Resident Evil 3 Remake

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by MarkyG, Dec 3, 2019.

1. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    Rel date is still 3rd April. So no the Game was not rlsd at midnight. Dunno midnight in 3 hours. But dont gmg always send when it’s rlsd? Afaik they never send out keys so early.

2. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    I got mine earlier this morning.

3. MyEinsamkeit

MyEinsamkeit Member Guru

GPU:
    Radeon Pro W5500
    Tell you one thing, this game runs very smooth. Runs perfectly fine on my WX 4100 Workstation GPU, at 1080p dx12, high settings. Had to set rendering to interlaced instead of normal because of my 4GB limit. This game is really good though, looking forward to the release.

4. Archvile82

Archvile82 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 FTW U
    Big resi fan but knowing content has been cut has deflated my hype for it. Still will play though it over the weekend, just a shame im just not feeling the buzz like I did with the last games.

Well only ones I didn't really like we're 5 & 6, didn't even complete 6.

I'm sure this one will be much better than both of those.

5. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Is it true that the pre-order bonus, the original clothes design... is not actually the top and skirt?

*edit*

Now I understand, it's the skirt, they are actually shorts... not a skirt.. yeah that's going to make people angry.

That's kind of shitty, why would they advertise that as the original design... that's crap.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2020
  6. HellSpawn2097

HellSpawn2097 Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus ROG GTX1070 8G
    Blame #metoo?

7. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    There's a nemesis meme to make here but I can't be bothered....

8. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080
    Don't worry, the modding community will take care of that, if it's not already done. There's some pretty sick costumes for RE2 Remake out there that have superb quality to them just on par with Capcom stuff (if not better). And no I'm not referring to the ridiculous lewd stuff. I'm sure someone will make a skirt mod for Jill.

9. jwb1

jwb1 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 2080 Ti
    Cash grab game. Wait for a deep sale.

10. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    You know, the original RE3 was really short when compared to RE2.
    So... is it really that surprising that RE3's remake is shorter then RE2's remake?

And hell, I'm still annoyed with how RE2 butchered it's A and B campaigns.

11. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Considering all the cut content I would imagine it's even shorter than the original RE3...... I guess this is what video game remakes have become.

:<

12. slick3

slick3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    I'm still undecided between this and Mount & Blade 2.

13. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080
    The original RE3 took me maybe 7 hours, maybe. All I remember is finishing it in one rental (2 days max). Not one sitting, but maybe the next day and it was done. With this said, this time around they could have fleshed it out a lot more and added length to it. But they would have had to canonize new things, new events to make that extra length meaningful. They can't just add streets after streets full of zombies just to pump up the game's length; that's why the multiplayer mode (REsistance) is there.

The only thing I don't like is how quickly this remake came out after RE2 Remake. They barely had a single year of full time development on it. In today's big budget gaming industry it's just a blink of an eye; not much can be accomplished. Not sure why they really 'pushed' RE3 Remake's development like that. My guess is of course due to RE2 Remake's big success they wanted to get their cash reward out of RE3 as fast as possible but... why? It's the RE franchise. It doesn't need to prove anything to anyone. That's a bit like if suddenly for the next Mortal Kombat game they'd go like "Quick! MK11 worked, let's make sure we push MK12 for 2021 before people forget about this franchise!". Doesn't make sense to me.

Even in terms of sales, it'd still have worked and people would still have bought it if it had been released in 2021 (and not even after a delay, I'm saying even if the initial release date was for next year, and by now we'd only seen maybe some teasers of it). The original RE3, ironically enough, was also rushed and only came out about a year and a half after the release of the original RE2. This time around the gap in time between RE2 Remake and RE3 Remake is even shorter than it was at the time by a couple of months actually. So yes, they absolutely wanted this remake out as soon as possible... but I still can't get why they wanted to push this one out like that.

Now... what IS in the game right now is good. I like it. It's RE3, it's a short game like the original. That in itself can be viewed as a negative and I get why. I'm not a fan of this either, it could have been at least a bit more than what it is. The argument is that this is a Remake, not a Remaster. So yeah, they COULD have fleshed it out a more exactly because the original was a rushed-out game. So in the end I guess just like the original RE3 was, the Remake will be divisive. Some people will like it just fine, some will hate it; with very little in between. In my case, I actually really enjoyed the original and I like what I've seen from the Demo playthroughs I've watched. I haven't bought this one yet but I do plan to get it within the next week or so.

14. Archvile82

Archvile82 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 FTW U
    Visually the game looks stunning with max settings and HDR enabled.

Enjoying the game more than I thought I would but hate Nemesis, so bloody annoying lol.

15. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Go with Bannerlord, RE3 asking price is not worth it, pick it up in the future when it has a more realistic price for what it is.

16. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
  17. Aresaurio

Aresaurio New Member

GPU:
    1660 ti
    yo guys, If you like challenge runs. I just made a No Save No Damage run on Nightmare difficulty, it also works as a tutorial cuz I try to explain everything that happens on that difficulty: