ReShade - Advanced post-processing everywhere (SweetFX)

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by CeeJay.dk, Nov 30, 2014.

1. kgonepostl

kgonepostl Member

GPU:
    asus r9 290 dcu II
    Try it, maybe, just make note of what sweetfx files to delete if it doesn't. From what I understand ACU support is a hit and miss at the moment, some have gotten it to work, some haven't gotten it to work. I haven't gotten it to work. It's important to know that this is a beta, and Crosire is working his ass off to fix all these bugs at the moment :)

2. boykimma

boykimma Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GeForce GTX 660 2GB
    can anyone help me?:(

3. acknowledge

acknowledge Guest

GPU:
    nvidia GTX-660/970
    Has anyone notice that the advanced CRT won't work when enable it? Log says
    "25/01/2015 23:06:38,768 | ERROR | Failed to compile effect on context 037D0A38:

D:\game\others\Directx 9 image viewer - reshade\SweetFX\Shaders\AdvancedCRT.h(28, 7): error X3000: syntax error, unexpected floating point literal, expecting identifier or symbol name

compilation failed with 1 errors.".

4. Brogan

Brogan Guest

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    Sweetfx is still a beta?

Honestly, all I wanted to do is enable SMAA in AC:Unity to see if it performs any better than the FXAA they provide. And I've seen posts from November saying people are in fact using it, so I'm not sure if this ReShade thing is even what I'm looking for.

I guess I'll just hold off for now.

5. crazyturtle

crazyturtle Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GT 750M 2gb
    Since overlay programs won't do the job, is there anyway to lock fps with Reshade / Sweetfx?

Last edited: Jan 25, 2015
  6. Wicked_Sick

Wicked_Sick Guest

GPU:
    GTX 480
    What do you mean, Crazyturtle?

Have you disabled SSAA with a cfg file? Sinde times of yore, SFX had a read with a few steps needed to allow SFX to work with this game.
    In case you haven't seen it yet, here's what is written there:

http://pastebin.com/ici3rT2F

EDIT:

"here's what is written there"

Is that right? lol

Last edited: Jan 26, 2015
  7. kgonepostl

kgonepostl Member

GPU:
    asus r9 290 dcu II
    You can download the latest version using this link:
    https://bit.ly/ReShadeBeta-0-13-2-SweetFX

The official website for reshade is www.reshade.me the most updated version is in the download section. Give the latest version a try!

IMPORTANT: Has anybody created a preset for Rage? I don't have the talent to make my own, if you have created one, please share it with me!@

Last edited: Jan 26, 2015
  8. jackie

jackie Guest

GPU:
    Thank goodness somebody has brought this up!
    As everybody knows, vsync causes horrible input lag without an fps cap.

The simple solution for DX9 apps is to use SweetFX(Boulotaur)+ENB to cap the framerate to 1-fps less than the monitor refresh rate like this:
    1. Rename ENB(SkyrimPatch96) to d3d9_enb.dll.
    2. Place d3d9_enb.dll into game's .exe folder along with SweetFX(Boulotaur).
    3. In SweetFX(Boulotaur) SweetFX_settings.txt, replace "none" with "d3d9_enb.dll" for the external d3d9 hook.
    4. Alter ENB config to cap the fps at 1 less than your monitor refresh rate. (i.e. 60Hz monitor = 59fps cap)
    5. Enjoy DX9 app with vsync enabled but no lag. :)

The problem is that there is no equivalent fps cap .dll for DX10/11. :(
    If SweetFX had an fps cap function for DX9,10,11 included it would make a lot of frustrated gamers very happy. :D

P.S. A simple fps counter in the corner would be great too.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2015
  9. kgonepostl

kgonepostl Member

GPU:
    asus r9 290 dcu II
    Can this method be used with the new Reshade files?

10. crazyturtle

crazyturtle Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GT 750M 2gb

I use MSI Afterburner to lock my FPS so my games stops fluctuating between 30 - 60 fps.

But since MSI Afterburner is an overlay program (which sweetfx doesn't like) i cant lock my fps with it.

Just need to know if there's another way to lock my fps.

11. jackie

jackie Guest

GPU:
    I don't think Reshade has an external hooking function yet, but you can use the ENB stock d3d9.dll and enable its proxy library function to hook Reshade after it. Reshade doesn't work on Skyrim with my GPU so I didn't get to try it that way.

I did try hooking both ways with SweetFX(Boulotaur) though:
    1. ENB --> SweetFX(Boulotaur)
    2. SweetFX(Boulotaur) --> ENB

There may be no actual measurable difference, but it seemed like I was happier when I used the external hooking function in SweetFX(Boulotaur) rather than using ENB proxy. (Of course this will only work on DX9 games/apps though)

I absolutely love SweetFX but I can't stand screen tearing and there is currently no simple solution for DX10/11 games. If SweetFX had an fps limiter + counter built into it then it would take a giant leap forward into being an essential tool for gamers.

