1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Resident Evil 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 12, 2018.

1. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Trio
    Wow, cool game! Runs like a dream at most max settings.
    And 21:9 support too :>

2. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Gaming X
    It never occured in RotTR or Dying Light and i was using a GTX970(3.5GB + 0.5GB) with 16GB RAM. 8GB RAM and GTX970, RotTR was unplayable with Ultra textures.

3. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Odd indeed. So did turning ss off let you use all available memory?

4. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970 Mini, KD55XD800

5. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    Rotr didnt stutter for me either on 780gtx 3gb ultra texture, but it did eat a lot of system ram ~10-11gb in worst case.. now at 980ti it's literally 3gb less system ram.. so 7-8gb..

I just downloaded re2 demo will see how it goes :)

Undying likes this.
  6. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080ti watercooled
    with that trainer i got to roam the game as i wanted , now that C4 thing was i suppose to blow it up or was it just there untouchable ? gun shots didn't work on it

7. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970 Mini, KD55XD800
    from what i've read the 30 minute demo is pretty much the whole game, there's not much outside it, wouldn't surprise me if they've disabled loads of game objects to prevent progression

8. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    The demo is less than 8GB. There's no way that's even close to the entire game

9. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Yeah, the full game is said to be around 26gig.
    People tend to forget that RE2 is not just the police station. There's the streets, the undergound labs... and new areas have been added to this version. Such as the orphanage.

10. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    Well it ran fine even when I selected 8GB textures @ 2880x1620p DSR, although I played only in dx11 and not a single hickup or stutter.. Vram was mostly at ~ 5-2- 5.8GB, system ram never over 6GB. Rest of the settings somewhat @ max, except shadows high and volumetric lights medium, for performance reasons and no real visual difference in quality.. also blur off, that said I hoovered ~ 70-80fps, rare drop to 65ish or so during cutscenes.

Expected it to run much worse, shame TAA blurs so much, had to use SMAA with some shimmer, even at 150% >> 1620p DSR.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Wish it lasted 1hr, barely managed to explore a bit, made it to some attic, with skipped cutscenes and rushing trough.

AsiJu and Darren Hodgson like this.

11. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    I played it on PS4 instead ( :p ) .. really didn't like the 30 mins limit as I had to hurry up. Tension became annoying and an obstacle instead. I kinda lost interest. I'll check it out on yt after release and decide again.

12. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080ti watercooled
    man DX12 kills almost 25fps for me compared to DX11

damn that was shocking to see

13. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    It will be interesting see if thats the case with Amd cards or otherway around like in tomb raider.

14. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080ti watercooled
    SOTR was fine on DX12 , BFV and others were not

15. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Just finished the demo, which was awesome.
    Though... annoying. The end time said I finished it in 21 minutes. Go back to play some more... said I had 3 minutes of time left to play.

I mean, I know they've changed math since I was in school.... but... 21 + 3 does not equal 30.

tensai28 likes this.

16. sertopico

sertopico Master Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080Ti OC
    There's the trainer for that. :D

17. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    30 minute 1-shot demo on PC is silly when people could feasibly be spending 5-10 minutes tweaking various graphics settings to get the game to run well on lower spec hardware. After all, the whole point of a demo on complicated hardware like the PC is to check how it performs - a godsend in this age of half-broken Day One releases - but if you waste too much time on that then there’s less time to actually play it.

*EDIT*
    The game counter pauses when it the menus, including graphics settings, so you can at least tweak to heart's content. Still would have preferred a conventional demo without a time-limit.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
  18. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix

And yes there is a means to bypass the artificial time limit of the demo.

19. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    After playing the demo , which i completed BTW :D , i must say I'm a bit disappointed.
    Graphics wise the game looks pretty bland, besides blood splatter there is no gore in there like being able to blow zombie heads off, in fact you can shoot as many times as you want and there will still be the same blood splatter without any blood leaking on the floor.
    there is no use of special effects to spice it up like fog or shadow effect so things become creepy. There is just lack of creative content. despite the technological limitations that the original RE2 had, it created more tense like the door sequences . also corridors were darker. and there are less zombies then the original game. instead they made the choice that zombies are able to rise again , but if there is only one or two max, it doesn't really compare to when there were so many more in the original.
    I even missed the voice saying Resident Evil 2 when you start the game lol

20. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapp. RX Vega 64 LC

It says you only have 0.11gb of graphics memory there, mine says ive only got 3.93gb, so im hoping thats just a bug, and the final release is fine.

I only managed to get the first medallion, and through to the next room via the shutter, which you need the knife for :p

No, just booted it back up there to try, with it all off, as can still fiddle with the options, but a no go, still says ive only 3.93gb.

At least its better than Tjs 0.11 :eek: :D