Resident Evil 3 Remake

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by MarkyG, Dec 3, 2019.

1. MarkyG

MarkyG Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Super
    Kolt likes this.
  2. Witcher29

Witcher29 Maha Guru

GPU:
    1080 Ti Gaming X
    Same its the shittiest in the serie but then again now in third person it might be actually good :)
    I still hope they make a proper remake of RE4 with the RE2 remake engine its the best RE of all times in my opinion.

3. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1080Ti AMP
    Fun fact, RE3 only exists because CAPCOM signed a deal with Sony for the PS1 that they would have 3 main series RE titles for the system. Code Veronica was intended to be the 3rd entry but was being worked on for the Dreamcast, so rather than retool the whole game for PS1 which would of been a massive downgrade they started work on what we know as RE3 and it shows as the game can be completed within 4-6 hours and reuses a lot of assets from RE2. Also, the Nemesis was only created to make players scared and play the really short game slower and have to backtrack to avoid him, artificially increasing the length of the game. They also added in the mixing of gun powder to further increase the length of the game.

Anyway, I am hyped, they could do so much more with the new engine. The Carlos character was meant to be fully playable and the game was meant to come on 2 disks like RE2 did but Sony wanted the title for holiday 1999 so CAPCOM cut his entire scenario. They also didn't want the game to come out after Code Veronica as it would of hurt sales on RE3.

Still, I think RE3 as we know it should of just been included with RE2 as both games occur at the same time, and RE3 was so short but with this now being its own game we could get a much more fleshed out game.

Archvile82 and Undying like this.
  4. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 8Gb
    Good to know it's happening. I really enjoyed the remake of 2, so I hope this follows in its footsteps (or is even better).

cerebus23 likes this.

5. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    I never played Resident Evil 3 except for perhaps a demo from a PlayStation magazine cover CD as it was released between me moving from the first Sony console to an Nintendo 64 so I missed out on it. By the time I got my first gaming PC the game was so old that I just never bothered with it and my next Resident Evil experience was the superb (and still my favourite to this day) Code: Veronica on Dreamcast.

I would hope with this game getting a remake that Code: Veronica will also get the remastered/remake treatment as it is still not available on PC as far as I am aware. I always thought that was odd as Xbox 360 and PlayStation 2/3 also got the game (and GameCube/Wii as well, I believe) but despite being the first fully 3D entry in the series it never came out on PC.

6. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    I liked the re3 back then, maybe more the first two. Im glad its gonna be remaked.

7. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    RE3 is... okay. I liked it, but it wasn't as good as RE2.

As for a remake, I loved the RE2:REmake. Though, I was really disappointed with how they handled the A/B story.
    In the original game, A and B were different campaigns. Different paths, experiences, bosses... and only one campaign had Mr. X in it. in the remake, they are basically the same path... with a couple different areas. But, same bosses, same encounters... and both have Mr. X in them.
    It felt cheap. As if Capcom put everything into the campaign, then remembered... oh damn, there's supposed to be two different campaigns. And slapped a B campaign together really quickly.

Good thing, RE3 just has the one campaign. So, there's little chance of it being botched in such a manor.
    Now, so long as they don't overdo Nemesis... which, they kind of did with Mr. X. I enjoyed fighting him, and he added a lot of tension to the game. But, they leaned on him really heavily to add difficulty.

8. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1080Ti AMP
    RE3 was originally meant to have two scenarios and two character like RE2. With the characters being Jill and Carlos. RE2 was basically restarted from scratch after being nearly 80%+ complete (this became dubbed RE1.5) this added another year to the dev time, they were also working on Code Veronica for the Dreamcast which was meant to be RE3 but CAPCOM had a deal with Sony that they would release 3 main series titles for the PS1. So RE3 was rushed out the door in less than 9 months and the game was cut down to 1 character and 1 scenario. They didn't want this game to come out after Code Veronica as it would look much worse and be much shorter leading to bad reviews. They also added in the Nemesis to make players play slow, and added in mixing of gun powder to increase the length of the game. Not to mention you die a lot quicker in RE3 than other games and herbs are really scarce making it harder. If you know the game it can be completed within 4-6 hours or even 3-4 hours (speedrunners can do it in under 1 hour).

