1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Request for higher the framelimiter cap in RTSS

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by v1GTheGoog1337, Mar 25, 2019.

1. v1GTheGoog1337

v1GTheGoog1337 New Member

GPU:
    NVidia GTX 980
    Hello guys I want you to ask something.

Is there a possibility to higher the fps cap on the framerate limiter?
    I know it is already on 300 but I play a lot of CoD and Quake. (The older ones)
    These games are based on the idtech3 engine and there you got a huge advantage on certain fps values. For example with 333 fps you got a much better movement. (faster moving speed, higher jumping,..) since the ingame framelimiter is pretty bad with frametiming/pacing and tearing i use RTSS for it but i caps out on 300.
    Now i want to ask if it is possibly to higher the cap maybe in a future update. I would be very thankfull.
    Or maybe if there is an existing version of rtss where its not capped i would be very thankfull for a respond.

[​IMG]

kind regards
    TheGoog

2. Malik Sajid

Malik Sajid Member

GPU:
    RX 570 8GB
    I'm not sure this gonna work, but give it a try.

Run Notepad as admin, Navigate the RTSS install directory through it, Open 'Profiles' folder, then edit the 'Global' file.

under the [Framerate] section, adjust 'Limit' with the desired value, save it, then restart RTSS.

3. v1GTheGoog1337

v1GTheGoog1337 New Member

GPU:
    NVidia GTX 980
    It actually worked man. Thank you for that solution!! <3