Request for Rivatuner Dev. Team: Temperature Log Output

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by MTL, Sep 21, 2007.

1. MTL

MTL Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 7900GTO SLI
    After years of using Rivatuner I have always wanted to see the option for the program to output GPU temperatures (recorded at preset intervals) to a .txt file. It would be great since then graphs could be made of the temperatures recorded over a set period of time.

Some programs have it (Speedfan, ATItool) but I would like to see it implemented.

Anyone else with me?

2. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

Is is a bad joke? I absolutely don't beleive that you've not seen "Log to file" button in the monitoring window after years of using RivaTuner.

3. MTL

MTL Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 7900GTO SLI
    How is this a bad joke? The log to file command outputs it to a .html file and not a .txt or excel file (which is what I was refering to in my first post).

Unless there is a command that I am TOTALLY missing, there is no way for the temperatures to be saved in any other file format other than html.

If there is a way to get Rivatuner to output to a different file format, I am all ears.

4. Unwinder

It never used HTML format. HML (Hardware Monitoring Log) is a plain comma-separated tabbed text file!

5. MTL

MTL Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 7900GTO SLI
    Maybe I am blind but whenever I open up the HML file it opens as a regular Rivatuner graph.

Do I need to open it with Notepad to get the text file? Or is there another way to do it?

Your help is very much appreciated.

6. Unwinder

Just open it with any text editor (including Notepad). It opens like a regular graph because RivaTuner is registered as default HML file processor. It builds graph using plain text info stored into HML file.

7. MTL

MTL Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 7900GTO SLI
    I love you. ;)

THANKS!!