Replacing thermal past and pads on 2x GTX 480's help

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Johndill, Jun 17, 2015.

1. Johndill

Johndill Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 480 SLI
    GIGABYTE got back to me they said the pads are 1mm:)

2. IcarusLSC

IcarusLSC Active Member

GPU:
    The Accelero Xtreme coolers for the 480's are great, I had two of them and they are super quiet even maxed out! Cool a ton better than stocker and so quiet.

3. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    You're thinking waterblocks. He's trying to use the stock cooler, and nvidia reference specs = 1mm thermal pads.

4. Johndill

Johndill Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 480 SLI
    I'd love to get the Accelero Xtreme cooler but I don't have the money and they are harder to get in Australia.

I had found that a few people had undervolted there 480's from there cards stock volts to a lower voltage and dropped off 10°C celsius along with lower power consumption without performance loss, so I tried it and got the 1.063V stock volts down to 975mV stable and dropped 13°C celsius off, BIG difference considering that when I played Crysis 1 on ultra 60fps with stock volts the fan was 100% and temps were still rising! but with the stable undervolt I could play through Crysis 1 on ultra 60fps at 80°C celsius on load with 86% fan speed (custom fan profile) a hell of a lot cooler and quieter than before! :)

5. Adil0n

Adil0n Guest

GPU:
    POV GTX 470 1Gb
    If you ever get the money, believe me, get accelero xtreme III, last week I installed it on my GTX 470 and dropped 20º when full. For now, when playing I've not been able to get past 65 degrees without OC. Will try to OC it this weekend to see how it behaves.

6. umeng2002

umeng2002 Maha Guru

GPU:
    4080 Super
    By the time I was looking into replacing the stock cooler on my GTX 480, I simply sold it on ebay and bought a 580, lol.