1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Resident Evil 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 12, 2018.

1. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2080Ti Trio
    Finished the Leon story and it was really great! I'm really happy I bought this game, totally worth it.
    Now, some say it's tedious to do the 2nd playthrough, I'm not sure what to do actually.

BangTail likes this.
  2. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    I have finished the Leon "A" story, and I'm currently playing the Claire "B" story...

And, I have one complaint with the game.
    The A/B scenario no longer works. The B side feels incredibly rushed. I mean, I loved the Orphanage and the Chief's office stuff being limited to Claire. But, they are no longer two stories happening at the same time.
    It feels poorly done, and copy/pasted.

Why is Claire fighting William G in the same places, the exact same way Leon did? Why did I have to put out the fire on the crashed helicopter that Leon already put out?
    Who went behind Leon and put the Chess styled plugs in the sewer back where they were before Leon found them?

The A campaign is great (even if it does completely change how Tyrant was in the original). And I loved it. But, I can say I am disappointed that the B side is not it's own thing. That's it feels like a quick rush job to get the game finished.
    I would've rather they released the A campaign as RE2 Episode 1, then released the B campaign as Episode 2... just to give it more time and really give us the classic RE2 feel of the two stories happening at the same time.

Also.
    Why the hell can't Leon of Claire actually run?
    Seriously. Either one, walking down a hallway... there's Mr X charging at you ready to crush your head... "OH MY GOD! I'm gonna die. Time for a nice relaxing job."

Netherwind, BangTail and millibyte like this.
  3. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    Christ, I ran around backtracking, or so I thought, and took a corner and there was a zombie right there.
    Almost shat myself!

In other words probably GOTY

Also just did my first boss fight (Leon), not too bad at all!

BangTail likes this.
  4. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    hard mode is, well ; hard. one bite and your health is red one. i understand enemies are deadlier but at least let my bullets do more damage :(

5. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    HOW TO DODGE ZOMBIES.

6. coc

coc Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 970 SC
    all i can about this game.. its a blast. played around 4 hours on the weekend, im gonna
    keep going tonight.

BangTail and AsiJu like this.
  7. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    I can't even read that yellow text, I had to highlight it.. and I'm not even color blind. xD

8. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    So... free DLC this Friday.
    Wonder how these added stories will play out.

cerebus23 likes this.
  9. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 8Gb
    Well, the main course was well done, let's hope the appetisers are well done as well.

10. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB

11. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    the internet never lets me down bravo!

12. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    Damn, needs Military outfit... :p

13. Zenoth

Zenoth Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080
    Nic- oh it's for Claire. C'mon modders get to work on Mr X.

scatman839 likes this.
  14. Geryboy

Geryboy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080ti AMP Zotac
    I want Mr. X to be a giant singing avocado.

15. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Just finished my 2nd playthrough.

What a game :D

Can't wait for the RE3 remake, these guys are really doing this franchise justice, the last two games have been incredibly good and so true to the franchise.

16. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    So GOTY consideration? this is a remake of a game not a unique game though this is a remake on a totally different scale to what you typically get of these things also. I bet most of the assets in game are different to the playstation 2 release.

But i have seen debate as to if it should be considered being here that so many love it what do you all think GOTY contender? Or just an amazing remake of an amazing classic?

BangTail likes this.
  17. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Well, for me at the least, GOTY applies to any game that is released in a given year with the only exception being remasters of existing games (which RE2 is not).

With that criteria in mind, it is definitely a GOTY contender.

18. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    It's a great game, but, at this moment... there's nothing else to really judge it against.
    RE2 was the first big title released this year. So... yeah, right now... easy GOTY. But, it's also... the only real game of the year. ;)

BangTail likes this.
  19. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    See i would not consider remakes or remasters new games typically. Like last year i loved yakuza zero but it was a "hd" pc release of a classic game. re2 remaster though does do a ton more than yakuza did. dark souls remaster was so meh no way in hell could i think of that as a "new" game.

So i guess my thinking here is that a remaster can put enough work in to be its own unique thing in some circumstances. Like if you recode a piece of software there is a certain amount of the code you have to change for it to qualify as its own unique piece of software and can be copyrighted and protected as yours.

But you all seem to be arguing for a much laxer standard that literally does not matter how much or how little work a remaster is when it comes out it should be considered equally among games. Right?

BangTail likes this.
  20. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX VEGA 56
    Yakuza 0 wasn't a re release of an old game.
    It was justa a port of a PS3(Japan Only)/PS4 game.
    It's also, a new game, not a remaster.

For Resident Evil 2, this is NOT a remaster. It's a remake and a re-imaging of an old game.

BangTail likes this.