Resident Evil Village PC Requirements Detailed

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Mar 23, 2021.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Capcom has shared the official PC system requirements for Resident Evil Village via its Steam store page. According to the company, the game will be utilizingDirectX 12, and will require a 64-bit oper...

Resident Evil Village PC Requirements Detailed

2. Martin5000

Martin5000 Member Guru

GPU:
    8 gig
    game industry cant even replicate photo realism games that look anywhere close to old vhs 333×480 pixels
    Its all focus on screen res and none on content.
    Games still look like games where we should be touching realism by now.

3. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    not enough processing power.

4. cap5lock

cap5lock Member

GPU:
    Red Devil RX480 8GB
    New game gets raytracing
    New gamer gets no gpu

Miners still get all they want...

5. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    DX8 = Awesome
    DX9 = Awesome
    DX10 = Meh
    DX11 = Awesome
    DX12 = Meh

Seriously? I hope you're joking.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2021
  6. ViperAnaf

ViperAnaf Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3080 OC
    DX12 is not "meh" - it brought amazing features like DLSS+RT... but the problem is most developers dont know how to use dx12 properly - the performance boost can be insane with the async compute....Shadow of Tomb Raider is an excellent example of that...

Agonist likes this.
  7. xg-ei8ht

xg-ei8ht Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1gb 6870 Sapphire
    I think there's enough processing power to make things realistic.

I don't think that power is used correctly.

People are always harping on about 4k and then it'll be 8k etc.

I would prefer that extra power to be used elsewhere.

1440p upscale checkerboard, DLSS. etc.

Use the power for better lighting, shadows, raytracing, etc

The thing is, companies need to sell product and so they will sell using whatever terms are needed.

8. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    IMO, DX12 is very meh. It hasn't provided any major visual leap like previous generations.

KissSh0t likes this.
  9. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    The fact you think so means you really don't grasp the complexity of video graphics.

Theres a reason CG is still done frame by frame over a number of days and not touched up in real time,

Computers absolutely do not have the processing power to pull off realistic visuals

If you want realistic environments and characters you're not playing a video game, you're an Industrial Light & Magic employee making the next starwars movie with a render farm.
    if you want realistic environments, you don't have much else in the world
    if you want realistic characters / npcs / enemies, you give up a realistic environment.

Hardware Raytracing is a step towards it, but there are not enough cores in the world running at enough gigaherz to pull off realism. Realism is computationally expensive and many of the effects taken advantage of today are implemented heavily restricted in their LOD levels, distance and pixel density to be even playable.

Game Graphics artists and model designers are limited to a static budget on how much memory their designs can use in order to not completely exhaust what is available.

Senua's Saga as an example, provides detailed character models, but the environments are DOF messes of mud to hide the fact that LOD dies fast beyond a few feet past the character.

10. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    You clearly put a lot of thought in this post. Uh huhh.. ok.

11. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    You are right, but GPUs will never have enough for raytracing.

12. loracle

loracle Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660 super
    Nothing changed 7-8 years now, i noticed that Crysis 3 a 2013 game still better graphically than RE7, control or cyberpunk 2077 for expl without dlss, RT or any useless features, so it's not a question of power, it's like music, movies, games also becames crap because we killed the genius of creation for the profit of money, and now we're all swimming in this crap.

Neo Cyrus likes this.
  13. Glottiz

Glottiz Master Guru

GPU:
    TUF 3080 OC
    What all of you are bickering about? Not every game has to be Crysis wannabe.

14. loracle

loracle Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660 super
    It's a fact dude, open your eyes.

15. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF 3080 OC
    I agree with him, the world's entertainment has become soulless crap designed with the only goal being maximum profit and nothing else. The game industry is very obviously suffering from greed.

Why are 2 cent indie games often smash hits vs "tRipLe Aaaaayyyy" titles that can cost hundreds of millions yet still fail miserably? Ask yourself that. It'd be an understatement to call the video game industry a festering hive of scum and villainy at this point.

16. kakiharaFRS

kakiharaFRS Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming X 1080ti
    DX12 brought "real" multi-core support so it's actually the best DX ever, especially if you have a pre-5000 Ryzen as before DX12 games mostly cared about cpu clock and not much else (DX12 equalizes things between intel and amd as cores actually matter)
    https://www.amd.com/en/technologies/directx12#OTHER-DIRECTX®-12-FEATURES-
    when I detect stuttering or abnormal fps drops the 1st thing I do is open rivatuner onscreen stats, check how many threads see an actual usage let's say 20% or more and then limit the game to that amount, you usually get less stutter and it gets rid of most big fps drops I had before doing that
    if you game on an hedt/threadripper you'll get way better performance without having to do stupid things like disabling cores with a "game mode" (which btw disable half your cpu lanes too on threadripper, it's unusable)
    anyway the point is I don't really bother to do that with DX12 games as most cores are used equally and if not it's really the game's fault
    as usual I recommend Borderlands 3 as test game, you can switch from DX11 to DX12 and see for yourself that DX11-DX12 thread usage isn't quite the same especially on 12+ cores cpus

p.s. my horrible gaming experience on a 24c 3960x actually brought something good, all of the above comes from me trying to make it be as good as a 9900k for gaming, which I almost did...except a few games that really hate TR like the original Skyrim, hopefully fixed with the 5xxx Ryzen...will try it one day ;)

Last edited: Mar 23, 2021
  17. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Can I call bullshit on this? Even Sony exclusives look better.

CPC_RedDawn and jbscotchman like this.
  18. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Sony exclusives really do look fantastic. Its awesome they're coming to PC.

19. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5700XT Raw II
    When one thinks just the direct x version determines graphics. ROFL.
    Your opinion is now irrelevant.

PrMinisterGR likes this.
  20. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Oh really? WTF do you think direct x does? You're about as irrelevant as the cow crap I wiped off my boot earlier.