Resident Evil 7

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 14, 2016.

1. N1GhTW4lK3R

N1GhTW4lK3R Master Guru

GPU:
    SLI 980Ti
    That sounds strange, It works fine here. Try to run RE7 using Sandboxie and once it started Open Cheat Engine and load the game process. I think this might work.

Remember that you must change FOV value directly in CE and not ingame.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2017
  2. stalkerfan

stalkerfan Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD7970 Vapor-X
    I like playing it dark....so would be nice if they added the ability to use your flashlight manually....not just have it turn on when you go underground etc....would pretty much make the game awesome.

3. Marcel

Marcel Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming
    you must have strong OC because my GTX 1070 (2000 Mhz) has AVG FPS near 80 and max is 90 FPS (sometimes 100) on maximum settings from game. Only demo run near 100 FPS but full game not. I think this is not bad but 100 stable is impossible on GTX 1070 in 1440p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvfWC_y4Ld4

4. ViperXtreme

ViperXtreme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 Super Jetstream
    game is eating up all 8GB of vram when turned up high and high render resolution ratio with shadow cache :V

5. lexer98

lexer98 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 - WC
    I tried a Reshade profile with Luma Sharpen only suggested by Marcel and the game looks MUCH better now with TAA. But i have a "problem" maybe is the game if i set the scaling to 1.5, the game is a stuttering fest. 1.3 is OK.
    You people have the same "problem" ?

6. Marcel

Marcel Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming
    I have stuttering with 1.1 on 1440p. 1.3 is fine.

7. Seaclean

Seaclean Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB Gaming
    Guys why am I getting FPS drops to 5-6 (and judging from Afterburner I'm getting power % drops down to 50 from 99)?

Normally the game runs at 40-70 FPS, but there's definitely something going on.

It can happen randomly though mostly when walking around in the main hall. It persists till I reboot the game.

Spoilers:

A sure-fire way to trigger it is after I'm done watching the tape titled "Mia" where the crazy lady stalks her around the barn. When it switches back to Ethan the FPS drops to 5-6 .

Obviously I've tried turning down effects and making sure the latest graphics drivers were updated but it still happens.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2017
  8. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Dont play RE7 with Very High textures, its simple as that.

9. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    What resolution are you playing at? What in game settings are you using?
    Details are needed.

But, yes, as said above. With a GPU with only 4gb of VRam Texture detail will be the biggest cause of any stuttering or hitching you encounter.
    Even if your card is a 980, only having 4gb on it limits you to Medium textures if you don't want to deal with stuttering. High and Very High will over fill your VRam pretty quickly.
    Specially if running at a resolution higher then 1080p.

10. doktor1

doktor1 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 5700 XT
    Here is FOV trainer - download

Just start trainer, than game and in main menu pres F key for FOV you want!

All credits to CivilWolf from WSGF forum!!

[​IMG]

I set 105 FOV, (like 90 on 16:9) and tried cutscene from beggining when Mia have chainsaw and there is no problem...

16:9 90 FOV:

[​IMG]

21:9 FOV trainer 105 FOV

[​IMG]

21:9 no FOV trainer, (FOV 90 but its 75 vertical):

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 2, 2017

11. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080ti watercooled
  12. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD S. 5700XT Pulse
    Wonder if that too has to do with the 1-year VR exclusivity for the PS4 Pro although I wouldn't see the two as related and going by some of the previous posts here FOV and 21:9 are already functional via a bit of editing.

13. wrathloki

wrathloki Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980 Ti G1
    So I can't play this game. This makes me motion sick like no game ever has before. It only took about 10 minutes before I had a headache and was a nauseous, sweaty wreck. I really wish I hadn't bought this on Cdkeys.com because now I'm stuck with it. Really unfortunate considering this is one of few games that support HDR.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2017
  14. Lurk

Lurk Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1080
    wrathloki, what settings are you playing at?
    I had your same problem and found out that at 'very high' settings the game has an almost unperceivable micro-stutter, especially when turning around, that had the most ill-effect on my stomach, forcing me to quit the game after five minutes due to extreme nausea.
    I found out that by lowering everything to 'high' and locking framerate to 60, not only the game was smoother with no tangible IQ loss, but the motion-sickness effect completely disappeared and now I can comfortably play and quit only when I've had enough.

Depending on the settings your game is at, you might wanna give this a try.

15. Slam

Slam Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070 XC
    I cant really decide whether the graphics looks good, or cheesy. It's both at the same time.

That said, I bought it, and played for 4 hours straight yesterday.

SUCKS about no widescreen support for 2560x1080. That pissed me off, spending $60 on the damn thing. I guess I should have read up on that portion of the program. Lazy programmers on that one, imo.

However, still an enjoyable game.

16. blaugznis

blaugznis Member Guru

GPU:
    Gainward GTX 1060 6GB
    Some good advices here, maybe they can help you.
    https://steamcommunity.com/app/418370/discussions/0/133255957991480270/

17. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    As mentioned in that Steam thread posted above, TAA/TXAA can cause eye strain and motion sickness in some people.
    The blur it applies can mess with some peoples vision.

Try switching to SMAA in game, or using a third party program like SweetFX to sharpen the image and remove the blurry filter.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2017
  18. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    GB 2060S,Gsync,3DV2
    You know that TAA and TXAA are two different things..right?

19. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Yes.
    I've seen people comment in different games on both forms, TAA and TXAA, causing headaches and eye strain.
    So, I included both in my post.

20. wrathloki

wrathloki Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980 Ti G1
    I immediately turned TAA off and went with SMAA because I knew that ghosting effect would do me in. So it wasn't that that was causing me problems. I'm fairly certain I didn't have any micro stutter either and also had head bob turned off. Something weird going on with this game and I'm not sure what. Maybe it's the flashlight lagging behind slightly?