Resident Evil 5 Full game on PC...

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Black_ice_Spain, Sep 15, 2009.

1. FaM

FaM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2GB GTX 560
    ps3? you mean that outdated hardware that cant match our super pc's that they marked the price down for that is a horrible console for programmers to make games for....that one?

Just messing with you. Why do you like pos3 version so much for?

2. pedropaulo

pedropaulo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD5850
    Well after an few hours of game, i´m not sure if i´m going to finish it. Honestly i´m starting to get bored due to the immensely repetitive gameplay and almost copy/paste aspects of RE4.

Maybe it gets better, after the caves, Tomb Raider deja vu, or maybe not.

Great game, but not for me.

3. Straykatt

Straykatt Maha Guru

GPU:
    3090 FE
    Ps3 and xbox360 are highschool, PC's are for the pro's. :)
    I haven't had the time to play the past few days. Can't wait to play some more. How many chapters in this game?

4. FaM

FaM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2GB GTX 560
    The cave part was really brief. Then there is a water level were you have to deal with some silly alligators. I like it....keeps me amused. I made the mistake of having an open game on my 1st try with re5, so some other guy played the chick and he was running speed rushing through it while I still didnt know all of my keyboard controls. He probably thinks im an idiot....Is there no way to voice chat or type chat to him in game?

5. death_samurai

death_samurai Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit 970 GTX jetstream
    OKay i'm finally at the last part of the game chapter 6.

The end of chapter 5 was really pretty difficult for me. I had to fight a whole host of lickers which took out so much time. The irony was the first time i played that part i actually had the chance to run through all of them but got greedy and wanted more jewels. Well i paid for that by replaying it countless number of times, anyway i got those damn jewels and killed them off without much wastage of ammo. Oh yes it was also on veteran difficulty hence it was probably quite tough.

ANyway once i complete the game i hear u can get the clubbing costumes for both of them and an evem harder difficulty called professional. I';m not replaying it again though. Once is enough. Maybe i'll find some cheat to unlock the features for those that i did not manage to unlock.

6. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Oh crap I just bought RE5. And I already own the PS3 version ahaha. It's kinda like GTA 4.. I own both. It's just that I didn't have my rig back then. ;)

I really like the game tho, online co-op that is!

7. RRRage

RRRage Banned

GPU:
    XFX GTX295/LG 21.5 inch
    Anyone going play with me? Getting bored with same weak AI. I am not going bother with random seeing I got only people joining only trying to grief me as much possibly. I have completed RE5 on ps3 btw. :p

Spoilers:

Edit: Anyone noticed that they left the cut-scene after dead. Still continue attacking dead body? For one they edited the slaugther of capture. And what is matter the game rating still 18+? Are they making 80+ as well? Goverment in Europe suck so so.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2009
  8. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    The unlocker that Death Samurai wanted, everything appears to be unlocked but I haven't tested it myself as I use a LIVE profile online and don't want to mess with that.
    (It's basically a savegame and profile with a installer or on the last page a separate manual zipped archive, needs to be that way as LIVE protects savegames and makes them profile dependant or how to say it.)

http://www.cheathappens.com/show_board2.asp?headID=88254&titleID=15523
    (Site makes subscription premium trainers but this unlocker is made by a user and available freely.)

EDIT: As for the game itself I beat it a while ago, bit short actually but I had to hurry to maintain a good rating (A on everything with a few S ranks.), unlocked pretty much everything but need to go over the levels a bit to find all emblems and then I'll need to go trough it again in under five hours or so on all "S" rank to get the last unlock.
    (Infinite RPG ammo and "rare" statue model for viewing, not much but might as well aim for 100%, speaking of aim the chaingun and bow are sure to come in handy but I much prefer the S&W '500 upgraded magnum despite it's slow rate of fire, everything down in one hit outside of bosses and with infinite ammo it's pretty much a must have, cost a lot to unlock that stuff though, hehe, not to mention having to get enough points for all other unlocks like ammo for the grenade launcher and 93' pistol and tri-shotgun plus the more normal weapons, this time I'm mowing everything down hahaha.)

(Mercenary mode still remains as well, S rank on No mercy will be quite difficult for the later stages what with the number of one hit kill enemies and new enemies like upgraded executioners and whatnot, quite a hard game if you try to go for 100% completion isn't it? hah.)

EDIT:

DX10
    [​IMG]

DX9 (Not really different from DX10, runs a bit slower but not much.)
    [​IMG]

DX9 ENB (Updated yesterday, no longer crashes on exit from what I notice.)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 19, 2009
  9. SolidMGSnake

SolidMGSnake Member

GPU:
    HIS / HD4850 IceQ4 /512mb
    Comming from the inferior PS3 version - I was very excited to play RE5 on my PC. As expected, the game really looks great. It runs very well on my 4850. 1680x1050 no AA. AF maxed. Always above 60fps. Capcoms MT framework engine is one hell of a treat for us PC gamers.

10. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Yea! And so easier to aim for heads. :D

11. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    for some reason when i load the game and hear that man saying "REEEEESIDENT EEEVVVIIL FIIIVVVVVVVEEEE".....

probably the gayest thing i heard in a while LOL :D

12. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Always been like that in RE games at the start up I think hehe

13. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I remember "Resident Evil Directors Cut" lol

14. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    yee i know haha but i never got over it in all those years, feels totally out of place and ruins the mood, i would've preferred a monster roar or something, besides the man's voice sounds like one of those salesman who won't stop bugging you until you buy something lmao

Reesideeent eviiiill fiiiiiiiiive [​IMG]

15. DSK

DSK Banned

GPU:
    HD5770/BenQ G2220HD
    I really dislike this game :(

16. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Why?

I've not started it yet and while i was a touch disappointed in the 360 one, im willing to give it a go cause i loved 1-4 and the better visuals and lack of screen tear may help.

17. DSK

DSK Banned

GPU:
    HD5770/BenQ G2220HD
    Not like the (1,2,3,cv) games not really my thing TBH.

18. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I do miss the original house labs etc and general creepiness of 1-2, and while i thought 3 was just more of the same, 4 was great fun, even if it did change the style.
    CV was ok to me, just seemed like a rip off of the first ones but with better graphics, plus the ex missus kept moaning i was on her dreamcast too much lol.
    I tend to like originality in games/movies, so like that they haven't just done more of the same over and over.

Game is still the same, walk, shoot, run, stop, shoot, run, solve some puzzles etc.... Just new locations, my biggest problem with the 360 one was it was too much like the old ones, by keeping the same dated control system, but suppose they had a reason for that.

19. KingDazza

KingDazza Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti Strix
    If you're getting a black screen during cutscenes with DX10 and AA enabled, I found turning off catalyst ai fixed it. (sorry if this has already been mentioned)

Last edited: Sep 20, 2009
  20. JPMATRIX

JPMATRIX Member Guru

GPU:
    9800GTX SLI
    People today I had to reinstall my windows 7, I backed up the save game on "user"/my documents/capcom folder and now I try to load it gives the following error:
    "the saved data appears to be damaged and could not be loaded".

I am getting F***** tired of windows live games and the way it saves its not the first time this happens in a game, why must a simple save game be protected?

Any solution for this?