1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Resetting NvHardPage

Discussion in 'nVHardPage' started by Solinari, Sep 16, 2007.

1. Solinari

Solinari Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI N560GTX-Ti Twin Frozr
    I loaded up Bf2 and decided to turn off Anti-Aliasing and i lowered a couple of settings to medium. I went on a server and it looked terrible, so i put the settings back but it didn't make any difference. I decided to reinstall Bf2 but still it didn't help, then i tried a System Restore, and again nothing.

Then i remembered i played about with NV Hard Page yesterday because i noticed it in this forum. I just went in to it there and used the 'Performance Wizard' and it worked, my Bf2 is nearly back to normal.

Thing is i want rid of this 'optimization' altogether, is there a way i can reset NV Hard Page to defaults or what it was like before? As i said i tried System Restore, and restored it to the 14th, a day before i played with NV Hard Page, but it didn't help.

2. Malonn

Malonn Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Xtrme
    I don't know the gnitty-gritty of your situation, but generally if you want to return settings to driver default, just uninstall nvhp, uninstall and clean your display drivers, then reinstall drivers. That will reset all driver related settings. No if and 's or but's - it will. If there is still a problem after that, the problem isn't with configurable settings.

3. Solinari

Solinari Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Thanks for the reply.

I went in to the Control Panel and set it to 'Let the 3D Application Decide' and that seems to have sorted it, i also deleted NvHardPage, from what i can see it doesn't 'install', it seems that all i have to do is extract it to a folder and that's it.

4. Malonn

Malonn Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Xtrme
    yeah, you're right it doesn't install. I forgot about that when writing that post. I'm used to RivaTuner.

5. Matuus

Matuus Master Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC GeForce 8800 GTS 512 MB GDDR3
    In nVHaPage go to the Profile Manager and activate profile "Reset D3D OGL Settings" .... maybe help you ...

6. Solinari

Solinari Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Thanks for the replies by the way,

I actually forgot i posted this because it took over a week to get a first reply and i just stopped looking at it. Never the less, i think i got it sorted and everything seems to be OK.

I will check for that option to reset the settings in future so thanks for that.