Replacing DLSS.dll with newer Version?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Legacy79, Jul 2, 2021.

1. Legacy79

Legacy79 Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070 / 8GB
    As there is a nvngx_dlss.dll (Version 2.2.10) in latest RUST game, I wonder if it's possible to copy that file over to all other games that use DLSS 2.X.X ?

There was an earlier approach where people tried dll from Rainbow Six Extraction to Cyberpunk, which slightly made the DLSS quality better. Less ghosting and stuff.

Also I would like to know if changing the files could lead to bans in the games and if we might loose any DLSS features which may have been implemented by the devs for the specific game.

2. Jawnys

Jawnys Master Guru

GPU:
    asus tuf oc 3090
    ive been replacing warzone dlss dll with the rainbow six one without issues, with bnet you have to replace it everytime you restart the battle net app, makes a significant difference in visibility for me in warzone

3. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Works fine on Metro Exodus gold edition (enhanced version requires subscribing to beta updates or there is no dlss), and Cyberpunk.

4. Nekrosleezer

Nekrosleezer Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 OC
    I just tried with Deliver Us The Moon which was using 2.1.5.0, replaced with the dlss 2.2.6.0(i think this is the last version) from Rainbow Six Siege and worked with no problem with all the benefits.

5. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 ROG Strix
    Is there an archive with all the different versions of nvngx_dlss.dll files somewhere?

6. _RA_

_RA_ Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970 Mini ITX
    Looking for the same lol

7. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSIrtx3070 gaming X
    I got my DLSS2.2 from nexus mods to try on death stranding and saw no change/improvement.

8. Nekrosleezer

Nekrosleezer Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 OC
    i have them all i think, but i dont know if i can share it with a mega link maybe?

Cave Waverider likes this.
  9. bobnewels

bobnewels Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Cave Waverider likes this.
  10. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060 TUF
    You can also just check the validity of the digital signature. The version taken from Siege definitely helps with reducing motion blur, though the smearing in Legion is still rather distracting (DF should point that out more imho).