I hope with the success of RE2 remake this gets a bigger budget and a bigger team, and they create the game they wanted to create in the first place.

9. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Starting a thread on Guru3D by linking to a NeoGAF thread....... wtf xD

10. scaredchimp

scaredchimp Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX970 SLI

11. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    [​IMG]

need want..

[​IMG]

*edit*

*editit*

Last edited: Dec 10, 2019
    cerebus23 and MarkyG like this.
  12. MarkyG

MarkyG Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Super
    Looks pretty awesome. Interesting that Capcom outsourced this, what with it being a very precious game from the franchise. Hoping it's at least as good as RE2 remake.

13. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080
    Looks amazing. And seems like they're using the same engine they used for RE2 Remake (which is the one they used for RE7 I think, correct me if I'm wrong), which is a good thing. I can't wait, I really liked RE3 at the time. It was shorter, perhaps a bit easier too, and more focused on action over survival but I still appreciated it probably because it wasn't too long. It felt - to me - like a breath of fresh air at the time.

I'm really curious to see how they're going to handle Nemesis in that one. I only hope that he's not going to be as 'cheap' as Mr. X in the Remake. I loved the Remake, overall, but I sort of disliked Mr. X's behaviors and gameplay patterns. It was cheap that he could just teleport off-screen and didn't dynamically "search" for you physically going everywhere (everywhere he could have, that is). It'd go silent for some time and suddenly there's footsteps a few meters away out of nowhere (that's when he teleports in your vicinity). I'm worried that they basically used the A.I. code from Mr. X for Nemesis and only slightly modified it, and that Nemesis will basically do the same and teleport around and just appear at very specific scripted moments, giving you a badly-executed illusion that he's "chasing" you or "looking" for you.

I wouldn't mind some moments of respite where you're safe from his presence and can manage your items and inventory of course. But if he just teleports around to catch up on you because you were too clever to find your way around faster than that's just bad overall game layout design with a cheap workaround from the Devs as a form of 'checkmate' against the player if things go too much in favor of the player. What I'd like to see is a genuine Nemesis, per se, that one single enemy that regularly puts pressure on you just by being present around and dynamically moving about and pushing things and objects around, making ragdoll'ed objects falling and even attracting generic zombies in his vicinity by doing noise, opening or just breaking doors around even if it's a story above or below you, without teleporting and actually going around hallways and going up or downstairs and breaking walls to create shortcuts whenever possible (breaking walls would be done at scripted locations of course, I'm not expecting the engine nor the devs to allow environmental destruction; that's not what an RE game is nor should be about).

The main reason why I'm concerned about their handling of Nemesis in a possibly 'cheap' way similarly to Mr. X is simply because RE3 Remake will be released WAY too soon after RE2 Remake, in my opinion. Let's remember that RE2 Remake was released this very year in January. They weren't even sure if they'd make a remake for RE3 at that point. The success of course was pretty clear from the start and they looked at the sales and numbers and probably gave the green light for RE3 Remake soon after. But even if they did start working on RE3 Remake around March of this year (this is just my own estimation) it'd mean that they only had a single year of time to work on nothing less than a remake for RE3. And that, to me, is worrying. There's only so much you can do in this industry with a big production like that in just one year of work even if you have a great team and a lot of money to make it. It's still just one year. So I'm 100% convinced that shortcuts will have to be made. This, in all honesty, feels very much like the classic EA behavior after one of their team makes something, it sells enough for a sequel and they 'order' it from that team for the next fiscal year to be out. I absolutely hope that Capcom knows what they're doing by releasing RE3 Remake just a year after their success story.

14. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    If they remake Dino Crysis as well then I will be 100% happy...

:B

CPC_RedDawn likes this.
  15. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB

16. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1080Ti AMP
    YES PLEASE!!!!

17. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    It looks like it might really come true, Capcom have filed trademarks for Dino Crisis, and also something I am not familiar with called Power Stone.

18. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    capcom seems to have the remake thing down.

19. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
  20. coc

coc Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 970 SC
    cool. adding it to my Steam list.

although i liked the RE2 this year, i enjoyed RE Biohazard much more.
    guess im a minority on this matter.