Resident Evil 4 Remake

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by UnrealGaming, Apr 14, 2020.

1. UnrealGaming

UnrealGaming Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
  2. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Is Resident Evil 4 really old enough to justify a remake?

I mean.... there are older Resident Evil games that would actually be worth having a remake, Code Veronica....

3. UnrealGaming

UnrealGaming Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Depending on how ambitious this project is and considering it will be landing within the next gen console era, it could be a substantial improvement on the original. I can imagine having that entire island a lot more open for exploration and fleshed out with detail. Of course, depends what they do with it.

I personally would've rather had Code Veronica remade first, as well. But, it is what it is. Probably something to do with it being a mainline numbered game, with better name recognition.

Darren Hodgson likes this.
  4. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Surely, Resident Evil: Code Veronica should have been next?

Personally, I'd be more excited about that game getting the RE2/RE3 Remake treatments, especially as it still retained the fixed camera angles despite moving over to being fully 3D rendered when it came out on Dreamcast. It also has the best story IMO of all the RE games released so far.

Resident Evil 4 is a great game but despite clunky (by today's standards) third-person controls, it feels much more modern in terms of game design due to using a third-person camera. Having played so many versions of that game over the years, any remake is going to have to be really, really special to get my attention.

5. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    My favorite has got to be RE6, due to the 4 different story lines which cross each other several times. I would love to see a remake on that.
    I kinda wished they did 0 and 1 as well to make the remakes complete. lore wise , resident evil games are great, but revelation ones i did not like at all.

6. MarkyG

MarkyG Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Super
    I'd like to know how the decision was made on remaking RE4. Fan demand or sales of the game? RE4 is good. Although it's a far cry from RE1/RE2 in terms of Survival Horror, it's still a good game. Would have liked a CV remaster/remake first though.

7. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Hmmm..

8. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    If they remade it... and actually... made it better. Maybe.
    RE6 is easily my least liked in the series. They went for quantity instead of quality. Yay... 4 campaigns, and yet they are poorly done, look worse then RE5... littered with awful QTE.

Code Veronica should've been the next game to get the remaster treatment.
    But, Capcom seem determined to turn a blind eye to the game.

9. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    Veronica slots in nicely with the early Resident Evil games and they already did a prior job on REmake for Zero and the first game (Not that I wouldn't mind a RE Engine Remake of those too though...) but I can see RE4 being the next big popular game they're eyeing after REmake3 now and before Resident Evil 8 and the various leaks and rumors following that which from how much we're getting it sounds like a announcement can't be too far away. :)

Not sure how RE4 Remake will work out, I expect it to be more action focused and less slow paced perhaps condensed a bit but it's not going to go over very well for some of the fan base though the existing game will still be there as will mods and projects for that although mainly for the PC platform either directly or via efforts through emulation allowing more modding capabilities.
    (Though for RE4 I think the current Steam version is in a pretty good state even if it's not perfectly identical to the GameCube version.)

EDIT: Though the pacing and deliberate "slowness" or tactical choice between shooting, reloading or using melee attacks to set up staggers was a very big part of how the combat system was intended to be used so changes here is going to be a significant factor for the new Resident Evil 4 whatever form it takes.

Couldn't move and shoot, reloading took time as did aiming and headshots were a risk/reward deal as was using melee attacks and getting invulnerability frames or being left exposed to enemy attacks for how that could go.
    (And the game wasn't afraid to set up tough situations against larger enemy groups either even if you usually had some mobility for how to avoid being cornered.)

10. MarkyG

MarkyG Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Super
    Makes me wonder if this guy will appear in the remake... Hope so, he was great!

[​IMG]

Undying likes this.

11. Archvile82

Archvile82 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 FTW U
    If Capcom are avoiding a remake of Code Veronica, which I think it would be a shame if they did, I do not understand why have they not released it on PC yet :confused:

12. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    You are one of the rare ones liking the RE6. :p

13. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    Probably yes, but i really enjoyed it. the fact that the stories crossed each other, and you had to fight different bosses was great. have not seen that in any other game.

14. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Interesting video i remember watched not long ago about that.

15. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Did it or did it not suck is in the eye of the beholder.

16. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080
    Well I never played RE4. I've seen a lot of it though (YouTube, playthroughs, Streaming, etc). But it'd give me the opportunity to play it. Since I never played the original I'd be more inclined to wait for its Remake instead, because I never really was that interested by the original RE4. But yeah, a Remake, sure; wouldn't say not to that. I agree, however, that Code Veronica "should" have been the next one remade. I'm also surprised they decided to go for yet another Remake this soon after RE3. I'd have expected them to work on RE8 instead, considering that RE7 was a success overall.

17. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    While I know plenty of people who "enjoy" RE6, they all basically say the same thing.
    They don't like it because it's a great RE game. They can have fun with it because of how stupid and bad it is.

Hell, I think RE4 was a bad Resident Evil game. But, a great game... that I love. It just wasn't much of an RE title.
    And RE5 was an even worse RE game, a good game... but, yeah... really dumb. But well made.

RE6... was just dumb. Poorly made. Badly designed... just... a mess.

18. MarkyG

MarkyG Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Super
  19. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    bleh

All I care about is RE Village.
    I've always felt RE4 was pretty overrated. And, at this point... I don't want to see a remake of it.

Would rather see a more deserving title get that attention. Like, Code Veronica.

20. Witcher29

Witcher29 Maha Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    One of the best RE ever made in my opinion RE4.