Resident Evil 3 Remake

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by MarkyG, Dec 3, 2019.

1. MarkyG

MarkyG Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Super
    Kolt likes this.
  2. Witcher29

Witcher29 Maha Guru

GPU:
    1080 Ti Gaming X
    Same its the shittiest in the serie but then again now in third person it might be actually good :)
    I still hope they make a proper remake of RE4 with the RE2 remake engine its the best RE of all times in my opinion.

3. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1080Ti AMP
    Fun fact, RE3 only exists because CAPCOM signed a deal with Sony for the PS1 that they would have 3 main series RE titles for the system. Code Veronica was intended to be the 3rd entry but was being worked on for the Dreamcast, so rather than retool the whole game for PS1 which would of been a massive downgrade they started work on what we know as RE3 and it shows as the game can be completed within 4-6 hours and reuses a lot of assets from RE2. Also, the Nemesis was only created to make players scared and play the really short game slower and have to backtrack to avoid him, artificially increasing the length of the game. They also added in the mixing of gun powder to further increase the length of the game.

Anyway, I am hyped, they could do so much more with the new engine. The Carlos character was meant to be fully playable and the game was meant to come on 2 disks like RE2 did but Sony wanted the title for holiday 1999 so CAPCOM cut his entire scenario. They also didn't want the game to come out after Code Veronica as it would of hurt sales on RE3.

Still, I think RE3 as we know it should of just been included with RE2 as both games occur at the same time, and RE3 was so short but with this now being its own game we could get a much more fleshed out game.

Undying likes this.
  4. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 8Gb
    Good to know it's happening. I really enjoyed the remake of 2, so I hope this follows in its footsteps (or is even better).

cerebus23 likes this.

5. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    I never played Resident Evil 3 except for perhaps a demo from a PlayStation magazine cover CD as it was released between me moving from the first Sony console to an Nintendo 64 so I missed out on it. By the time I got my first gaming PC the game was so old that I just never bothered with it and my next Resident Evil experience was the superb (and still my favourite to this day) Code: Veronica on Dreamcast.

I would hope with this game getting a remake that Code: Veronica will also get the remastered/remake treatment as it is still not available on PC as far as I am aware. I always thought that was odd as Xbox 360 and PlayStation 2/3 also got the game (and GameCube/Wii as well, I believe) but despite being the first fully 3D entry in the series it never came out on PC.

6. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    I liked the re3 back then, maybe more the first two. Im glad its gonna be remaked.

7. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    RE3 is... okay. I liked it, but it wasn't as good as RE2.

As for a remake, I loved the RE2:REmake. Though, I was really disappointed with how they handled the A/B story.
    In the original game, A and B were different campaigns. Different paths, experiences, bosses... and only one campaign had Mr. X in it. in the remake, they are basically the same path... with a couple different areas. But, same bosses, same encounters... and both have Mr. X in them.
    It felt cheap. As if Capcom put everything into the campaign, then remembered... oh damn, there's supposed to be two different campaigns. And slapped a B campaign together really quickly.

Good thing, RE3 just has the one campaign. So, there's little chance of it being botched in such a manor.
    Now, so long as they don't overdo Nemesis... which, they kind of did with Mr. X. I enjoyed fighting him, and he added a lot of tension to the game. But, they leaned on him really heavily to add difficulty.

8. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1080Ti AMP
    RE3 was originally meant to have two scenarios and two character like RE2. With the characters being Jill and Carlos. RE2 was basically restarted from scratch after being nearly 80%+ complete (this became dubbed RE1.5) this added another year to the dev time, they were also working on Code Veronica for the Dreamcast which was meant to be RE3 but CAPCOM had a deal with Sony that they would release 3 main series titles for the PS1. So RE3 was rushed out the door in less than 9 months and the game was cut down to 1 character and 1 scenario. They didn't want this game to come out after Code Veronica as it would look much worse and be much shorter leading to bad reviews. They also added in the Nemesis to make players play slow, and added in mixing of gun powder to increase the length of the game. Not to mention you die a lot quicker in RE3 than other games and herbs are really scarce making it harder. If you know the game it can be completed within 4-6 hours or even 3-4 hours (speedrunners can do it in under 1 hour).

I hope with the success of RE2 remake this gets a bigger budget and a bigger team, and they create the game they wanted to create in the first place.

9. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Starting a thread on Guru3D by linking to a NeoGAF thread....... wtf xD