12. Wicked_Sick

Wicked_Sick Guest

GPU:
    GTX 480

Ah, I see. Long ago when I had a Nvida card, I could set my refresh rate to half of my hertz, 30. With AMD, I guess that can be done using something called Radeon Pro.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2015
  13. HiCZoK

HiCZoK Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX1060 6GB G1
    Sure but RadeonPro is hard to hook up at the same time as sweetfx

14. jackie

jackie Guest

GPU:
    Actually, I have never been able to get RadeonPro to work myself and after checking the web for possible fixes I discovered that other people were having problems getting it working too. The developer of RadeonPro also announced in March-2014 that development was discontinued indefinitely.

But this is all just sidestepping the issue anyway. Why does SweetFX need to rely on 3rd party programs like ENB, etc. to add a missing feature when it could simply be included in SweetFX to begin with? As much as I love the post-processing of SweetFX, fixing vsync input lag is a more critical priority. After all, what good is a pretty game if it lags?

Please understand that I am only making a suggestion on how to dramatically improve the current SweetFX. Maybe CeeJay & Crosire have already planned to put a fps limiter in the new SweetFX+Reshade. I sure hope so, because it would make things a lot easier than the current situation with regards to vsync.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2015
  15. kgonepostl

kgonepostl Member

GPU:
    asus r9 290 dcu II
    I agree, v-sync support is a MUST, if Crosire could somehow implement v-sync control, that would be epic

16. jackie

jackie Guest

GPU:
    Off the top of my head, I can think of several performance features that I wish were in SweetFX:
    1. FPS Limiter + FPS Counter (CRITICAL fix for vsync input lag)
    2. Force Triple Buffering (Fix for vsync behavior that causes 60fps to 30fps drop when framerate dips below 60)
    3. Force Vsync On/Off (Catalyst supposedly has this control but it has never worked for me)
    4. Force Texture LOD (This feature was removed from Catalyst starting with 13.1)

Of course I realize that options 2,3,4 would require overriding the display driver and would be much more difficult to implement.
    However, fixing vsync input lag is dead easy since it only requires the ability to limit the fps. :)

P.S. Update regarding SweetFX(Boulotaur) to ENB(SkyrimPatch96) input lag fix:
    Although I don't have any hard numbers to report, I discovered that when I limited fps in Skyrim with
    ENBoost(Fallout3Patch203) to SweetFX(Boulotaur),
    it seemed to have even less input latency than my previous configuration did. :D

Last edited: Jan 29, 2015
  17. Wicked_Sick

Wicked_Sick Guest

GPU:
    GTX 480
  18. HiCZoK

HiCZoK Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX1060 6GB G1
    All I need on most of my games are:
    Fxaa/Smaa + sometimes downsampling but very rarely
    Sharpening
    hdr and some other tweaks like vibrance
    Frame Limiter and vsync/tb forcing. using fraps for counter but would love built in fps counter and cpu/gpu temps.

I've had all that in radeonpro but it's discontinued and have trouble with 64bit or dx11 compatibility
    Sweetfx covers most of what I need and since there is 64bit version thanks to bolotaur it's all covered.
    But I have no idea what to use for frame limiter and vsync+tb forcing. (amd card)

btw. What is the newest ultimate version of sweetfx ? Or do I still need separate 32 and 64bit versions? I've been out of the loop for couple of months so sorry for irritating question ;)

19. jackie

jackie Guest

GPU:
    The last SweetFX(Boulotaur) build is dated 2013-06-01 and includes separate 32bit & 64bit versions of the d3d9.dll & dxgi.dll injectors.
    (All the "newer" versions are just shader updates that other people have added into the 2013-06-01 build's text-based files.)

I also mainly use SweetFX for CeeJay's wonderful Lumasharpen shader and color correction. Of course the main reason I use Boulotaur's version is because it includes 64bit support along with an external hooking function. That has allowed me more versatility in deciding how to hook up ENB as a fix for vsync input lag in DX9 games. Besides the fact that it only works for DX9 games, it seems kind of silly that people are forced to rely on an outside program to limit fps when it could easily be included in the SweetFX build.

Obviously some stranger could write an external fps limiter that could be hooked to SweetFX, but it isn't really a good practice to run code from somebody that you don't know at all. The best & safest solution would be if CeeJay or Boulotaur added a fps limiter+counter directly into the SweetFX injector themselves.

I realize that CeeJay is focused on working with Reshade at the moment but it would be awesome if Boulotaur temporarily came back out of retirement to add a fps limiter+counter into his 2013-06-01 build. :)

Last edited: Jan 31, 2015
  20. Marcel

Marcel Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming
    hello,

is possible set DOF Reshade/MasterEffect without blurring menu/HUD ?

This shot is with "magic DOF" but every DOF from master effect blurred more than only background.

"top of the image"

[​IMG]

"menu"

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 1, 2015