Resident Evil 8

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 11, 2020.

1. toyota

toyota Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    it is pretty clear that most of you nutjobs complaining about the digital foundry video did not even watch it or you were either too stupid to notice most of the video had nothing to do with ray tracing. the level of ignorance around here is appalling and shows that "pc master race" is nothing more than a laughable meme.

2. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    We all seem watched a different video than you.

3. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    There is a very obvious bias, from DF and especially Alex, towards nVidia and against AMD.

Just recently they made the analysis for the Metro Exodus Enhanced Edition, which is an nVidia sponsored tittle.
    From their analysis, you would think this is the most amazing implementation of ray-tracing and dlss, the most accomplished game ever made by mankind.
    They never refer to the problems with stuttering and performance drops, like they did in the RE Village analysis.
    They don't talk about the many scenes where that RTX implementation just ruins the look and feel of the game.
    They don't talk about the ghosting of the dlss, for which 4A Games released a patch this week, to try and solve the issue.
    Or the amount of blur dlss is causing. Or the problems with resolution setting. Or the terrible implementation of depth of field.
    They only mention in passing about the shimmering that the RTX causes in several surfaces.
    And ignore many other issues people are having with this game. Just because it's an nVidia sponsored title.

But this strategy is working for them. Being shills for nVidia guarantied them an RTX 3080 before anyone else.
    And there's a good chance they'll receive a 4080 before all, when it's released.
    When Hardware Unboxed got banned by nVidia, they where one of the few outlets that kept silence.

Undying, cerebus23 and pedropaulo like this.
  4. pharma

pharma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
    While I would not exactly state it in the same words, I think your observations are correct about the video not focusing entirely on RT. Technically the video is great, and if you frequent forums where game developers post you will find they agree with the video' analysis and believe RE8 was rushed and released too early.

5. slick3

slick3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    Is it just me who didn't care so much about graphics in an RE game? I played it at a fairly high settings with shadows on medium and RT on - it looked okay, and ran great so that's all I cared about. I didn't take out my magnifying glass and scrutinized the graphics and quality of RT, that's just silly.

I feel every AAA game has a minimum requirement to reach in terms of graphics, everything past that are just bells and whistles for people to give themselves a pat on the back that their rig is good enough for the latest titles and provides about five minutes of gratification before they move on with the game and don't pay another attention to the extras.

AsiJu likes this.
  6. toyota

toyota Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    Are you actually trying to defend your BS comments? No you didn't watch the damn video all the way through or again you are too stupid to realize he was not talking about ray tracing the whole time. You playing the obtuse act doesn't change the facts. He discussed all the graphics and all the technical issues with the game and his goal was not focusing only on ray tracing by any means.

7. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    I don't own the game yet but graphical things aside, getting stutter when shooting enemies, opening doors and fps drops when encountering specific enemies seems like a pretty big deal to me.

fatezeroart, toyota and pharma like this.
  8. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 FTW3 GU
    It is true unfortunately. I have also noticed that this kind of heavily biased behavior worsened in the last years... But that's the sad truth about making $$ on yt, specially when you belong to a tech channel.

9. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 FTW3 GU
    What's up with many users like you being so aggressive and rude? You can also have a civilized conversation you know?

The1, eGGroLLiO and Undying like this.
  10. toyota

toyota Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    did you watch the video? if you did then you know just how stupid his comments are.

11. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Watching the video or not, agreeing with it or not... doesn't mean you should call another user stupid.

The1, mohiuddin, Undying and 3 others like this.
  12. eGGroLLiO

eGGroLLiO Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080ti FTW3 UG
    Ah another user to ignore!

Undying and HellSpawn2097 like this.
  13. toyota

toyota Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    if you are as ignorant as the other morons complaining about the df video then yes please ignore me.

14. toyota

toyota Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    then what the hell would call someone that acts like the video is mostly about ray tracing and even still maintains that stand when called out about it? the only explanation is that they are stupid.

15. rflair

rflair Don Commisso Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    Infractions have been handed out.

16. umeng2002

umeng2002 Maha Guru

GPU:
    I'm playing the game again, this time with RT off. The RT effects are so subtle, I don't think it was really worth the performance hit on the first play-through.

All RE Engines haves have one issue. The shadows look too aliased unless you set the shadows to their maximum. The other thing about this game is that the Lycans don't cast shadows on the ground, so they look disconnected from the world when they show up. It's the one art style/ design limitation in this game that looks bad.

Last edited: May 24, 2021
  17. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070
    all the resident evil games are on sell on fanticals website...:)

and 5% off coupon on future orders.

18. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Twitch streamers be like...

[​IMG]