Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by SirLink, Jun 20, 2007.

1. SirLink

SirLink Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 980Ti
    Just got it today! If you liked it on the other platforms this is a definat must buy! :)

2. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080, KD55XD800
    So what version is it most akin to?

I.e, are we looking at another turdy PS2 port? Or a GC port with Wii controls?

Or, God forbid, they actually did some work and done it up a bit.

3. The Chosen 1

The Chosen 1 Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 6870 MSI TwinFrozer II
    I tried the PS2 version and i loved it! and then i tried that thing for pc and talk about crap... i never saw such a crappy port. The graphics were like crap... not many options... the menu when you start resident evil 4 is just like the PS2 version ... they didn't even care about changing and since it was made in low resolutions it sucked.
    And the most amazing thing is that they didn't include some moves that were available in the PS2 version as the reloading your weapon ( you have to empty your magazine to make it reload ) and the ability to turn backwards quickly... i have never been so disapointed with a game.
    I thought " ...resident evil 4 is such a great, the PC version can't be that bad... " but talk about disapointment.
    What a big waste of money it would be if i bought it... i unninstaled after a few minutes playing.

You should be ashamed UBISOFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. The Chosen 1

The Chosen 1 Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 6870 MSI TwinFrozer II
    and no mouse support ????????? WTF???

5. Sprecker

Sprecker Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotech 680 4g
    The Wii version is supposed to be an improved version of the ps2 version. The use of the remote being the majority of the improvment. All the reviews I have read said it was the best version of the game.

6. FuLLBLeeD

FuLLBLeeD Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA nVidia 9800 GTX 512M
    They improved the textures and lighting from the GCN, but you won't notice any draw dropping difference in visuals.

7. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Gonna buy it tomorrow, I have the GC version but I hate the controller so I never finished it. I know I will love it on Wii, because the Wii controls are the best.

I suggest Scarface to people too, it's great!

8. SirLink

SirLink Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 980Ti
    Yeah the controls make it worth it alone... IMO its better than the pc... that just feels like a bad port, this feels much better.... According to Npower they redeveloped all the extra content and not just port it... :)

9. ntfx

ntfx Guest

ubisoft do resident evil? i thought it was solely capcom?

10. SirLink

SirLink Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 980Ti
    Yeah, just Capcom... :)

11. FuLLBLeeD

FuLLBLeeD Member Guru

GPU:
    I bought it online and its arriving shortly.

12. TylerTron21

TylerTron21 Guest

IT looks to be REALLY good.

Xplay say its a TADDDDDD easier, but ohh well, RE4 is hard :p

i can twait to play ! :)

13. SirLink

SirLink Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 980Ti
    it is easier to aim... the game play is the same though...

14. FuLLBLeeD

FuLLBLeeD Member Guru

GPU:
    I'm loving this game. It still looks and plays fantastic. More proof that great games last forever.

15. nightime_bird

nightime_bird Member Guru

GPU:
    7900GT SLi@560/1600Mhz (Vf900cu)
    I played the game on gamecude and ps2. amazing game in term of playstyle, not the best plot in RE series though.

16. double_cut

double_cut Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PS3/360 Elite
    I picked it up on Thursday, pretty damn good. :)

17. SirLink

SirLink Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 980Ti
    I am about 9hrs in already... love this game! I am so glad they re relased it for the wii... not just for the controls, but so i don't need a gc controller to play. wish they would do the same for the 1st remake. :) I don't want to have to use a gc controler to play a gc game, even if it doesn't use the motion sensing or pointing, I like the wii remote and nunchuck... :)

18. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Man, I got it for the Gamecube and it's soooooo much fun on the Wii. Aiming is the nicest thing ever made, since I sucked with a Gamecube controller. It's a must buy and I'm having a blast.

19. FuLLBLeeD

FuLLBLeeD Member Guru

GPU:
    I have to say, this game looks damn good. Good graphics last and this title is no exception. They did do up the textures and lighting for Wii, and there are more on screen enemies than in any other version. So they did technically improve the game, its not a straight port. Still, saying this game looks bad because its two years old is as silly as saying Half Life 2 looks bad because its two years old.

The art style in particular is gorgeous. Oh, and has decapitation with a chainsaw ever looked better?

20. ntfx

ntfx Guest

I thought that when they released Die Hard Trilogy on the psx, lol, stuck in my mind that it had amazing graphics for its time, loaded it up the other day and recoiled 12 feet across the room backwards off my chair in disgust.

spoilt my childhood memory did that.