Resident Evil 7 @ E3?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Apr 19, 2014.

1. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
    Lmao ... but with guns and tits. :)

2. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    It's difficult not to agree that Resident Evil 6 PC was a bargain and a half considering it had a £13.85 price tag at the time of release and had several campaigns included. BUT. And I strongly stress that but, only the Leon campaign was really worthy of note IMO. Chris' being the weakest although I will openly admit I enjoyed it in split screen coop mode on PC.

I just feel Capcom spread themselves far too thin with RE6 so hopefully the won't make the same mistake with RE7.

3. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    personally i loved the story and how every campaign crossed the other ones at one point.
    my favorite was the one where you went under water and the guy was infected. dont remember which guy that was though.

4. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Ada Wong is Sexy and that is not my opinion that is fact

*__*

If Resident Evil 7 is anything like 6....

*walks away*

5. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
  6. umeng2002

umeng2002 Maha Guru

GPU:
    4080 Super
    I'm in the same boat.

I think RE4 and REmake are GOAT. Never played 2 or 3, but I played most of the rest.

7. TR2N

TR2N Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD
    This made me LoL
    :banana:

8. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Res 6 - I got to the bridge part at the start and couldnt believe what they did to RES. Uninstalled it. I tried having another go recently, but same issue.

9. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I forced myself to play RE6... I finished Leon and Chris's campaigns.
    And the game just keep getting worse. The further I got into it... with Chris's campaign being particularly awful.

I started Jake's campaign... and while it was definitely a step up from Chris... it still sucked.
    I uninstalled before finishing it and never touched Ada's campaign.

Capcom need to seriously re-evaluate the series before going forward with a 7th entry in the main series.

10. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    my favorite campaign was the one where they went under the water, cant recall which character that was though

11. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Chris

Honestly, by that point... I had already signed out. The way they turned Chris's campaign in a piss poor third person cover shooter was just pathetic.
    And the final boss of his campaign was tedious, not challenging... and not fun. Just overly drawn out and monotonous.

12. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    ah , i had that with the campaign (forgot the name), with the guy where you supposed to defend the girl.
    however i did keep playing.
    The resident evil story interests me too much to just stop. Ive seen all movies and played all games so far.

13. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    The movies.....

Please leave....

Now :bang:

jk.

Imo they are simply awful movies, Paul W S Anderson has not made a good movie since Event Horizon and even that was butchered by the classification boards and cut very heavily. The stock footage was destroyed in a fire at the production company as well so we will never get a proper release of it.

The Resi movies missed on key element. Staying true to the games, they had a recipe for perfection in the first games setup.

A small police task force get sent into the woods to find a mansion, where their previous team was investigating strange disappearances.

The film should of centered around Jill and Chris and the rest of Alpha team. Not center around Paul Anderson showing off his wife in a red dress slowmo kicking a dog in the face.

He butchered the name Resident Evil in all of those movies and now its just him showing off his wife in spandex in 3D slomo.

Have you ever read the George Romero script for the first Resi film? It was amazing! It hit every nail on the head, with a few tweaks here and there that could of been an awesome zombie movie and a nice tribute to these games.

But instead CAPCOM choose to go with a subpar director with a horrid script.

EDIT:

Here is George Romero's script in full

http://www.dailyscript.com/scripts/resident_evil_romero.html

14. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    The first movie was okay.
    I actually like it. But, once the sequels came about... just... wow. They get so bad they just outright ripoff the games cut-scenes. :p

The CGI films Degeneration and Damnation are actually pretty good though.

I love RE as a series. But, the main games have been steadily falling apart. Even "lore" wise they are way beyond reaching.
    I mean hell, they made "Neo-Umbrella" in RE6. They destroy Umbrella in RE5 only to make a new Umbrella in the next game.

The Revelations games are the only place in Resident Evil right now that I'm really excited about. The first one, while a little flawed, was awesome. And I can't wait for the second one.

15. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I thought the movies were ok, well the first two anyway.
    3 was abit dodgy and 4 was so bad i didn't bother with 5.

I've not played Revelations, but it does interest me more than RE6, just waiting until its back under £10.

16. G*addict

G*addict Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Armor OC
    I...I...

I like Resident Evil 6!

Seriously, I don't get all the hate for it.

Picked it up for £3.75 on GMG over Christmas and have just finished playing through it. With the exception of the crap first half of Chris' campaign, I really enjoyed it. It does bear little resemblance to how the series started but damn, it's a fun, bug-free, polished action/horror game that's somehow managed to re-ignite my interest in the whole franchise. Good going for a game that's supposedly a stinker.

RE5 however, really did suck.

17. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    The problem is... it's trying to be an action game.
    But the gunplay is weak, it doesn't work for the setting they are trying to build. And the game has zero horror to it.

There's no suspense. No tension. Dead Space and The Evil Within managed a solid balance of action horror. Even with TEW being more survival horror.
    RE6 goes even further into the action realm then RE5 did, but RE5's gunplay felt solid and enjoyable. RE6's doesn't.

Where RE5 was a good action game, but a weak Resident Evil... RE6 is weak on both accounts.
    This is all personal opinion, and I know some people did enjoy it. But, for me... they went the wrong direction. Specially for the fact that RE5 looks so much better. The production values on 5 look miles above and beyond 6.

I believe they need to reinvent the series if they do a 7, but they need to make sure and do it right. Bring the horror element back. Ditch the whole "team mate" concept. Dead Space 3 did it right.
    The option is there if you want to play with a friend, but you're not stuck with a crappy AI partner the entire game.

18. fragba1t

fragba1t Guest

GPU:
    GTX Strix 1060 6GB
    RE5 was my least favourite game so far, I must admit I really enjoyed 6. Leon's section was very good. I would like to see the series shift back to it's roots however.

19. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Leon's was the best of what I played. But ruined by a bland, forgettable team mate that did not add anything to the game.
    A terrible sequence in a cemetery. And, just like with Chris, a final boss that went on way too long.

20. fernake

fernake Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus strix GTX 1080 OC
    Resident Evil 4 one of the best action games I've ever played, I still remember when I first saw a demo of the journal Famitsu left me impressed, I've replayed in version HD and has not aged at all, still as fun and graphically very acceptable, a teacher, Shinji Mikami that hurts this work under the yoke of Bethestha and can not do so personal games.