are reporting that it's possible to change the Refresh Rate by modifying the config.ini, I tried that but it always reverts to 60Hz when I launch the game. Does anyone here know how to run this game @ 120/144Hz?

Thanks!

17. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    All i did was disable v-sync, and put the frame-rate to variable, went to 120fps (im on 144Hz).

18. lenix

lenix Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 780Ti SC
    The game is rendering @ 120fps, that doesn't mean that the monitor is running @120Hz, check your monitor menu and it will probably show it's running @ 60Hz, which results in some screen tearing.

19. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Yeah there is tearing, but i just leave it on 60.

Wish id started setting the buggers alight, im getting my ass kicked now :(

20. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    I think its a waste of time setting them alight now, as once ive killed em again, they disappear, im just wasting the kerosene, and carrying the canteen about for nowt, taking up space in my inventory, really should have set em alight first time around, so they couldn't get back up and attack me again.